Testing my new COBB stg2...

This is a discussion on Testing my new COBB stg2... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Cliffs on bottom. I just finished installing my gutted uppipe, divorced stromung dp, gutted midpipe, and COBB stg2. I'm loving ...

Testing my new COBB stg2...

Cliffs on bottom.

I just finished installing my gutted uppipe, divorced stromung dp, gutted midpipe, and COBB stg2. I'm loving this new found power. Unfortunately both races weren't clean races so I don't really count these as true tests but I thought I'd share anyways. Anyways, on to the 'tests'.

1st Encounter: IS300

I'm driving home after dropping off my girlfriend and I see a lowered IS300 w/ an exhaust up ahead. I give chase and catch up just in time to hit a red light. Unfortunately as we both are slowing down for the light, it turns green. He was probably a full car length ahead of me and then he punches it. I was ready so I punch it in first and pull even with him. I hit 2nd and start to pull pretty good on him. I let up once I shift to 3rd with about 2 car lenghts on him... I figure 60+mph on surface streets is plenty fast.

As I let him pass me up he signals to turn right so I get behind him. I'm thinking he wants to go again. I figured he'd want to pace me for a clean race... I was wrong. He squeals around the corner and hauls ass. Being unprepared for his jump I get on it but I'm already about 3 cars behind by the time I get around the corner. I wind out 2nd but he's going all out and I didn't feel like chasing him on surface streets going 80+mph. I'll let him have that one.

2nd Encounter: SRT-4

I have never raced one of these and I've been wanting to badly. I know they're fast and I wanted to see for myself how fast they really are. I pull out of my neighborhood and across the street pulling out of his neighborhood is a brand new SRT-4, still had it's dealer plates. As luck has it we both get lined up at a light. As I'm sitting there I figure he might not want to race because he might be in the break-in period. So the light turns green and we both roll out of there. I wait.... and then I hear him get on it. I punch it, run out first and go through 2nd. He must not of tried very hard because I pulled on him pretty good. I'll still count it as a win though

So I get behind the neon as he signals right (this sounds familiar). I wanted to note something, the exhaust tone on these cars are mean! He appeared stock but his exhaust at idle was louder than my catless exhaust. Back to the story. I should have figured that this guy was going to do the same thing as the IS300.... once around that corner he was flying. Again, I was already about 2 cars back by the time I got around the corner. These things are fassst... I tried to keep up but I wasn't gaining any ground. I decide 60mph on surface streets is plenty fast... apparently he doesn't because he kept on going. So again, I'll give that one to the opponent.

Cliffs:
    Raced a lowered IS300 w/ exhaust and a SRT-4. I was able to take them from a very low roll-on but wasn't prepared for the next race when they flew around the corner and took off.
    Both races were fun but I didn't feel they were true 'tests'. I guess I should be ready for people to haul ass around corners. I like clean races that are paced... oh well. Maybe next time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice, I was wondering how it would be with stage 2. the srt-4 may have had the mopar exhaust those thangs are crazy and loud, even the stock isnít quiet.

Originally posted by Vektra
    nice, I was wondering how it would be with stage 2. the srt-4 may have had the mopar exhaust those thangs are crazy and loud, even the stock isnít quiet.

that would be because they don't have mufflers to begin with...