"Ricer" Mustange GT Encounter
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "Ricer" Mustange GT Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm driving back from tennis game yesterday w/ a friend in the car. The rain had just died down but ...

"Ricer" Mustange GT Encounter

I'm driving back from tennis game yesterday w/ a friend in the car. The rain had just died down but people were driving way too slow. I'm trying to do my normal 45 in a 40 zone. I'm just passing people left and right because they're doing maybe 35. Well I'm infront of all the traffic now however approaching a light blue Mustang, 94-98 model, on the right lane w/ me in the center lane. I pass him doing 45 not thinking of anything, however I see rice rim, hood, gauges, neon, etc so I wonder if he wanted to do anything. I get into the right lane infront of the GT as I'm near my home but I see the GT change into the center lane. Lucky us then hits a red light as both of us are the first cars at the light.
    I look over at the GT and the other driver pretends to not notice me. I could hear an aftermarket exhaust so was wondering if he'd run. Light turns green and we're side by side from a slow roll. I get into 2nd at 35mph and I suddenly heard him downshift so I knew it was on. I go WOT in 2nd and I see him breaking traction ( car lunges weird ); I go through the next intersection spinning all 4 wheels thru 3rd. I look back and he's 2+ bus lengths back still trying to gain traction. I slow down to 40 and wait for him to catch up. He finally gets besides me and revs and of course I return the favor; redlining and back firing. We approached traffic so there was no more room to play. It was interesting, I'm pretty sure the GT would have beat me if it was dry since he was spinning alot when it was wet.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: "Ricer" Mustange GT Encounter

Originally posted by chuglobal
    I go through the next intersection spinning all 4 wheels thru 3rd. I look back and he's 2+ bus lengths back still trying to gain traction. I slow down to 40 and wait for him to catch up. He finally gets besides me and revs and of course I return the favor; redlining and back firing...
    Sounds pretty wild.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

i think you coulda took him in the dry too. GT's are a tad quick but i haven't met one to give me a good run yet...from a stop or a roll... a stg 2 WRX should have no problem handing a GT a "L".. if your driving skills are up to it you can do it....
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Novtec, this is probably because your evo is much faster than a typical stage II wrx.

-BobbyD
    Last edited by BobbyD; 06-26-2004 at 06:49 PM.
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

naw i've ran a few GT'S in my wifes WRX..... and i've won by 1/2 car its not much but i was still in the lead...... all she has is up/ down pipe, cat back and intake..... i do drive the hell outta her car though....
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Re: "Ricer" Mustange GT Encounter

Originally posted by chuglobal
    I'm pretty sure the GT would have beat me if it was dry since he was spinning alot when it was wet.
    You're kidding, right? Mustang GT beating a WRX? Not likely, bud.

-Jim

95-98 GT's havn't been to much of a challenge for my WRX with just UP/DP/Catback. I've ran several in town. From a stop they've been no match. I have raced one 97 GT 5spd with aftermarket exhaust from a roll. We went from 35-95 and i had 3/4 car on him at shutdown. That same race from a stop was a different story, probably about 3 cars on him at 95.
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

Yo

I was giving the GT the benefit of the doubt. I've ran a modded ( SC or BOS ) GT on the hwy and he walked me hard. I was assuming the GT from Friday could have had a SC too but just never raced in "interesting" conditions. I've also come across many "rice" GTs and I've killed them from rolls.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Spinning all 4 tires through the intersection?

Nice
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Humm

Well, I got too excited and went WOT in 3rd through standing water on bald RE750s; AWD definitely does its job.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    haha,racing on wet streets,you rule ,man
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Humm

Well, stupidty as I'd call it sometimes. I usually don't break traction so it's relatively "safe" however when I broke loose in this incident, I should have called it quits. I figured it'd be safer to keep on the gas for AWD traction than finding out what happens if I decided to let off the throttle. It's still fun though.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Originally posted by Trailboss
    Spinning all 4 tires through the intersection?

Nice
    =+- 02' Midnight Black Scooby Rex-+=

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.