LS1 gets stunned

This is a discussion on LS1 gets stunned within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So i was driving down a local road, 2 lane with speed limit of 35. I get to the stop ...

LS1 gets stunned

So i was driving down a local road, 2 lane with speed limit of 35. I get to the stop light, and the car to the left of me is taking a left, so this nice looking newer camaro gets behind me and keeps inching towards my bumper. Ahead, the 2 lanes turn into 1 lane to cross over some railroad tracks and then the road splits into 2 roads. Anyways, i accelerate normally but i just had a feeling the camaro would try to get in the left lane and gun it around me. So i kept it in 2nd gear at about 35 mph, and sure enough he gets in the next lane and guns it. His tires chirp, and right then i also gun it, he gets up to my rear bumper and then i proceed to pull 1 car on him till about 60 mph. He gets behind me with a dumbfounded look and then when the road splits i take the right road and he takes the left one. He then proceeds to gun it like a mad man chirping with every gear shift. Now i know if we would have kept going he would start pulling me, but im pretty impressed with the low end power of my car, it really pulls hard in 2nd and 3rd. I bet i made that guys day, lol.

-BobbyD
    Last edited by BobbyD; 06-26-2004 at 10:35 AM.
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice I can hold my friends intake/exhaust Trans AM until 80-90 mph even from a roll but after that its like I'm standing still.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

good kill man

Nice

With your setup you could definately give a stockish LS1 a good run up to about 80- 90mph.

good stuff. its always good to hear about stock turbo rex's pulling on LS1's
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

All I can say is you must officially have the world's fastest Stage II considering that stock LS1s trap in the 105-108MPH range.

Not calling BS since it was such a short race, but how do you know it was not an LT1?

Jimbo
    2003 PSM Wagon - VF34; STi 565cc Injectors; ScoobySport turboback with Prodrive muffler; STi catless uppipe; Cobb AccessPort; Samco IC hoses; 17" Steel Gray Rota Attacks with Sumitomo HTR ZIIs; Prodrive springs, sedan rear sway

Hes not a stage 2. Hes got a MBC at 16 psi. Which is sort of better than Cobb's stage 2 power wise cause i only saw 15.3~15.5 psi max on the stocker. I believe the race. He said he knew he'd end up pulling on him up top. If it was a LT1 he'd a put more than a car.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

Originally posted by Jimbo
    All I can say is you must officially have the world's fastest Stage II considering that stock LS1s trap in the 105-108MPH range.

Not calling BS since it was such a short race, but how do you know it was not an LT1?

Jimbo
    he would have romped on an LT1!

he even admitted that the car would have ended up pulling... his performance with those mods are similar to an LS1, and you cant expect an LS1 to pull until about 90mph anyways
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Do we all drive the same car. I had a full stage 3 on my WRX and I still got pulled on by LS1. Big diffrence from a a car that traps 102 MPH to a car that traps 108 MPH. I do not know what took place in this race, but all that I can say, is that I have been raped by severa Ls1 from a roll and from the dig. I could give them a good run with my stage 3 to about 90, but they are to powerfull on top.

Originally posted by Drod
    Do we all drive the same car. I had a full stage 3 on my WRX and I still got pulled on by LS1. Big diffrence from a a car that traps 102 MPH to a car that traps 108 MPH. I do not know what took place in this race, but all that I can say, is that I have been raped by severa Ls1 from a roll and from the dig. I could give them a good run with my stage 3 to about 90, but they are to powerfull on top.
    probably the driver
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Originally posted by Drod
    Although I do agree there is a big difference between a car that traps around 102 and a car that traps 108 there are many variables in this little exchange I had. First of all, that 6 mph he would have on me by the time of the 1/4 mile is not gained in 2-3 seconds. Secondly, not all LS1 camaro's trap 108, I have heard of many trapping as low as 104. Regardless, I think the reason I pulled on him in 2nd gear is because our second gear might be shorter than theirs. I also don't think an LS1 will rape and pillage me from a roll starting at 40 going to about 90. Also this driver loved to do little chirps when he floored his car. I believe he did this by quickly reving and dropping his clutch. This could have caused him to also lose some ground. I am also pretty confident this was an LS1, simply because it was the newer style camaro, and i know all of those are LS1's, unless they have the V6 of course. Now like i mentioned before, if we would have dragged the race on further, I would have gotten pulled nicely, this i know. For some of you who think this was a LT1, unless it was a decently modded LT1, i don't see this being the case. I have raced a few LT1 camaro's and even when I had uppipe/downpipe I would pull on him about 2 cars from a roll and then stay even with them after 100. I also recently raced an LT1, and i pulled numerous cars on him because of the addition of catless midpipe and MBC. I didn't post this kill cause I don't really take too much pride in beating old camaros with stockish LT1's. Regardless, in about a month the VF39 sitting under my bed will be dropped in along with some injectors, fuel pump, and a UTEC. Then its getting custom tuned. So after that I should be able to keep up with stock LS1's even after 90. Peace

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

not to change the subject but where do you live in indiana. I played with many a muscle car when visiting my ex in evansville a while back. The cool thing is nobody even looks twice there at a subaru.