Lost to an A4 (sneaky) - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Lost to an A4 (sneaky) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Lawrider RSXsucks, I assume you didn't actually read this thread Cheers You know, I've noticed that you ...

Re: ;)

Originally posted by Lawrider
    RSXsucks,

I assume you didn't actually read this thread

Cheers
    You know, I've noticed that you get quite a few jealous Audi owners on this board. I guess everyone looks up to the WRX, as well they should! Please, try to hide your jealousy. Just bow down to the infinite superiority of the WRX and your eventual integration into Subaru world will be much less painful.

Cheers!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Re: ;)

Originally posted by RSXSucks

You know, I've noticed that you get quite a few jealous Audi owners on this board. I guess everyone looks up to the WRX, as well they should! Please, try to hide your jealousy. Just bow down to the infinite superiority of the WRX and your eventual integration into Subaru world will be much less painful.

Cheers!
    Read the thread!
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

BTW, Lawrider, I am so jealous of your mods....
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

:)

RSXSucks,

That's a pretty good troll post, i like the "integration into the Subaru world" part quite a bit. Perhaps you failed to realize that Audi and Subaru are the two major AWD car companies specializing in turbocharged applications? We are very much in the same vein, the only difference is that Audi puts more $$ into their cars, and thus charges more $$$. Neither company is a new arrival, both have decades of development and racing under their belts. Fighting each other in anything other than a friendly manner truly is a phyrric victory at best...save it for the non-believers in AWD FI cars.

If i were back in college id be all over a WRX. Subaru's only fault with the WRX is taking so long to bring it here...i completely agree with the sacrifices they made in order to bring the WRX's performance level at its current price-point. That said, id love to see a nice mid-30k STi with everything from interior to exterior done to premium standards...such a car would pull at the heart-strings of performance as well as premium car owners.

In terms of Audi owners on this board, i know myself i visit this WRX board, Audiworld, Miata.net, ClubSi, and VWVortex...i love cars and love to read about modifiying, kills, etc...i do go to the IS300 board and read the kills section there for a good laugh though

Try to understand Audi does not consider the A4 a sports sedan, they consider it an AWD, all weather car that does everything pretty well. It's potential, much like the WRX, is something enthusiasts have come to embrace, discover, and unlock. Would you have bought a WRX is there was no way to mod it? I know i wouldn't have bought an A4 if that were the case, no way 150hp (1999.5) would have been anything more than adequate, even though the car was still enjoyable stock.

The A4's engine could *easily* come with 240hp/265 ft-lb standard (easily obtainable with a KO4 turbo which is just the stock KO3 with slightly profile, and a little more fuel via a FPR). Im hoping that the introduction of Quattro Gmbh will spawn performance 1.8Ts from the factory. Yet Audi refuses to put the KO4 into anything other than the 225hp TT...its by choice Aftermaket turbo kits like mine and others are putting out 280+ hp on 93 pump, 310+ on 100 octane, and beyond 330hp on 104 octane, all on stock internals, and completely reliable as a daily driver. Im sure WRXs are either as capable, or have only sliightly less headroom.

WRXless, thanks for the kind words

Cheers,
    Sameer
    99.5 A4 1.8T28
    P.E.S. T28 Turbo Kit, Racetec Z-Flo FMIC, 1/8 Test Pipe w/Milltek Exhaust, Vortrag Hypercoil Springs over Bilstein Sports (450lb/500lb), W.O.A. Stage II Clutch, Racetec 4-pt Strut Brace, A.W.E. A Pillar Boost Gauge, Bailey BPV, Valeo E-Codes w/ Phillips 5300K H.I.D., APR Snubbie, Strat cartridge SSK, S4 Vented Wheel Liner, Brembo Rotors w/ Hawk HPS Pads(F)/EBC Greens(R), Denso Iridium IK-22's, Hella Supertones, O.Z. 17" SL's w/ Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's, Alpine CDA-7894, MB Quart QSD 213, Rockford Fosgate 501.1bd, Alpine SWR-1241D, P.P.I. A.400, 35% Llumar Charcoal tint, UUC RKII, RS-4 Grille.
    "Building boost, breakin hearts"

94 Miata C Package (a.k.a. Nougat)
    Flying Miata's FM2 intercooled GT28 turbo kit, Shiv fuel rail, AEM wideband O2, FM turbo exhaust, R.S. Aizawa Slash Intake Lid, KYB AGX's, HDHCDD 4-Point rollbar, FM NA clutch, FM F+R swaybars, Hella E-Code H4 Conversions, CRI Fogs, CRI Air Horns, Lewis Lumbars, Momo Monte Carlo, Rota Circuit 8's 15" with Toyo T1-S's, Pioneer Premier DEH-P440 with Infiniti Kappas 6 1/2 (doors), Infiniti Kappas 3 1/2 (headrests), some chrome bits, Voodoo.
    "It's not how fast you go, its how little you slow down...but 9.5hp/lb helps!"

I'm sorry, but I can't think of one thing that the A4 or S4 have that is better than the WRX, other than a higher sticker price. Didn't that one magazine do a comparison and found that the WRX was far superior? I'm not trolling here, just stating the facts.
    2002 RSX Type S

Originally posted by RSXSucks
    I'm sorry, but I can't think of one thing that the A4 or S4 have that is better than the WRX, other than a higher sticker price. Didn't that one magazine do a comparison and found that the WRX was far superior? I'm not trolling here, just stating the facts.
    Just sit in an A4 and you'll see why they are more expensive, as compared to a WRX. The A4 is far more refined. I'm not bashing the WRX - I almost bought one - but even my Jetta is more refined than the WRX.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Originally posted by WRXless

Just sit in an A4 and you'll see why they are more expensive, as compared to a WRX. The A4 is far more refined. I'm not bashing the WRX - I almost bought one - but even my Jetta is more refined than the WRX.
    First off, no one cares about anything but performance. If you spent $50K and your car is slower than a $25K car, then claiming that the interior is nicer is just a ricer's excuse.

That being said, I have it on very good authority that the WRX interior is second to none. It has auto-dimming mirrors, 6CD in dash, keyless entry, etc. etc. It is the epitomy of luxury. I guess that is why I don't understand why people would buy M3s anymore since the WRX really is a nicer car inside, outside, and performance wise.
    2002 RSX Type S

Pug
    Stop feeding the troll

Originally posted by Pug
    Stop feeding the troll
    Trolls are people who come onto boards and talk down on the car. I have not done that, therefore I cannot be a troll.

That being said: munch munch munch
    2002 RSX Type S

TRUST ME RSX, Lawrider's car "IS" better than most WRX's....I know from experience. I wouldn't mind being schooled by him again just so he could prove that you can make an A4 bada$$. I agree that I never liked A4's until recently...Lawrider showed me the light.

Originally posted by The HomeliteXL
    TRUST ME RSX, Lawrider's car "IS" better than most WRX's....I know from experience. I wouldn't mind being schooled by him again just so he could prove that you can make an A4 bada$$. I agree that I never liked A4's until recently...Lawrider showed me the light.
    Never said A4s weren't nice cars but I totally disagree that they are better than any WRX. Stock for stock, mod for mod, interior for interior, the WRX is a superior machine.
    2002 RSX Type S

Lawrider-
    just ignore RSXSucks. he's giving WRX owners a bad name (in my opinion). every once in a while i find humor in his posts, because they're so outrageously false. so don't think that's the general concensus of WRX owners. personally i love A4's/S4's. one of my closest friends has an '02 A4, and its pimpin it's even an automatic, but i still love it...such a nice car. anyway, nice kill...do you have any pics to show us of your A4?
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

Originally posted by TurboWRX
    Lawrider-
    just ignore RSXSucks. he's giving WRX owners a bad name (in my opinion). every once in a while i find humor in his posts, because they're so outrageously false. so don't think that's the general concensus of WRX owners. personally i love A4's/S4's. one of my closest friends has an '02 A4, and its pimpin it's even an automatic, but i still love it...such a nice car. anyway, nice kill...do you have any pics to show us of your A4?
    Yeah, let's see some pictures! No doubt that Audi has some beautiful cars in their lineup, I just don't personally see any of them as being better than the WRX. Honestly, I'm not hating on the A4 though.
    2002 RSX Type S

TurboWRX,

Thanks for the kind words, i figured when i read around about RSXSucks. I know this board has alot of fairly laid back and knowledgable people, so no worries.

This is a link to my Audiworld picture poster, which has a few pics of my Audi and Miata in it. The pics on the lift were from getting a 4 wheel alignment:

http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/users/1204.phtml

Thanks for the kind words, i figured when i read around about
    RSXSucks.

This is a link to my Audiworld picture poster, which has a few pics of my Audi and Miata in it.

RSXSucks,

Stock for stock there is no comparison, the WRX is a sports sedan with no pretensions as a luxury sedan. It is faster, and handles better. The A4 is a luxury-sports sedan. It has quality, materials, fit and execution far above the WRX. Mod for mod, however, is a different story, both cars can be built sky high. The WRX has 2 advantages in modifying;

1) The WRX manifold appears to be pretty good handling larger airflow, the OEM Audi manifold is horrific and must be replaced to run larger turbos beyond a KO4-15 (240hp/250ft-lb).

2) the TMIC seems to have better cooling capacity over the SMIC on the A4.

Both of these are remedied in the aftermarket, completely replaced. While that increases the price of a aftermarket big turbo kit, it also means those kits are complete systems with manifold, injectors, turbocharger, new software, etc... It is clear to me though, that the A4 has a better tranny, a superior AWD system, better engine management, etc...which justifies its higher price tag.

I know im answering a troll, but i can't help it To say interior/exterior/fit-n-finish do not matter is simply wrong (this from a guy who, from his handle, bought a RSX ). People choose cars for the total package. I chose my A4 because it does everything well. It looks good at a race track and at the opera. I can go to court, drive around with my Bureau Chief in it, and not feel like a boy racer. Plus, i knew that the 1.8T would have terrific tuning potential, and with hundreds of thousands of the motors produced annually across the entire VW lineup, it will have an extremely bright tuning future. PES, APR, ATP, AWE, WOA all have or are bringing turbo kits to market. That is why i chose the A4 over the S4, more tuneable, lighter, more durable, and a far better engine support than the hoary 2.7TT found in the S4.

Cheers

Edited to remove duplicate text
    Last edited by Lawrider; 08-04-2002 at 11:09 PM.
    99.5 A4 1.8T28
    P.E.S. T28 Turbo Kit, Racetec Z-Flo FMIC, 1/8 Test Pipe w/Milltek Exhaust, Vortrag Hypercoil Springs over Bilstein Sports (450lb/500lb), W.O.A. Stage II Clutch, Racetec 4-pt Strut Brace, A.W.E. A Pillar Boost Gauge, Bailey BPV, Valeo E-Codes w/ Phillips 5300K H.I.D., APR Snubbie, Strat cartridge SSK, S4 Vented Wheel Liner, Brembo Rotors w/ Hawk HPS Pads(F)/EBC Greens(R), Denso Iridium IK-22's, Hella Supertones, O.Z. 17" SL's w/ Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's, Alpine CDA-7894, MB Quart QSD 213, Rockford Fosgate 501.1bd, Alpine SWR-1241D, P.P.I. A.400, 35% Llumar Charcoal tint, UUC RKII, RS-4 Grille.
    "Building boost, breakin hearts"

94 Miata C Package (a.k.a. Nougat)
    Flying Miata's FM2 intercooled GT28 turbo kit, Shiv fuel rail, AEM wideband O2, FM turbo exhaust, R.S. Aizawa Slash Intake Lid, KYB AGX's, HDHCDD 4-Point rollbar, FM NA clutch, FM F+R swaybars, Hella E-Code H4 Conversions, CRI Fogs, CRI Air Horns, Lewis Lumbars, Momo Monte Carlo, Rota Circuit 8's 15" with Toyo T1-S's, Pioneer Premier DEH-P440 with Infiniti Kappas 6 1/2 (doors), Infiniti Kappas 3 1/2 (headrests), some chrome bits, Voodoo.
    "It's not how fast you go, its how little you slow down...but 9.5hp/lb helps!"

Originally posted by Lawrider
    People choose cars for the total package. I chose my A4 because it does everything well. It looks good at a race track and at the opera. I can go to court, drive around with my Bureau Chief in it, and not feel like a boy racer.
    Are you saying that the WRX is not a balanced car? Wow, someone made that suggestion on ClubRSX and was skewered for it! Face it, the WRX, at half the price, offers twice the performance and 3 times the luxury of any car less than $500,000. Anyone who reads any of the posts on the board can see that.
    2002 RSX Type S

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.