WRX vs. STI
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs. STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sorry no race, but wondering at what stage of tune would a WRX equal or surpass a stock STI?...

WRX vs. STI

Sorry no race, but wondering at what stage of tune would a WRX equal or surpass a stock STI?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i believe a stage 3 WRX and a base STI would be a drivers race...

What level do you mean to surpass? In a straight line a stg 4 should do it. If you are talking about doing some turning, there is alot more to it. ie thicker swaybars, better strut +spring or coilover combo. Better tires are a must. Hope that helps.

A tuned stage 2 could probably do it too...If he was pulling 235whp ....I think he would be right there.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

SCC did a comparison of tuner companies trying to beat the STI in a bunch of different tests. Vishnu's car beat it in pretty much everything. It was their Stage 2, which is basically what everyone around here calls a Stage 4 ( TurboXs' Stage 4 = Vishnu's Stage 2). So get a Stage 2/4, upgrade the intercooler, and get some R-compound tires, and you'll be sitting pretty...of course, personally, I'd still rather have the STI.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/ro...s/0308scc_sti/
    -ORW

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    I'll get under there this weekend and see if I can loosen things up and maybe shoot some lube juice up in there.

Oh sht, please don't sig that.

Stg 3.5vs Stock STi

I had an 02 WRx that had an APs DR500 FMIC, Borla Header, TXS catless stealthback, scoobysport muffler, HKS uppipe, and a UTEC tuned to 238WHP/238Wtq. I ran a 13.30@103 with that setup.

My bone stock 05 Sti put down 238WHp and 251 on the same dyno under similar conditions. Don't know what this one runs yet. I am guessing very similar numbers.

I would say it would be a dead heat against my former car in the Sti.

Re: Stg 3.5vs Stock STi

Originally posted by Sever
    I had an 02 WRx that had an APs DR500 FMIC, Borla Header, TXS catless stealthback, scoobysport muffler, HKS uppipe, and a UTEC tuned to 238WHP/238Wtq. I ran a 13.30@103 with that setup.

My bone stock 05 Sti put down 238WHp and 251 on the same dyno under similar conditions. Don't know what this one runs yet. I am guessing very similar numbers.

I would say it would be a dead heat against my former car in the Sti.
    Do you think FMIC and header really helped improve trap speed?

Re: Re: Stg 3.5vs Stock STi

Originally posted by WRXreX
    Do you think FMIC and header really helped improve trap speed?
    Not really because he is still running the stock turbo. The APS 500
    is overkill for the stock turbo and probably not helping too much at all. Now if you slap on a VF22 or bigger on there, then yes it will improve the trap time greatly
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

I think the header and FMIC in combination with the tune I got helped to improve the trap speed. On the dyno I run at a similarly equipped car (TXS STG 3/w aftermarket TMIC) put out 224Whp/231wtq after them tuning it.
    So those items were doing somthing. Was it because of lower intake temps due to the intercooler? Or the header? I don't have that answer.

Re: Re: Re: Stg 3.5vs Stock STi

Originally posted by fastwrx135
    Not really because he is still running the stock turbo. The APS 500
    is overkill for the stock turbo and probably not helping too much at all. Now if you slap on a VF22 or bigger on there, then yes it will improve the trap time greatly

Yeah it is really big for the stock turbo but I was planning on buying a fp18g until the STi bug got me The lag the FMIC added to the car was surprisingly little though.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.