I hate SoCal Weather!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I hate SoCal Weather!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have to start by saying that I actually love SoCal, and the weather. But the heat, especially in the ...

ClubWRX.net Vendor

I hate SoCal Weather!!!!

I have to start by saying that I actually love SoCal, and the weather. But the heat, especially in the summer, kills the performance of a Subaru.

I've got a 02 WRX Sedona Red Sedan, HKS up-pipe, Godspeed Downpipe, Injen SES Exhaust, Blitz SUS intake, and the ECUteK.

I'm frustrated because I just got pulled on by an Integra. True, he was by himself, whereas I had my Girl (120lbs) and Roommate (200lbs), and soundsystem (50lbs) in the car. It was 7:30 p.m., with about 80* f. ambient temp.

He pulls up, revs on me, we both gun it, but he gets the jump and I can't pull on him, at which point he rolls down his window, taunts me and yells out "All-Motor... What happened MF!".

I go crazy, and my blood level goes through the roof, and ignore my girlfriends screaming and begging for me to slow down, because I've got my heart set on showing him what Subaru's are all about.

Anyway, I get maybe half a car on him, which is not nearly enough for him to stop taunting, or lower my condition blood level. But I give up, as I'm unable to utilize my ace, AWD, at a red light.

I can't find one and have broken too many traffic laws in the past 2 minutes than in my entire life.

I'm really upset. Had it been a little cooler, and a red light, I could've without a doubt spanked him from here till kingdom come, but I lost. Though I still finished ahead, this is still a loss.

Any input. Help. advice??? Let me know, as I'm about to trade this one in for a V8.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you should add a IC chiller on to that list of mods it would help you out on those types of races.
    Perrin short ram, Perrin Uppie, Perrin inlet hose, Perrin IC hoses, Cobb AP stage 2, MRT 3' turbo back, AMP boost controller @ 15.5psi, Freedom design front strut tower bar, Cuses Rear Strut tower Bar, KYB Adj Shocks, Eiback Springs, Perrin Rear sway bar, and links, 17' OZ Crono Evolution(17.5 lbs) W/ BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW 2

Looks like you should be more worried about the heat getting to your head and altering your judgement.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Don't feel too bad. WRX's hate extra weight. My 02 WRX was a dog with my 270 lbs ! dad in the car. They say that 100 lbs = 10hp but in a WRX its more than that.

FMIC...back to stock intake...tune the Utek...or go stg 4....

injectors/fuel pump/turbo...
    Here, is a happy little parrot....
    '04 WRX Sedan JBP
    KYB AGX struts w/ Eibach Pro Springs
    Pirate setting sail in Oregon...

You hate SoCa. weather because it makes your car slow.

. < Worlds smallest violin.

How about an ice storm that leaves a 1/4" sheet of ice on your car, roads covered in sand and salt, decimating the front of your car when it's kicked up by the car in front of you. Or maybe a hail storm that leaves your car looking like a golf ball.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tear.gif  
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

You hate so-cal weather? Try living in Vegas where the temps are over 100 ten months out of the year. Try Houston where the temps are in the high 90's with 90 plus humidty. Unless you are living in the desert so-cal weather is not that bad.

Your car was heavy to begin with two people and a heavy sound system. What outcome were you expecting? You did actually pull on him so no worries.

IC Chiller
    Water Wetter
    Cooler thermostat
    70/30 water/coolant mixture

Call it good and enjoy the sunshine. And the women. God I love LA.

Try racing at altitude during the summer, buddy... and I drive a Celica.
    Chris

1999 Integra LS

AIM: Aracheon

I think you need to wonder what it is you need to prove. Something isn't right, there. Calm down. When you get arrested for street racing you're going to be a lot more pissed off.

Ya I feel that heat. track on friday kinda got me pretty good. I am looking at IC spay system as that is a big factor it seems.

I Support ClubWRX
    I am glad someone else feels the same way about the heat and the performance of a TMIC turbo car. I have been feeling the same performance woes as well. It was in the upper 80's this weekend, and my car was running like a$$. Each time getting stuck at a light the TMIC would completely heat soak, and then take a few miles to cool down. I would go with a FMIC, but I live in Cali, and if they check the engine compartment, its off to the state referee. I love hot weather but my turbo suby does not.

1) socal weather is not that hot.

2) stop being an idiot! when your g/f is pleading with you to slow down THEN SLOW THE ***** DOWN! putting other people lives in danger because you have to make your p3nis feel bigger is not worth it... Not trying to be a d*ck, but come on. its bad enough with other people in the car, but when they ask you to chill out and you continue to drive faster is just plain ignorance and putting others lives at risk. you have no right to put their lives in danger over something so stupid... if they dont want you to go faster then dont.

3) the guy yelld "all motor" do you know what "all motor" can entail? all it takes for a GSR to run 13's is i/h/e/im/cams and other small stuff. the B18 and B16 engines can be made to be all motor beasts and considering you didnt have the AWD advantage i wouldnt be too mad... stuff happens, there will always be a faster car. for all your know that could have been a low 14 or 13 sec integra. "all motor" can be mean A LOT!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

stock wrx at the track one night after they did some work on the take off spot. nobody had traction. so 2 freinds jumped in. still squeeked tires on take off. pulled a 16.101, one freind 175lbs other 200 lbs and me 220lbs + sound system and generall crap in car. temp was about 78 or so. friday at the track was so hot. had to run the heater fan or sweet as the guy told me to roll up the widows even though we were not racing yet. had to be 93 when I got there I sware. pulling 15.4 with just me in the car. I had fun with a srt-4. he had no idea what I had. kept pace with him. he got a 14.5 and I was 15.11. he had a passanger though. still was funny. my buddy got him later though. he did a pass of 13.8 @ 97. I notice it gets bad when it's hot then the revs are super slow. A few small tricks I have noticed. one A/c can help as the fans will run. but not for long, short bursts while not rolling. two when siting waiting to go I have the a/c on and the ignition off. keeping the fans on to cool things a bit. when the GF says slow down it might be time. idther that or find another.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    The girlfriend screaming and begging was added for dramatic effect. The real story here is that she turned towards me and asked if that guy was trying to race me! She proceeded with asking whether I could spank him. you know the rest of the story.

Anyway, I'm the cheapest MOFO out there when it comes to fixing up my ride. Don't get me wrong as I think that my car looks and runs pretty sweet, Kudos to Dan from Godspeed for all of his advice, parts and Ali from Easystreet for tuning my car with the Ecutek.

I was thinking, Have any of you noticed that the window sprayers are located right next to the intercooler??? Because I checked under the hood to see whether the IC/Chiller from NX would be hard to install and realized that I could simply replace the soapy water with rubbing alcohol, and turn the hoses from the sprayers onto my intercooler. I know that sounds like a gimmick, but during most Dyno tunes, they use a windex like sprayer bottle to cool down the intercooler. What do you guys think??

P.S.: I know the consequences of street racing, I'm a frigging Pepperdine Law School student. Furthermore, none of us purchased this car with the aspirations of never, ever, under any circumstance, racing someone on the street. yeah it's illegal. I prefer the track, but unfortunately, the closest one is 1hr away, which explains the hype and street racing scene in the SFV and LA in general.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shockwrx.jpeg  
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast