Destroyed an Audi S4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Destroyed an Audi S4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On my way home saw an S4 flying down the road as I was sitting at a red light. Once ...

Smile Destroyed an Audi S4

On my way home saw an S4 flying down the road as I was sitting at a red light. Once the light turned green I went to go see if I could catch him. Lucky for me, bad for him he got caught by a red light.

So I stayed back of him just a little so he didnt see me. He takes off from the light burning out. I stay in it just enough to stay even. I can hear him really into it, once he shifts into 2nd I floor it and just toast him. The look on his face was PRICELESS as I just drove past him.

There were a few turns coming up so I let up and I am looking in my rearview mirror and I can tell he is all over it, giving it all he can to try and catch up, so I just stump on it again, and put about 10 car lengths between us. I have to take the next turn and I slow down he gives me the big and I go home.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good kill, but next time try posting in the appropriate forum.

move to WRX vs. the World.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice kill.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

t
    10 cars ??? Are you modded because from what I know stock for stock the S4 is a little quicker.

Let me know,
    Thomas

what do you have STI or WRX? if it's a WRX..is it modded? S4 would take a WRX stock vs. srock.

Re: Destroyed an Audi S4

Originally posted by whoopwhoop
    so I just stump on it again, and put about 10 car lengths between us.
    did he know he was racing because um the S4 is pretty quick..what are your mods?

The S4 is not as fast as you think...I mean, its fast but, it wouldn't necessarily beat a wrx stock for stock. It's considerably heavier, has a very slow action clutch, not sporty at all. Some people are so hard up about the S4, but if you ask me, I just came from the Audi dealer buying a 1.8T for my wife and when I drove the S4 my first impression was that it was about $30,000 over priced.....I actually thought the 3.0 had more balls. After 3.5 hours at the Audi dealer I came to the realization that they were not all that they were cracked up to me, and how I wish I had just gone next door to VW and bought her another Passat. Could have saved $. Actually if it were my choice we would have bought, a GTi 1.8T, a Porche 944, or an Evo. But of course she had to have something "luxurious" and "more grown up". Argh!
    '88 Jeep Wrangler , left my rear end in a
    rock quarry

'92 Talon TSI AWD, 402 whp

'02 WRX, begging for mods

I have a 2005 STI, no mods. I was alone in my car and he had a passenger. He had on nice looking wheels and his car looked lowered. Not sure if he had any mods.

Found this searching.

A stock S4 makes 250hp @ 5800rpms w/258lb of torque. It's 0-60 is 5.9, it weighs in at 3593lbs.

So I think I am hearing the STI does 0-60 in 4.7-5.2seconds depending on driver etc etc.

So take your

t
    Still... 10 cars?

maybe the s4 is a bad driver and the sti is an bad ass one
    Fadi....
    04' WRX, Stage 4 with fmic R.I.P
    05' WRX STI, 325whp 346wtq @17psi
    MODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Enough of the bloody titties show.

t
    maybe

it must have been an older one..like a 2002..because the 2003 -2004 have a 4.2liter 340hp v8..but you are right anythings possible when it come down to drivers

Originally posted by Weapon wrX
    it must have been an older one..like a 2002..because the 2003 -2004 have a 4.2liter 340hp v8..but you are right anythings possible when it come down to drivers
    yeah or if the other guy isn't racing. JK
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

It was the older turbo model. He was on it, as I said before he was flying up the road, when the light turned green he burned out and was on it.

The 4.2L V8 S4 is about as fast the old turbo up here at 7000ft in Colorado. The NA cars just dont do as well as FI cars do.

My ZO6 stock turned a 13.3 here at our altitude and most turn 13.5--13.7 and at sea level there are guys turning high 11's with DR.

Yeah the driver made up for all the difference

Actually when I hear about all this driver crap there is some truth to it, when you have a piss poor driver going against a great driver sure the better driver will be quicker. But if you have 2 drivers that are at least good in a quick race from 1st to 2nd and touching 3rd not sure how much difference a great driver would be over a good driver unless the cars were 100% equal. In most cases the faster car will win unless he cant get traction. That is why most of the guys that street race do runs from a roll. It takes out almost all of the driver. I mean how hard is it to just smash the gas pedal and shift as fast as you possibly can??? Just my .02

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast