cobb stg1 vs Evo on the highway
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on cobb stg1 vs Evo on the highway within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; cobb stg1 vs EVO from a roll = REX puts up a good fight, EVO still came out on top ...

cobb stg1 vs Evo on the highway

cobb stg1 vs EVO from a roll = REX puts up a good fight, EVO still came out on top

Was merging from rt 78 onto the GSP (NJ) coming into the Union toll southbound at like 1:30 AM a few days ago, when I see a quick moving big winged pimp ride rolling in my direction. I accelerate to check out the scene and low and behold it is Blue EVO. I roll through the ez-pass lane and he rolls throught coin lane, I think he doesn't see me but...

I was Wrong, as I see these HIDs coming up quick from behind me and realize he is out for the hunt. Somewhat aware of his intentions, I was rolling in 3rd gear at like 3000, when he stays in the left hand is moving quickly toward me. I see this and I'm game... I was forced to cut right (another car was in my lane) into the 3rd lane. He get the jump on me, as I cut right quickly to get around the car that was in my way, then we are rolling side by side. From about 50 to 100 or so I stayed with him dead even with my bug eyes parallel to his front door panel (remember he stayed in the same lane, I had to do some lane changing). Shortly after shifting in 4th at about 105 or so he starting to crawl away from me getting about 1.5 cars ahead when we shut down at 120 just when we coming up on few cars, otherwise the road was empty.

I assume he was stock and witnessed that his bigger turbo hit hard at 105+, but I was pleased with my death, as I though I would have been killed by many cars lengths the way everyone talks about them...yes he was racing and he was WOT. I was expecting to be murdered like what happened when I ran a C5 vette from 70-110 when I bone stock, then we were talking like 2 bus lengths.

He was cool guy, gave him an flash and thumbs up and kept cruising. The EVO is Nice, but still got love for the REX.

Thumbs up for Cobb. Now it is time for Cobb stage 2...when are the downpipes available, I need one bad!
    05' WRB WRX STi
    former 03' Bugeye owner

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good death. Eagerly awaiting my stage 2 package as well.

As far as downpipes from Cobb go, theyre out. Theyve been out for awhile if thats what youre asking. The uppipe isnt out yet and I sent them an email asking about their uppipe, intake, and stage 3 map development and I should be hearing back from them shortly so Ill let you know what they say as far as release date.
    -Griffin

Ohh, I assume you mean theyre on backorder. That i could not tell you.

yea you stg 2 guys put up a good fight..... i have much respect for you.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Well from what I have read and the info given by some of the Cobb reps on the website, I guess theyre going to offer a fuel pump upgrade as well as a TMIC theyre developing and the boost should be upped for the stage 3 map as well. The tune with the stage 2 package is very conservative so Im thinking the stage 3 map will be a little more aggressive.
    -Griffin

BTW, I hear that they are supposively going to me making maps for other turbos besides the 30 and 34, possibly 1818 and or 20. Could be just a rumor though...

I'd hit that. (Stage 3)
    02 WRX Sedan, Silver ("Bugeye")
    TXS Up-pipe, Turbo-back w/cat, Cobb AccessECU Stage 2.
    97 Legacy Outback, White
    Stock. Very stock.

I'd hit that. (Stage 3)
    Ill second that.

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Where u located in jersey? i think i know the blue evo ur talking about. He is pretty much stock except for bov.
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

Hey Jack,

I'm split between the Newark/Verona/Orange Area, New Brunswick, and Western Monmouth county, so I use the GSP, rt1, 78, TP etc, quite a bit.

If I recall correctly he was an Asian guy with glasses driving the blue EVO w/ a wing

J
    05' WRB WRX STi
    former 03' Bugeye owner

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.