me vs 325i from a roll

This is a discussion on me vs 325i from a roll within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Not really any spectacular story, but a friend of mine kept telling me that he was buying a S2000, and ...

me vs 325i from a roll

Not really any spectacular story, but a friend of mine kept telling me that he was buying a S2000, and as soon as he did, he wanted to race me.

So being a good sport I am like sure whenever you want man. Well as I was sitting on the couch watching a movie, I hear a car pull up with a fairly loud exhaust. I look out the window and see a BMW in my driveway.

So I walk out and sure enough it's him. I just look at him and ask him when Honda made changes to the S2000 body. It looks alot like a BMW. He just laughed, and we got on our way.

We headed to a local highway, that's very very lightly used. Two lanes nothing major, but a great straight away.

I told him before we left a 40 roll, so I put on cruise, dropped it into 2nd, and patiently waited for him to pace me.

I stuck three fingers out the window (number of honks). He got even with me then *Honk honk honk....

By about 70-80 I was at least 3-3 1/2 car lenghts. It was a fun little race. We then came back to my bro-in-law's house. Chatted for a bit, and went on our merry way.

Me 3 - Them 0

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Damn, you are gettin boys. Nice!

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

Good kill!

I ran up against a guy in a 328i who thought he was the shiznit. I bogged off the line and still pulled 2 car lengths ahead, untill some moron pull out in front of me and stopped halfway in my lane after he realized there was no way I could stop in time. Luckily while I was testing my ABS the bimmer continued to accelerate and at the last minute I tucked in behind him.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI

I remember the first month or so of having my car, my friends and I drove to Rhode Island. We left Long Island at 1am, and got to Rhode Island so he could pick up his car (1999 BMW 325i) from his sister's place in Rhode Island, then we would drive back together.

Well, you can imagine how empty the highway was at 4am, so we raced a number of times, me eating him every time.

werd. Nice kill!
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

i've drove a 325i and i must say...i wasn't impressed.
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics