I hate SoCal Weather!!!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on I hate SoCal Weather!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; how may of you guys have flames come out the rear??? I know that sounds so Hollywood, but my friends ...

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    how may of you guys have flames come out the rear??? I know that sounds so Hollywood, but my friends tell me that a 6-10 in. blue flame comes out my exhaust when i shift?? I know that this is due to running a rich mixture, but it doesn't happen consistently. Also, I backfire when revving. I love it, but again it doesn't occur consistently. Any Advice??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rearshockwrx.jpeg  
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by ej20fan
    how may of you guys have flames come out the rear??? I know that sounds so Hollywood, but my friends tell me that a 6-10 in. blue flame comes out my exhaust when i shift?? I know that this is due to running a rich mixture, but it doesn't happen consistently. Also, I backfire when revving. I love it, but again it doesn't occur consistently. Any Advice??
    Put your cats back in and get some tuning done
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

dont feel bad, i was pulled on by a stock looking 350z. i had five passengers (including me) and for some reason i thought my vf30 and supporting mods could still take him...i was wrong. I guess the moral of the story is dont try to race cars when you have a lot of excess weight in your car, it makes you a lot slower. Plus, now that integra and the 350 z will go home and brag to their friends about how they whooped a wrx with mods. and i'm pretty sure he'll leave out the part about us have passengers

Re: I hate SoCal Weather!!!!

Originally posted by ej20fan
    I have to start by saying that I actually love SoCal, and the weather. But the heat, especially in the summer, kills the performance of a Subaru.

I've got a 02 WRX Sedona Red Sedan, HKS up-pipe, Godspeed Downpipe, Injen SES Exhaust, Blitz SUS intake, and the ECUteK.

I'm frustrated because I just got pulled on by an Integra. True, he was by himself, whereas I had my Girl (120lbs) and Roommate (200lbs), and soundsystem (50lbs) in the car. It was 7:30 p.m., with about 80* f. ambient temp.

He pulls up, revs on me, we both gun it, but he gets the jump and I can't pull on him, at which point he rolls down his window, taunts me and yells out "All-Motor... What happened MF!".

I go crazy, and my blood level goes through the roof, and ignore my girlfriends screaming and begging for me to slow down, because I've got my heart set on showing him what Subaru's are all about.

Anyway, I get maybe half a car on him, which is not nearly enough for him to stop taunting, or lower my condition blood level. But I give up, as I'm unable to utilize my ace, AWD, at a red light.

I can't find one and have broken too many traffic laws in the past 2 minutes than in my entire life.

I'm really upset. Had it been a little cooler, and a red light, I could've without a doubt spanked him from here till kingdom come, but I lost. Though I still finished ahead, this is still a loss.

Any input. Help. advice??? Let me know, as I'm about to trade this one in for a V8.
    You think the wrx is bad. The audi turbos are 10 times as worse. I was in the RS6 and raced a full bolt on LS1 and killed him by a few car lengths and the higher the speeds the more i would pull (Btw the LS1 had 350whp) anyway that time i raced him it was 60 degrees. Recently it was 90 degrees and we went for a few pulls and he pulled on me a car length untill 80 and shut down i am shure the top end would have taken over the heat soake but talk about heat soake after that i was soo pissed i didnt know what to say.

in the audi heat soake is way worse then in the rex.

well here comes the I/C mist kit hopefully that should help.
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.