My first loss street loss, courtesy of an old Chevy S-10 Pickup
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My first loss street loss, courtesy of an old Chevy S-10 Pickup within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This black, early 80s S-10 pickup pulls out in front of me, the rumble was awesome. I gave chase for ...

My first loss street loss, courtest of an old Chevy S-10 Pickup

This black, early 80s S-10 pickup pulls out in front of me, the rumble was awesome. I gave chase for about 5 miles and finally caught a light next to him. I said, "Is that thing as fast as it sounds?" Dude says, "It's faster than that thing." I say, "What's it run?" He says, "Eleven forties." Then, without warning, he hits it and I just watched in amusement as his Mickey Thompson Cheater slicks hookup and the truck just tears down New Falls Road. He launched on me, I wasn't ready, so I did my best just to keep him in sight. Damn.

I follow him to the builder's house and ask him to have a look under the hood. He says, "Sure." Before me is no ordinary V8 S-10. It has a C5 Corvette motor, catless exhaust, and NOS. 11.40 in the 1/4 with NO TRACTION.

Simply awesome, I loved every minute of this beating and in a couple of months, I'll be back for my rematch!!!

-Jim
    Last edited by PlatinumWRX; 07-24-2002 at 08:56 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hehe I'd love to see Wrex4Life race that dude it would be some great tyre smoking action

HAHAHA!!! great post Jim, gotta love the almighty power of the redneck swap!! lol There even better when they are in a real beat-up looking POS....talk about sleepers

thanks for yet another 10 seconds of entertainment

This isn't the same S-10 from the other day is it?
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics,whether you win or lose,you're still retarded.

Complaint Department

Originally posted by subaruman
    This isn't the same S-10 from the other day is it?
    NAH, that was a white POS. This was an older, black monster. I knew it was fast, but GODDAM, that thing was a ROCKET!!!!

-Jim

If you ever see that guy again,ask him if he's from Arkansas.It would make sense.
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics,whether you win or lose,you're still retarded.

Complaint Department

How'd that redneck save up enough money to acquire that C5 engine? Git' 'er dun!
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

str
    Who the hell would want to mod up an S-10 pickup? What is the world coming to?
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by str
    Who the hell would want to mod up an S-10 pickup? What is the world coming to?
    Who would suspect an 11 second s-10?

Platinum...

Nice death!!!

Originally posted by Flyboy
    Git' 'er dun! [/B]
    LOL isn't that from "Larry the Cable guy"? Hes on one of those FL radio stations (I grew up in orlando).

Back to topic..

I read about a place that you drop off your s-10 (I still have one it's a '95) and alittle under 5 grand, and in a week you get your s10 back with a chevy small block (pushrod). I could see how it would be fun, but i can barely make the tires hook up with my 4cyl, God only knows what a carburated V8 would do on that chassis... It sounds really fun, but at the same time, you could barely drive it on the street.

-Tim
    '02 Sedan Black (MT)

str
    Ahh, the beauty of all-wheel-drive.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Nice death, Pt. So after your done with all of the planned mods, what do you think you'll be running? Do you think you'll beat him?
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Originally posted by WRXed
    Nice death, Pt. So after your done with all of the planned mods, what do you think you'll be running? Do you think you'll beat him?
    Well, I'm going with either the GReddy kit from TB Racing or the VF34. I'll have the TXS exhaust (It's on the way) and I'll throw in a 60 shot for good measure. Yeah, I'll beat him!

-Jim

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

Well, I'm going with either the GReddy kit from TB Racing or the VF34. I'll have the TXS exhaust (It's on the way) and I'll throw in a 60 shot for good measure. Yeah, I'll beat him!

-Jim
    I was a big fan of greddy kits until I saw how crappy their exhaust manifolds were for the 300zxtt...junk! you could put their exhaust manifolds on a flat surface and none of the flanges would be flat and even against the surface..always had to be ground down by a machine shop to be even, plus they are known for cracking, not impressive. Their turbo setups do kick ass though.

I dont know anything about their kit for the wrx though..got any links you can post about it? I would be leery of being the first few to get one, some feedback on quality might save some headaches.
    Last edited by twinz; 07-25-2002 at 01:04 PM.
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

I just got off the phone with Brad from TB. He's still has no info on the GReddy kit. I'm going to go VF34.

-Jim

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.