wrx vs 951 turbo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on wrx vs 951 turbo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just had installed my hks exhaust and blitz intake. yet to install the electronic boost controller. got questions on that ...

wrx vs 951 turbo

Just had installed my hks exhaust and blitz intake. yet to install the electronic boost controller. got questions on that so we shall see. played with a porsche 951 turbo. If I am not mistaken they have a few numbers on me still but not by a whole lot. I pull on the freeway and there is a gmc suv and a red car. So I gun it and see what I got for power. I pass the suv. here come this porsche 951 turbo. He pulls in the next lane and comes along side. knows I got some power thinks I dont have much. he leaves so I rev at him he comes back and drop back to see what I have as he had no clue. I still have the wrx symbol on the back. so he pull along side again and stomps on it. his rear ducks down and he is gone a few cars ahead. I was just doing 80. so my exit is comming. I drop it in third pass like 3 or 4 merging cars and it about 90 and the guy thinks I am racing and steps on it. I was only messing around as that area is real close to chp office. so did not want to have trouble just kinda chilled a bit but would have been fun to run him. oh well there is always next time!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry... but that story was kinda hard to follow. I'm still not sure what went on. You're testing your new mods, you see a porsche, you think he wants to race you but maybe not... I think that's where everything starts to fall apart.

You were going 80 and you dropped it into 3rd? I don't know about that... I think I'm a little confused about your story. I still don't even know if you raced the porsche or not...

Originally posted by 03WREX
    Sorry... but that story was kinda hard to follow. I'm still not sure what went on. You're testing your new mods, you see a porsche, you think he wants to race you but maybe not... I think that's where everything starts to fall apart.

You were going 80 and you dropped it into 3rd? I don't know about that... I think I'm a little confused about your story. I still don't even know if you raced the porsche or not...
    What he said!!

Originally posted by 03WREX

Yea what he said
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

ops...

I was just trying the mods and he wanted to race. I was just screwing around trying it out. I was not out to go racing at 100+ near chp office. so I let him go but not before I screwed around with him a bit more. was interested what one put down i hp. looks like he might have say 200 to the ground but thats just aperance for the most part. I could be way off base.

mmmmm hmmmmm...interesting.

Originally posted by 2fastwrx3112
    mmmmm hmmmmm...interesting.
    indeed...

where's the popcorn?

How would you like it. light and crispy or well done

Originally posted by hybrid gti 2
    he might have say 200 to the ground but thats just aperance for the most part. I could be way off base.

You dyno'd his car with your eyes?

Show him what's up next time...
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

so you only have the hks exhaust and intake...is that the axle back or turboback, thx. If he only puts down 200 then im sure it would have been a worthy challenge. But ya, sorry i still dont get the point of your story. You shoulda just lied and been like "ya i smoked the porsche, it was great!" then atleast it would be something worth reading, haha.

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

meow meow meister!!!

ya no doubt! I wanted to run him bad. well from the way he ran I would say he had a bit on me from what I could figure. I got no idea what one of them has for power. Ya just a catback hks and the blitz short ram. now if I was smart and got the godspeed down pipe I would have had some fun! to bad it is a really bad place to race. freeking cops come up that on ramp and the wait on the other on ramps with no warning then there after you. I'd rather keep my record clean for now and me out of jail making my big money if you know what I mean. I know the big P. you beat around it but thats what it is. oh well tattoo it on my forehead or what ever but I'll be at work tomarrow making my 6 figures. not worth risking that to me for 15min of fun.

Talking Mmmm, buttery

Originally posted by cyrilgrey
    where's the popcorn?

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

thats cool!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.