Testing my new COBB stg2...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Testing my new COBB stg2... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Cliffs on bottom. I just finished installing my gutted uppipe, divorced stromung dp, gutted midpipe, and COBB stg2. I'm loving ...

Testing my new COBB stg2...

Cliffs on bottom.

I just finished installing my gutted uppipe, divorced stromung dp, gutted midpipe, and COBB stg2. I'm loving this new found power. Unfortunately both races weren't clean races so I don't really count these as true tests but I thought I'd share anyways. Anyways, on to the 'tests'.

1st Encounter: IS300

I'm driving home after dropping off my girlfriend and I see a lowered IS300 w/ an exhaust up ahead. I give chase and catch up just in time to hit a red light. Unfortunately as we both are slowing down for the light, it turns green. He was probably a full car length ahead of me and then he punches it. I was ready so I punch it in first and pull even with him. I hit 2nd and start to pull pretty good on him. I let up once I shift to 3rd with about 2 car lenghts on him... I figure 60+mph on surface streets is plenty fast.

As I let him pass me up he signals to turn right so I get behind him. I'm thinking he wants to go again. I figured he'd want to pace me for a clean race... I was wrong. He squeals around the corner and hauls ass. Being unprepared for his jump I get on it but I'm already about 3 cars behind by the time I get around the corner. I wind out 2nd but he's going all out and I didn't feel like chasing him on surface streets going 80+mph. I'll let him have that one.

2nd Encounter: SRT-4

I have never raced one of these and I've been wanting to badly. I know they're fast and I wanted to see for myself how fast they really are. I pull out of my neighborhood and across the street pulling out of his neighborhood is a brand new SRT-4, still had it's dealer plates. As luck has it we both get lined up at a light. As I'm sitting there I figure he might not want to race because he might be in the break-in period. So the light turns green and we both roll out of there. I wait.... and then I hear him get on it. I punch it, run out first and go through 2nd. He must not of tried very hard because I pulled on him pretty good. I'll still count it as a win though

So I get behind the neon as he signals right (this sounds familiar). I wanted to note something, the exhaust tone on these cars are mean! He appeared stock but his exhaust at idle was louder than my catless exhaust. Back to the story. I should have figured that this guy was going to do the same thing as the IS300.... once around that corner he was flying. Again, I was already about 2 cars back by the time I got around the corner. These things are fassst... I tried to keep up but I wasn't gaining any ground. I decide 60mph on surface streets is plenty fast... apparently he doesn't because he kept on going. So again, I'll give that one to the opponent.

Cliffs:
    Raced a lowered IS300 w/ exhaust and a SRT-4. I was able to take them from a very low roll-on but wasn't prepared for the next race when they flew around the corner and took off.
    Both races were fun but I didn't feel they were true 'tests'. I guess I should be ready for people to haul ass around corners. I like clean races that are paced... oh well. Maybe next time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice, I was wondering how it would be with stage 2. the srt-4 may have had the mopar exhaust those thangs are crazy and loud, even the stock isnít quiet.

Originally posted by Vektra
    nice, I was wondering how it would be with stage 2. the srt-4 may have had the mopar exhaust those thangs are crazy and loud, even the stock isnít quiet.

that would be because they don't have mufflers to begin with...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.