Destroyed an Audi S4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Destroyed an Audi S4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; An STi should have no problem with a stock S4. I don't have any with them in my WRX which ...

An STi should have no problem with a stock S4. I don't have any with them in my WRX which is slightly faster than a stock STi.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Lets just say people buy V8s to get 300 horsepower and we have a four cylinder AWD turbo here that reaches that. I have no dought that it would beat an S4. It should not be hard to believe.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by caffeineOasis
    Lets just say people buy V8s to get 300 horsepower and we have a four cylinder AWD turbo here that reaches that. I have no dought that it would beat an S4. It should not be hard to believe.
    Ehh, it's not that simple. You can't really just compare the peak hp from two cars and pronounce the victor. Both the STi and the S4 (the new one) trap around 103 in the quartermile, so it may indeed be a driver's race. Above 100, I wouldn't be surprised if the torque of the V8 allows it to pull away.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Originally posted by whoopwhoop
    It was the older turbo model.
    like he said it was the older turbo model meaning it is not a V8, its a V6. The peak torque of the STi is 300 compared to the S4's 258, so read more carefully next time. Where the STi would probably run low 13's compared to an older model's low 14's possibly.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by caffeineOasis
    like he said it was the older turbo model meaning it is not a V8, its a V6. The peak torque of the STi is 300 compared to the S4's 258, so read more carefully next time.
    No need to get jerky; I was responding to YOUR diatribe about "people buy V8s to get 300 horsepower and we have a four cylinder AWD turbo here that reaches that." Not addressing the original poster's claim.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Did not mean to have it seem that way, but I said it because it directly related to this forum topic and the STi has so much power for a four cylinder and then theres the older model S4.

i call bs!

JK JK

awesome kill, i am not surpised by the outcome, although 10 cars seems like much, but i dont doubt the STi for one moment that it would destroy the S4 like that. Nice job man

Nice kill! Older, less powerful S4 with an extra passenger and plenty of curb weight + an abused engine (most likely) vs. brand new sti with 1 passenger = teh win (by 4-5 car lengths )

i call, why do we always have to fight it? jsut say good kill and stop.......theres no reason to argue, noone knows what happened just trust you fellow wrx memeber
    Fadi....
    04' WRX, Stage 4 with fmic R.I.P
    05' WRX STI, 325whp 346wtq @17psi
    MODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Enough of the bloody titties show.

^^ w0rd

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, afterall, no one ever BS's here...
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Well...it doesn't sound that outlandish that an STi beats the older TTV6 S4. Two of my friends raced....one in his S4 (bone stock), the other in his 02 WRX (muffler removed). When they punched it on the highway, the WRX pulled away slightly. The story was told to me by the S4 owner (he now has an EVO and the other guy has an STi).
    2002 WRB WRX

Surprised everyone's jumping on this as questionable...but I assumed from the first post that this was the B5 S4 and not the new B6 body style. With that said and if the guy wasn't chipped...add in that passenger and those bling wheels and I can easily see him getting toasted. There's been plenty of discussion on audiworld about how people put on 18-19" rims and ****e their pants because of the performance hit.

T.

I havent seen the S4 around since that time. I wanted to run him again and ask him if he had any MODS done to the car.

However, last night I was out and about and raced the older style NSX 91-96 forgot to ask what year with the pop up headlights. He had comptech headers, a carbon fiber airbox, comptech free flow exhaust and some after market wheels.

We raced 3 times all from dead stops all from lights. We were dead even every single time. I got him off the start by about 1/2-3/4 car lengths and neither of us could do anything to pull on the other guy. We raced up to about 100mph or until the next light. Pretty fun

i actually raced a 2001 s4 avant. looked gorgeous. i have never seen an s4 that looked in such a great condition. looked as if it was just brought off the floor. anyhow, we come up to a red light and i didnt know if the guy wanted to race, as the light turned green, he floors it, and i bog my launch because i wasnt ready at all. The light ahead turns red and im in the left lane while he is in the right lane and i could hear him yelling at the guy in front of him to get out of the way to come up next to me and race me. the civic in front of him turned right and he came next to me. he gave me a smile, most likely because he 'killed' me the first run. anyhow, i start revving, and once it turned green, we both launched. i got an instant car length on him, and up to 60 i was a good 2-2.5 cars in front when i slowed down. he darted next to me with his mouth wide open in shock. not only did i beat him, but i also had 2 other people in my car. i guess he wasnt expecting my golf to be fast.

i totally believe him. the s4's dont run stock anything better than 14.1 @ ~97mph.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12