Me vs. Supercharged Roush Mustang
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Me vs. Supercharged Roush Mustang within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok... I've been waiting to do this for quite a while now. Someone at work has a Roush Mustang that ...

Me vs. Supercharged Roush Mustang

Ok... I've been waiting to do this for quite a while now. Someone at work has a Roush Mustang that he just supercharged. He's got new headers and a whole bunch of other goodies... about $6000 - $7000 of mods put in so far. He says that he's putting down 370 HP to the wheels (I think). He said that's what he will be putting down when he gets new fuel rails and I'm not quite sure if they were in at the time. Anyway......

So this thing is an absolute beast. I rode in his car with him first to feel it out. This sucker has got power and it is LOUD. It's got an absolutely beautiful sound. So after that ride along, I'm thinking that when we go up against each other, I'm toast. So...

I get in my car and we do the first run from a roll around 30 mph. As expected, he pulls on me almost immediately. We go up to about 90 mph before we let off. By that time he was about a car and a half in front of me. I was pretty proud of my car that it hung in like that! I thought I was going to get completely smoked. We go from a roll again with the same results. Then from a stop....

I get a pretty big jump on him, as expected. I look in my side view mirror to see his tail end fishing out a bit as he's struggles for traction. I'm about a car and a half or so in front of him now and I widen the gap a little. We top out at around 90 mph again with me in front. He hadn't quite reached my rear bumper by this time.

So all in all I was VERY pleased at my cars performance. His car has got huge power and I was surprised at how I hung in there. Lots of fun!!!

Oh, almost forgot... All I've got is a TXS turboback with a Prodrive.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice runs
    Evan
    MY12 WRX Limited hatch - stock, still in break-in
    MY10 Forester Limited
    SOLD - MY03 WRX - PSM; AP Stage 2+up-pipe

awesome job - i love how our cars cant be touched outta the hole because of the AWD (unless facing another awd car)

Originally posted by 2fastwrx3112
    awesome job - i love how our cars cant be touched outta the hole because of the AWD (unless facing another awd car)
    in street trim yes... but stangs with slicks will pull similar 60ft to most rex drivers....

either way, AWD owns in any condition
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

370 WHP seems a bit low to me for $6-7000 in mods on a mustang.

Originally posted by zoinks
    exactly.....

7k in correct mods will put stangs close to the 500whp range...

But he did pay for the Roush name..

Originally posted by zoinks
    But he did pay for the Roush name..
    Roush = overpriced
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

I'll have to ask him again how much money he spent on performance mods only because when he gave me the amount of money he spent, he could have been including the system that he's got in there.

I Support ClubWRX
    He sounds like a great driver "as he fishtails looking for traction" Either way nice kill...The roush is the pimp...but were down on power compared to saleens IMO.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.