JDM STI vs E46 M3
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on JDM STI vs E46 M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Tonight me and a friend decided to give it a go. We raced a few times before when I had ...

JDM STI vs E46 M3

Tonight me and a friend decided to give it a go. We raced a few times before when I had my old engine etc, and he would pull me from a roll, he wouldn't run away but it was a brisk walk .

So we head onto I-95, I have no passengers, and he has one of our friends who weighs 195lbs. He also has an exhaust which is suposed to net him about 8whp, so nothing big.

We start the first race from a 3rd gear roll around 65mph. The passenger gives the 3..2...1 and were off. Immediately I pull him and by 4th I have a car on him. We shut down when I got into 5th and he was about a car and a half back and holding his ground. We did a few more pulls like this but from higher up, and it would be close with me pulling as the speed increased.

Then we stopped and had our friend ride with me to see what happens. This time we went from a 2nd gear roll around 40mph. We go and I get the initial surge due to my turbo being spooled. But through each gear we stayed side by side with me ever so slightly pulling.

Next time we will do the run without the difference in weight, that way we can see how it would end up. I still think I will pull him a bit, but not by a lot. When he races stock STI's, they are pretty much equal on the highway, and when I race STI's with catback and intake I pull a bit on them.

Another thing to consider, I baby my tranny, which means don't slam gears, slamming gears = very bad for AWD. He on the other hand can shift really hard because of the RWD. I need to speed up my shifting a bit, because my friend said that he was making up a little ground each time I shifted. So I must shift faster, without being too rough on the tranny.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I know why I'm easy but you have the sti tranny swapped right ? If so are you being easy on it because you are breaking it in or just because ?

Nice kill. It feels good to run the exotics..
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    I know why I'm easy but you have the sti tranny swapped right ? If so are you being easy on it because you are breaking it in or just because ?

Nice kill. It feels good to run the exotics..
    I guess easy is relative. Im not easy, but im not slamming gears, he literally throws it into gears. I've noticed with the AWD, that the rear diff isn't a big fan of that type of shifting.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.