A Z06 and some revenge...Long post.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on A Z06 and some revenge...Long post. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Out and about again tonight. Went to some car meet and fooled around w/a bunch of "fast" hondas...None of them ...

A Z06 and some revenge...Long post.

Out and about again tonight. Went to some car meet and fooled around w/a bunch of "fast" hondas...None of them were fast. So I went to the area I always go and bamn....I see some good killing. It was a silver C5...I tell my girl that I want to eat some vette tonight. So I follow him and dammit....What do I see. The damn Z06 badge....Grrr...Not on race fuel...Only running 21 psi...Have my girl w/me...Not a good scenario....Results are suprising though...He was really cool young guy too... He obliges to a 40mph roll.

We go to the deserted area and we do the 3 honk and we're off. I actually pull on him in 2nd and 3rd is strong but he pulls back up. I go into 4th and he's starting to pull and by 125mph we shug down w/me right off his back bumper. It was the 385hp version not the 405. With my race map and no passengers this would have been a kill story. For now though I'll take the 1 car loss...It was worth it to see where I stand.

Now my sweet revenge...I had posted a little while back that while on my vf22 I ran into an Ls1 w/some mods. He had some sort of re flash, exhaust, ls2 intake something, and a few other little goodies. He at the time placed 2 cars on me and was a **** about it. I saw him and now I chased him down... I ask again if I can try again..He says sure... He wants to go from a stop....uhm stock tranny..NO !...then he's like well a 1st gear roll...So I say ok even know I havent used 1st like this since the new 18g...Im a little nervous...
    1st race: I run from 15mph and bog the 1-2 launch..I bounced off the rev limiter and it was not smooth. I however by 120mph have him by 2 cars...I was sooo excited...He was soo pissed. Now hes like lets go from 60 mph...I say ok.
    2nd race: From 60 Im in 3rd at 4.5 rpm...sweet spot...I immediately pull him and run him to 140+ shutting down up by at least 4 cars...Killed...I loved every minute...Sweet revenge..

He's got work done but he still has an automatic. He has a stall converter too but thats only good from a dig I think...

Overall a good night...I think Im gonna start carrying race gas w/me ....I keep getting caught w/my pants down
    ...sorry for the length...I'll be shorter next time..
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Better yet, install a small 5 gallon tank in your trunk with a remote switch on the dash.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

All you need is an STi tranny man. Your set then.

I heard about the tank thing...I'm gonna look into that..

As far as the tranny, I am looking into gears but no need to spend 7k on a tranny....not in this lifetime. I would just buy the STI at that point...Its like my downpayment.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Nice runs ! I guess I shoudn't bother trying against the Z06's then either huh........

oh well... can't win them all...:P
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

On 25 psi I would have owned him....On 21 w/out the passenger it would have been a little closer...They run though...from a stop no problem but a roll...well ...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

The guy did not know how to drive he should of killed you more.
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

13 sec,

Why did you go with the 18g and not the 20g?

I see that you want to go with the 2.5 block upgrade with a 18g.

If you do the weight to HP ratio, they are at about the same, with the slight avantage going to the Z. If he had raced a 405 HP z then he might of had lost by no more than 3 cars.

I'd like to know what 13secwrx is trapping...must be a sick, sick car man. Good runs.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by Drod
    If you do the weight to HP ratio, they are at about the same, with the slight avantage going to the Z. If he had raced a 405 HP z then he might of had lost by no more than 3 cars.
    hp/weight ratio might be close..but ever think about TQ/weight ratio?
    Last edited by SLOW4EAT; 06-25-2004 at 10:18 AM.

i cant wait to get a z06
    hehe, nice try thou and nice kill on the ls1
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

Originally posted by audirs6
    Where is that do not feed the trolls sign when you need it.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Originally posted by audirs6

.........well, can you please explain this?
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.