JDM STI vs USDM STI

This is a discussion on JDM STI vs USDM STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yet again I got to race an STI, and again it wasn't stock . A friend of mine showed up ...

JDM STI vs USDM STI

Yet again I got to race an STI, and again it wasn't stock .

A friend of mine showed up to my house around 7pm to wake me up , he used his blitz nurspec exhaust to do so .

So we talk for a bit, and they tell me they want to run etc etc. At this moment another friend of mine shows up, now we can have 2 people per car.

I go inside to throw on a shirt and shoes etc, and when I get in the car with the other friend, he tells me the other was talking crap. He was thinking he would pull me due to the 2.5L over my 2.0L yada yada, his butt dyno has issues. He also thinks an evo with a catback and intake will beat an STI with the same mods . I guess he forgot they weigh the same and the STI dyno's almost 25whp more and slightly more torque.

Anyhoo, here are the mods for each of us.

My 04 JDM v.8 STI

-MRT catback exhaust
    -Blitz SUS
    -MRT TMIC
    -TXS RFL BOV
    -Samco turbo inlet hose

His USDM STI

-Blitz SUS
    -Blitz BOV
    -Blitz nurspec catback exhaust

We did a few races from a roll. First we went from 2nd gear, and being the arse he is, he wanted to go from about 30mph in 2nd gear, which is about 3000 rpms, and with the 2.5 he has the clear advantage so he would get the initial jump followed by me closing the gap before 3rd. Grab 4th and im side by side with him and slightly pulling.

Then I made him go from 40mph in 2nd, which put me close to 5k. He gave three honks and got the jump but barely, I quickly reeled him in and in each gear I slightly pulled. In 4th I started to inch away and then we shut down.

We talked afterwards, and his response was "your gearing is shorter blah blah blah" to which I responded "there the exact same, but I redline at 8k" . I also found out why he kept getting the initial jump on me, other then him being the one honking. Right before we would go, he would jab the clutch in with the car in WOT, which is horrid for the tranny . I told him he was being an idiot for doing that just to keep up with me for a sec .

Were gonna do it again, but I told him no more of the clutch jabbing garbage. But I def suprised him and shut him up, yet he still thinks the EVO is faster . I told him I'd race his brother anytime to show him otherwise .

So how much power do you think he is making with his mods. I remember seeing the stock dyno #'s for an STI were 257whp and 266wlb from sport compact car. Im guessing he is anywhere from 270-280 .
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

oooh i think the blitz BOV makes more than the TXS Bov....

jk
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

Originally posted by high on 02C

jk
    Haha, ya he is a blitz fanatic. If it says blitz, it must be the best. I find the exhaust to be annoyingly loud, but then again my BOV is nothing quiet cuz we all know what RFL stands for .
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

Originally posted by high on 02C

jk
    lol..ur funny