Weird Mustang Encounter? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Weird Mustang Encounter? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by CarFan but any c5 corvette and most gt stangs will smoke a wrx with his mods, especially ...

Originally posted by CarFan
    but any c5 corvette and most gt stangs will smoke a wrx with his mods, especially while on the highway
    I agree with you when speaking of the C5 vs WRX on the highway, however, you've got the Mustang GT part backwards. It should read like this, "Most WRX's with his mods will smoke a Mustang GT", even on the highway.

Why is this so hard to believe? A stock Mustang GT puts out 260 hp and weighs in at almost 3300lbs. Rich's WRX is probably putting out roughly 260 hp with his mods and weighs in at 3000lbs.

If you don't agree then spend some time searching the forum and you will come across plenty of Mustang GT kills.
    Last edited by Flyboy; 08-08-2002 at 06:56 AM.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Actually ...

I weighed my car before all of my mods and it was 3160 w/ full tank of gas and everything on or in the car. It's 3360 w/ me in the car. However w/ the mods and such I think I'm probably around 3330-3340lbs w/ me in the car and everything also in it. I should be running 265hp+\- however I heard that the WRX gearing is much shorter for "street racing" which I like or I could be wrong. I was hoping to get handed by a Corvette C5 or something last ... because I expect them to hand it to me. Also alot of people can jump on the gas however they have no idea what to do in a fast speed corner. DRAGON runs help.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

OK, maybe you guys are right about the stock mustang gt, but in his story, he made it sound like it had mods, it probably was a v6, so that makes more sense. About the c5s, the only race you should be able to beat a c5 in (with a decent driver) is the 60 ft times. After that he is GONE! 1/4 mi, slalom, lateral g, braking...can't beat a c5 that easily.

Humm ...

Ands, ifs, buts, etc ... I have people to prove it. Actually even better I actually get together w/ people and share races ... no "Well I don't believe it" ... stop doubting and go driving. All it takes is 1 mistake and it's all over especially if you're talking <5sec.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.