Lost to an A4 (sneaky) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Lost to an A4 (sneaky) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It's all good. I wish I knew more people w/ DIFFERENT cars so we could all have friendly races....

Yo

It's all good. I wish I knew more people w/ DIFFERENT cars so we could all have friendly races.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Lawrider's account of the story

Just found Lawrider's post:

http://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/1282871.phtml

Y'all play nice now.

Re: ?

Originally posted by Lawrider
    Sorry Glepko, not sure i understand your post, im still waiting for Coffinrocker...he has some 'splainin to do

sitting on the dock of the bay....
    waiting for coffinrocker to come my way....
    answering a post that he made...
    wasting time, or is it naws?
    sorry, that was directed at coffinrocker! i think it's kind of funny haha!

hey all

Jimb,

No, at the crank im sure...but the PES numbers are conservative to say the least. Some of the guys i know running the kit estimate it to be closer to 290hp. PES has a dyno of 270/270 on Passat with stock cat and stock downpipe, and an exhaust has been dyoned to add ~+13-15hp on a A4...blah, blah...

Chuglobal, i see your posts here all the time and would love to run against you. There isn't an Audi owner that does not like WRXs, both are turbo AWD cars (granted looks, cost, fit n' finish are all the issues, but are comparing two similar cars)

You know when i had that little run-in i actually was hoping to come here and see a post from a WRX guy that would be cool, kinda like that WRX guy that ran with the WS6 Firebird and people cross linked the posts from the respective boards. Since its not my board (i don't own a WRX) i didn't feel it right to post "A4 kills WRX." Besides, its only a stock WRX.

After i left that WRX i really was happy that i ran into a couple nice kids, we smiled, we were polite, and no one took it personally. So i was miffed, to say the least, when i check here and see pretty much the exact opposite of the actual events. What peeves me is the a$$es that won't look over (like the owner of the Grand Prix GTP i ran into later that night) or get mad and turn off, etc... Funny thing is i didn't even launch hard, just a 3k engagement

BTW the Chicago Audi group is pretty tight, we have, off the top of my head, 7 hi-po (280-320hp) A4s & S4s, and a dozen chipped/exhaust stock turbo cars around as well.

Cheers,
    Sameer
    99.5 A4 1.8T28
    P.E.S. T28 Turbo Kit, Racetec Z-Flo FMIC, 1/8 Test Pipe w/Milltek Exhaust, Vortrag Hypercoil Springs over Bilstein Sports (450lb/500lb), W.O.A. Stage II Clutch, Racetec 4-pt Strut Brace, A.W.E. A Pillar Boost Gauge, Bailey BPV, Valeo E-Codes w/ Phillips 5300K H.I.D., APR Snubbie, Strat cartridge SSK, S4 Vented Wheel Liner, Brembo Rotors w/ Hawk HPS Pads(F)/EBC Greens(R), Denso Iridium IK-22's, Hella Supertones, O.Z. 17" SL's w/ Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's, Alpine CDA-7894, MB Quart QSD 213, Rockford Fosgate 501.1bd, Alpine SWR-1241D, P.P.I. A.400, 35% Llumar Charcoal tint, UUC RKII, RS-4 Grille.
    "Building boost, breakin hearts"

94 Miata C Package (a.k.a. Nougat)
    Flying Miata's FM2 intercooled GT28 turbo kit, Shiv fuel rail, AEM wideband O2, FM turbo exhaust, R.S. Aizawa Slash Intake Lid, KYB AGX's, HDHCDD 4-Point rollbar, FM NA clutch, FM F+R swaybars, Hella E-Code H4 Conversions, CRI Fogs, CRI Air Horns, Lewis Lumbars, Momo Monte Carlo, Rota Circuit 8's 15" with Toyo T1-S's, Pioneer Premier DEH-P440 with Infiniti Kappas 6 1/2 (doors), Infiniti Kappas 3 1/2 (headrests), some chrome bits, Voodoo.
    "It's not how fast you go, its how little you slow down...but 9.5hp/lb helps!"

Re: hey all

Chuglobal, i see your posts here all the time and would love to run against you. There isn't an Audi owner that does not like WRXs, both are turbo AWD cars (granted looks, cost, fit n' finish are all the issues, but are comparing two similar cars)
    Marietta, GA isn't exactly a stone's throw from Chicago, IL!!!

-Jim

Yo

However w/ a new turbon you can gain highend speed during you hwy drive down here.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Thumbs up

Well, however the story went, it sounds like a sweet kill to me!
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

:)

PlatinumWRX and Chuglobal may be a *tad* away from Chi-town, but that's probably a good thing!

BTW PlatinumWRX i know your supposed to get a big power upgrade this summer, what turbo is it, what are the specs? My understanding is the stock WRX turbo doesn't boost noticeably till 4k...are you moving your powerband even higher? Finally, what bar are you running, and expect to run with the new kit/turbo?

I know there is at least one hopped up WRX in the general area, i want to say i saw a post from someone in Milwaukee? Not sure.

New clutch goes in next week (hopefully) so then i can actually use first gear without fear.

As i may have mentioned, ive been a lurker here for months, just registered when i finally wanted to ask something of someone. If i were in college, id be all over a WRX faster than a A4 on naws

Cheers,
    Sameer
    99.5 A4 1.8T28
    P.E.S. T28 Turbo Kit, Racetec Z-Flo FMIC, 1/8 Test Pipe w/Milltek Exhaust, Vortrag Hypercoil Springs over Bilstein Sports (450lb/500lb), W.O.A. Stage II Clutch, Racetec 4-pt Strut Brace, A.W.E. A Pillar Boost Gauge, Bailey BPV, Valeo E-Codes w/ Phillips 5300K H.I.D., APR Snubbie, Strat cartridge SSK, S4 Vented Wheel Liner, Brembo Rotors w/ Hawk HPS Pads(F)/EBC Greens(R), Denso Iridium IK-22's, Hella Supertones, O.Z. 17" SL's w/ Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's, Alpine CDA-7894, MB Quart QSD 213, Rockford Fosgate 501.1bd, Alpine SWR-1241D, P.P.I. A.400, 35% Llumar Charcoal tint, UUC RKII, RS-4 Grille.
    "Building boost, breakin hearts"

94 Miata C Package (a.k.a. Nougat)
    Flying Miata's FM2 intercooled GT28 turbo kit, Shiv fuel rail, AEM wideband O2, FM turbo exhaust, R.S. Aizawa Slash Intake Lid, KYB AGX's, HDHCDD 4-Point rollbar, FM NA clutch, FM F+R swaybars, Hella E-Code H4 Conversions, CRI Fogs, CRI Air Horns, Lewis Lumbars, Momo Monte Carlo, Rota Circuit 8's 15" with Toyo T1-S's, Pioneer Premier DEH-P440 with Infiniti Kappas 6 1/2 (doors), Infiniti Kappas 3 1/2 (headrests), some chrome bits, Voodoo.
    "It's not how fast you go, its how little you slow down...but 9.5hp/lb helps!"

Re: :)

BTW PlatinumWRX i know your supposed to get a big power upgrade this summer, what turbo is it, what are the specs? My understanding is the stock WRX turbo doesn't boost noticeably till 4k...are you moving your powerband even higher? Finally, what bar are you running, and expect to run with the new kit/turbo?
    I'm getting a VF34 with full exhaust, STi Injectors, and an ECU upgrade. I should run low 12s. Then I might put on a 60 shot to get me into the 11s.

-Jim

Law::My understanding is the stock WRX turbo doesn't boost noticeably till 4k...

not really, i run the stock turbo, and i reach full boost at about 2700 rpm's.
    thats with no boost control, and stock uppipe.

with a simple intake/filter, mbc and catless uppipe, the wrx will hit boost on the TD-04 turbo around 2100 rpms. (perhaps a little less) nice low lag, but with the sacrafice of the 6K+ boost where it falls out of boost slowly to redline.

my buddy is chipping his 1.8T a4. what kind of numbers is he going to get after the dyno-tune? i'm a little nervous.

dR

Originally posted by dark_rex
    with a simple intake/filter, mbc and catless uppipe, the wrx will hit boost on the TD-04 turbo around 2100 rpms. (perhaps a little less) nice low lag, but with the sacrafice of the 6K+ boost where it falls out of boost slowly to redline.

my buddy is chipping his 1.8T a4. what kind of numbers is he going to get after the dyno-tune? i'm a little nervous.

dR
    You'll still stomp him handilly, assuming your wheels are too heavy compared to his.

-Jim

The A4 is definitely a nice car, beautiful fit and finish. I was just admiring a cream-colored one on my way home yesterday. Don't gloat too much Sameer, all that Coffinrocker has to do is drop in a $50 manual boost controller and he'll hang with you all day.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Here's a question...is it easier and more cost effective to mod an A4 than to buy an S4? I have no idea how much mods cost for Audis, and I'm sure mod for a mod an S4 will have better output, but can you get a 1.8T A4 to be as fast an S4 easily?
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Originally posted by Verdugo
    Here's a question...is it easier and more cost effective to mod an A4 than to buy an S4? I have no idea how much mods cost for Audis, and I'm sure mod for a mod an S4 will have better output, but can you get a 1.8T A4 to be as fast an S4 easily?
    Absolutely not, the S4 is A LOT FASTER.

-Jim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.