Weird Mustang Encounter?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Weird Mustang Encounter? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Finally I have another story ... welll driving to work coming up 85N near Jimmy Carter I'm driving along at ...

Weird Mustang Encounter?

Finally I have another story ... welll driving to work coming up 85N near Jimmy Carter I'm driving along at 70mph as usual. Suddenly I hear this rumble noise sounding like a V8 so I look over to my right and I see a new body style Mustang. I figured it was a GT or Cobra but when I looked closer I saw the exhaust coming out of the side rather than the rear ? Funny thing was the guy in the Mustang was already looking at me when I turned to look at him for the first time. Well I figured he wanted to go so I get over two lanes and he automatically follows as planned. I figured it was a Saleen because of the side exhaust but I have no idea. Now I'm on the very left lane and him on the lane right beside me on the right. I slow down to 70mph again and he just sits there. So I down shift and I hear him down shift so I jump on the gas in 3rd at 70mph. Well we were about even for the first ... second ... umm I need a lighter flywheel. Then I kept on the gas till I finsihed 3rd and went into 4th and let the engine brake since I'm doing 100mph+\-.
    Basically I walked on him HARD ... umm like 3+ cars easily. I was surprised since it was starting at 70mph and ending at 100mph? When I let the Mustang finally pass me he wouldn't even look over at me. Also I thought a Saleen would walk on me in the high end. Does any other new Mustangs come factory w/ the side exhaust? The rear bumper did NOT say Saleen like it usually does? Also I saw a dealer tag on the back thus it was probably still a new car. What's the deal w/ new Mustang owners trying to race me? Also which Mustang model could it have been because I don't think it was a Saleen?
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

did it look like this

roush

Yo

Yeah it was something real close to it ... I didn't sit behind it long enough since I was ahead of it most of the time. So which model Mustang is that?
    2004 STI White/Gold

http://www.roushperf.com/mustanghome.htm

If it was a Roush Stage 1 or 2 then it may as well be stock. If it were the Stage 3, you might have had a bit of trouble dealing with that supercharger

Good Kill!

Umm ...

So how much power are they running and at what times?
    2004 STI White/Gold

str
    Hey Chuglobal:

Can I ask how you got your 0-60 times? You should race more people off the line, you'll kill most cars with those numbers.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Re: Umm ...

Originally posted by chuglobal
    So how much power are they running and at what times?
    not really sure... like Schaf said stage 1 & 2 are pretty much stock performance wise, just show. Stage 3 however throws a s-charger on should put out mid 300's hp(just a guess since the new cobra has 390+).

Yo

I use a GTech Pro which Dennis from the S2000 was nice enough to let me barrow over the last few months ... umm since last year. My stock runs were 5.6sec+\- and the last time I ran it back in April was 4.8sec +\-. I usually do race people off the line but haven't had any fun in a while so I decided to go on the hwy. I usually never go on the hwy unless I know the person. What is the stock hp for Mustangs ... 250+?
    2004 STI White/Gold

A girl that I work with drives a Roush Racing Mustang. I'm sure it's probably a stage 1 but I've never talked to her about it. She doesn't take care of it, it looks like crap. What a crime.......
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

perhaps it was a '00 cobra R?
    Edge of The Blade

Originally posted by SobeWRX
    did it look like this

roush
    seems to me that it wouldn't be such a good idea to put the hot exhaust right in front of the drive tires....
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Originally posted by djrez4

seems to me that it wouldn't be such a good idea to put the hot exhaust right in front of the drive tires....
    That's so you don't have to waste gas doing a burnout...

chuglobal, nice kill!

Originally posted by djrez4

many race teams use side exit exhaust, for shorter path and less bends, also the wheel tends to tends to sometimes suck the exhaust right out at high speeds. The heat from this is not a real factor/concern and is really negligable effect since the constant contact between the rubber and the ground, and the brakes supplies a good majority of the heat seen by the components, also at speed there is adequate ventialation to negate if any effect. Plus exhaust is relatively cooler at the end of the system than at the beggining.
    Last edited by Marcolus; 07-25-2002 at 01:09 PM.
    Edge of The Blade

I have an associate (Drexel Alum) that works for Roush. His name is Brian. He says the SC package they have for the F-150 is SICK!!!

-Jim

originally posted by Marcolus
    perhaps it was a '00 cobra R?

an 00 R would have eaten that WRX
    87 lx 5.0
    yeah its stock
    All motor
    Got torque?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.