Corvette Encounter - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Corvette Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by chuglobal You make me laugh . We'll everyone wants to go 150+ ( exaggerating ) but you ...

Re: Haha...

Originally posted by chuglobal
    You make me laugh . We'll everyone wants to go 150+ ( exaggerating ) but you get my point. Actually if I had a car that did 0-70 in ummm <3 or 0-100 in like <5 I'd be happy. It can't slow down after 100.
    You have some mighty awesome times. Way to show the doubters that the WRX can easily humiliate cars with way more HP but way less torque.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yo

Thanks. We'll see how I do at the tracks next time ... I need to wait till it gets cooler so maybe I can run "better." I'm hoping for 13.6-13.7 w/ the bike on the roof. I will get a video of it unless the people at the drag strip decide I can't have my bike mounted but they said it should be fine because I asked last time.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Re: Yo

Thanks. We'll see how I do at the tracks next time ... I need to wait till it gets cooler so maybe I can run "better." I'm hoping for 13.6-13.7 w/ the bike on the roof. I will get a video of it unless the people at the drag strip decide I can't have my bike mounted but they said it should be fine because I asked last time.
    Haha, that should be awesome! But why only 13.6? I would figure that even with the extra drag, you should easily be in the low 12s.
    2002 RSX Type S

Sounds like the corvette driver wasn't trying very hard.
    But that is his problem.

Haha...

There is NO way I'm running anywhere past 13.5 ... people w/ the same mods + and UniChip were only running 13.5 thus since I don't have an aftermarket ECU + my car weighs more since I run at the tracks w/ normal driving condition setup ... spare tire, tools, roof rack, etc I'm guesstimating 13.7+/-. People w/ aftermarket turbos, IC, ECU, etc are the ones running 12s.
    Yes you're right ... it's not my problem ... it was the Corvette's problem.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Sam and I both ran 13.40X at SDR when we went last and that was with similar mods as you. I think you'd be around there also.
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

Originally posted by AmSFighter
    Sam and I both ran 13.40X at SDR when we went last and that was with similar mods as you. I think you'd be around there also.
    I'm just really surprised considering the WRX stock is a mid-high 13 second car. I would figure with all your mods you would be at worst in the high 12s.
    2002 RSX Type S

Ummm...

A WRX stock is mid and high 14s. That would be nice w/ a 13.5 however I don't expect it though.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Re: Ummm...

A WRX stock is mid and high 14s. That would be nice w/ a 13.5 however I don't expect it though.
    No, if a WRX was a mid-high 14s car, then there would be no way that a stock WRX could even stay close to a Z28. And yet, these kills have been claimed!

Also, considering that the RSX with I/E is a mid-high 14s car (check out timeslips on ClubRSX), then you are suggesting that an RSX with I/E vs stock WRX is a drivers race. Are you sure you want to make that claim?
    2002 RSX Type S

Yeah ...

On a roll the WRX stock is NOT that powerful ... it's the launch that kills most people. I know a S2000 WILL walk a stock WRX from any speed roll ... my brother and I use to go at it all the time. I'm assuming the RSX Type S is a little slower than a S2000 thus I can "assume" a stock WRX and I/E RSX should be close from a roll.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Re: Yeah ...

On a roll the WRX stock is NOT that powerful ... it's the launch that kills most people. I know a S2000 WILL walk a stock WRX from any speed roll ... my brother and I use to go at it all the time. I'm assuming the RSX Type S is a little slower than a S2000 thus I can "assume" a stock WRX and I/E RSX should be close from a roll.
    Well, your experiences do not seem to be the norm because both here and on ClubRSX, every single stock WRX driver is fairly confident that they have beaten every single stock and modded RSX from a stop and from a roll. I've never seen a single reported case of an RSX (or S2000) beating a stock WRX from a roll.
    2002 RSX Type S

Also ...

You have to remember that when I say I "beat" someone I mean beat them but more than a few feet ... I'm talking about car length(s). When I say the WRX will NOT beat a RSX Type S from a roll ... I mean car lengths not a few feet. When I race someone I expect to "beat" them by car lengthS. In all of my "street" racing that usually how it happends ... 2-4 car lengths is usually what I expect or them beating me by 2-4 car lengths. That's why the M3 going w/ me up to around 60-80 was NOT beating me because he was right beside me the whole time up to 80. The M3 DID beat me when I bogged the launch and he took off because he was like 3-4 car lengths ahead of me.
    2004 STI White/Gold

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.