civic hatchback with nos gets owned - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on civic hatchback with nos gets owned within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Initial-d~4life some civic hatchback with all these gauges come up next to me and sounds his bov ...

Re: civic hatchback with nos gets owned

Originally posted by Initial-d~4life
    some civic hatchback with all these gauges come up next to me and sounds his bov at me
    Maybe it was an electronic BOV. *shrug*

dont flame me for lack of paragrah form, iam in highschool come on )
    Great... what a wonderful statement about our public education system.

C'mon guys! Give him a break on the resume being written with crayon! He's only almost a legal adult! Geez!
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You guys are so harsh I needed a good laugh this morning. RSX, I would have to be in agreement of the WRX side on this one. Yes, if one had the cash and resources, and were unconcerned with reliability, sure it could be done. I am sure that somewhere there is a civic hatch prowling around that could take a stock WRX. But from the sound of it, it's definately not this one. For me, the questions will always remain...WHY? Who does this? What are they trying to accomplish? You might as well dump 10 grand into a metro. It's will never be more than what it is. A little economy car. If you need performance, buy a performance car. But I guess we need people like this...Who else would we have to make fun of?

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    First of all: when the hell did he say the civic had a turbo and nitrous. He just said NOS. Like someone said, 130HP+ a 60 shot = 190HP. Ladee freakin da. And they raced from a roll, so weight is less of a factor and so is hooking up.
    -Jim
    I'm not taking sides, but....

"we were just crusing when some civic hatchback with all these gauges come up next to me and sounds his bov at me so of course i rev back."

Unless the dood in the Civic had one of those BOV noisemakers, he had a turbo.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Originally posted by cnoff
    RSXracer200, have you ever considered starting your own website with a forum? That way you could post ignorant posts back and forth to yourself. I can see it now:

RSXracer200 - Hondas and Acuras are the bomb. My car will eat your a** for breakfast. I'll even give you a 13 second head start.

RSXracer300 - Man, you are so full of ***. Wait till I do my CRV engine swap bored out to 5 liters with my quad Garrett turbo with my 150 shot. Hell, I already killed two Peterbilts and a Kenwood today from a 40mph roll. Your ass is mine.

RSXracer200 - You beat those semi from a roll? I have to call B.S. on that one, RSXracer300. Those semis are pushing 600 hp and are turboed. You're a mother ******* ass**** s**thead lier.

That's hilarious!
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Originally posted by WRXless
    I'm not taking sides, but....

"we were just crusing when some civic hatchback with all these gauges come up next to me and sounds his bov at me so of course i rev back."

Unless the dood in the Civic had one of those BOV noisemakers, he had a turbo.
    yeah I just re-read that it's tough to miss three letters bov in lowercase letters with no sentence structure see what i mean

-Jim

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    LOL I told Initial D last night that RSXRacer2000 would be the first to jump on this post.

Personally speaking, I've been talking to him since he registered on him. Granted, you never really know someone over the net, but thus far, I can vouch for his truthfulness. He's been asking me for tips and advice on stuff, thus if he was just a "ricer" he wouldn't be asking and would just do stuff. The guy doesn't even have a spoiler on his car and wants to be a total sleeper...does that sound like a ricer to you?

You're right...we need to see the video. I'll be helping him with video capture so once he's got it, I'll host it on my server myself.

Oh, and btw...I already told him to break it into paragraphs (note the edits) LOL
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

RSXracer200
    Originally posted by Marcolus
    fact: a civic ex(sedan) with a greddy turbo kit struggles to make a 14.8 in the quarter

fact: a (cx) hatch is close to 500 if not 600 lbs lighter than a wrx

fact: majority of hatches have b motors, there are 3 in my area with h22's, and most of the b motor hatches have either f-max or drag kits on them.

fact: a car that is spraying is *instantly* in its giggling powerband much faster than alot of spool times. even if he is putting down 200 to the ground its all power/weight, torque/weight ratios here especially gearing etc. Remeber the most important part of the spray is not the power it creates but the amount of torque that makes that power.

Eitherway there a few holes in the origional story, post the video and let us see.
    thank you....some else who ha seen the light (put on your shades)

if he missed gears both times then i wold agree that its possable but the first race he didnt miss a gear.....a turbo hatch with nitrous wont beat a wrx from a roll it will ****ing murder it , not even close. id say a wrx can keep up with a hatch that has a stock gsr but thats about it add a turbo and nitrous to any civic motor and a stock wrx has no chance.

hey im not lieing its just the facts, and also how am i going to be banned from this site? im not the 1 that oes the flaming im just the 1 that states the facts that u all seem to overlook.

I have an integra with a b18 turbo and it has the ability to run low 14's from a standstill. If I had n2o, I'm sure that would be faster (but I don't want to blow my engine again! )

Civics are slow, but when you get an engine swap with turbo, with comparable drivers, the civics will be faster than a stock WRX. You ever see a civic with a Type R motor?! Those sucker run 13's with a little work.

Please note: I'm not saying that all turboed civics are faster than WRXs, nor am I saying that this story is a lie. I just wanted to respond to that person who stated that a "Civic with a turbo and nitrous will be lucky to stay alive let alone beat a WRX. You really are a dumbass." - This is a dumbass statement.

I love both cars. When I actually start making some money, I want a WRX AND a civic. There is great potential for both of these cars - both can be fast and furious HAHAHAHAHA

Happy Friday,

Dave

ps. Why is it that people start making stupid generalizations about cars and people when they start arguing on internet forums?
    2004 Java Black WRX - so close to stage two, I can taste it.

RSXracer200
    Originally posted by wonny
    I have an integra with a b18 turbo and it has the ability to run low 14's from a standstill. If I had n2o, I'm sure that would be faster (but I don't want to blow my engine again! )

Civics are slow, but when you get an engine swap with turbo, with comparable drivers, the civics will be faster than a stock WRX. You ever see a civic with a Type R motor?! Those sucker run 13's with a little work.

Please note: I'm not saying that all turboed civics are faster than WRXs, nor am I saying that this story is a lie. I just wanted to respond to that person who stated that a "Civic with a turbo and nitrous will be lucky to stay alive let alone beat a WRX. You really are a dumbass." - This is a dumbass statement.

I love both cars. When I actually start making some money, I want a WRX AND a civic. There is great potential for both of these cars - both can be fast and furious HAHAHAHAHA

Happy Friday,

Dave

ps. Why is it that people start making stupid generalizations about cars and people when they start arguing on internet forums?
    yah and keep in mind this guy who posted the story is stock.

like i said i dont realy have to argue the facts speak for themselves

We still don't know how many people were in the Civic!

If it had driver only, this story is complete BS. If it was full up, like the WRX, then I believe it.

-Jim

Originally posted by wonny

Happy Friday,

Dave

I really love how people just assume that this guy did a full motor swap with the turbo when, more than likely, he bolted on a turbo kit to his stock SOHC 1.6l. You say you have an Integra with a DOHC 1.8l turbo, that's great, but I wasn't talking about that. The dumbass statement was made that a "stock Civic motor with a turbo could easily push more than 200 hp." That's crap, and everyone knows it. A stock 1.6l Civic engine would not survive the hp nessecary to win against a WRX.

And RSXracer200 is a dumbass.
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    I think a huge part of the story to keep in mind here is that the other dude MISSED 4TH GEAR. That makes a big difference and that's a FACT. This shows that there's some driver error here.

My friend has a Civic Si...Greddy turbo kit with a TD-05 turbo, Greddy FMIC, Blitz BOV and Dual-SBC boost controller, V-AFC and a cat-less exhaust with a Tanabe Racing Medallion. If he was a competant driver, he SHOULD be able to smoke even my modded slushbox, but he hasn't. He can't beat me from a roll either, and he's putting down 220+ hp at the wheels with octane booster. Last Saturday I had 4 people in my car with me and he still couldn't beat me from a roll with just himself in his car. Anyone want to call BS on me?

Bottom line...it all comes down to the driver and the fact that we know this dude missed 4th gear, I think it makes this story more believable than not.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 07-26-2002 at 10:22 AM.
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)

I agree with Verdugo.....it all comes down to the driver.
    Someone's sig around here is something like "The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel"
    Take someone who drives a stock WRX, but knows how to drive 5 speed really well, and some new kid who just learned stick a week ago and sit him in a heavily modded Skyline. Just cause the numbers might be faster on paper, doesn't mean the Skyline will win........
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Trailboss516
    I agree with Verdugo.....it all comes down to the driver.
    Someone's sig around here is something like "The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel"
    Take someone who drives a stock WRX, but knows how to drive 5 speed really well, and some new kid who just learned stick a week ago and sit him in a heavily modded Skyline. Just cause the numbers might be faster on paper, doesn't mean the Skyline will win........
    Exactly my point, thank you!

This whole thread is styoopid.

Not the WRX vs. Civic Turbo w/ nitrous. No, that's a valid debate and we could list the things for both sides.

The stupidity is the "he's lying" ... "no he's not". Who cares?
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast