Forester XT vs. 350Z - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Forester XT vs. 350Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Wow. Didn't know this post would turn so ugly. First of all, I drive a station wagon and it is ...

str
    Wow. Didn't know this post would turn so ugly. First of all, I drive a station wagon and it is no 350Z. The Z is a true sports car and can out-brake, and out handle my XT any day of the week. from a roll, there is no question that the Z has the advantage but the Forester isn't necessarliy a slouch. I find the ad kind of humorous, and anyone who knows anything about a XT and a Z knows that it just isn't a true statement to say a Forester would smoke a Z. I love my friends Z. I love looks, the way it handles and the braking in that car is amazing. He has the touring model. Still, I will continue to post any run-ins I have with Z's truthfully.
    2004 Black Forester XT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Naw the post is not turning ugly. Its just the spirit of competition. This is a wrx/subaru board so naturally people will say that the Forrester will win. If you post this on a Z board, you will get the opposite and they will say that the 350Z will win. Just how it is i guess
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
    Porky 350z huh??? Weighs about the same as a corvette, 911 Carrera, NSX and even your next of kin STi.....those are all porky cars too huh???
    He was talking about a car....not YOU. Simma

Yes we all know. The 350z is the god of all cars. It can beat an STi from a dig. It can roast a z06 vette or anything in it's price range. Mentality of the 350z and g35 forums.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Originally posted by ilivas
    Yes we all know. The 350z is the god of all cars. It can beat an STi from a dig. It can roast a z06 vette or anything in it's price range. Mentality of the 350z and g35 forums.
    So are you saying the the wrx/STi is the god of all cars?? I loved my wrx when i had it and i know and respect what an STi can do but for you to make such a comment is wrong. If you think that the mentality of the 350z and g35 forums is arrogant, then same must be said of all wrx/STi forums because its all the same.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

WRX/ STi forums never claim to be the fastest cars. Everyone just uses the statement " I have awd. so ha!!" or the "neon has crap interior" even though ours isn't all that great. WRX owners boast about the total package not the speed. I guess it's all the same principle though.

I never claimed the wrx/STi to be the god of all cars. To be honest, I'm more of an evo fan but it was out of the price range. *lowers head in shame*
    Mods

Originally posted by swipe112
    Yes, but what about the power to weight ratio? I believe all those car are better than the Z...
    The Vette is the only one with a significant power/weight ratio advantage.

STi has 13 more hp, and more weight....whooptie dooo....
    NSX has 3 more hp and nearly the same weight...
    Up until 04 the 911 Carrera had only a 10hp advantage and nearly the same weight.

So you want to play the power/weight ratio game anyway??? If that's what determines a car's "porkyness" then the S2000 is "porkier" than a 350z because of it's lower power/weight ratio.

Funny I don't ever see anyone calling the S2000 "porky".

350Z - 11.0lb/hp
    S2000 - 11.8lb/hp
    03 350Z - intake, test pipes
    Best STOCK E.T. 13.68@102.77mph 2.09 60'
    Best mods E.T. 13.38@103.60mph 1.90 60'

Originally posted by ilivas
    WRX/ STi forums never claim to be the fastest cars. Everyone just uses the statement " I have awd. so ha!!" or the "neon has crap interior" even though ours isn't all that great. WRX owners boast about the total package not the speed. I guess it's all the same principle though.

I never claimed the wrx/STi to be the god of all cars. To be honest, I'm more of an evo fan but it was out of the price range. *lowers head in shame*
    The 350Z/G35 forum members don't say they have the fastest cars either bud. You'll have to go over to supraforums for thinking like that.

str
    I don't think this will end the debate but I got a chance ot race a stock 350Z, not my buddy from work, just some stranger. We went from a dead stop up to about 80mph yesterday. We were lined up at a light and he rolled down his window, asked if I had mods, I told him I was bone stock and he said he was the same. Real cool guy.

The light hit green and I got a real decent launch. All I could hear was his tires spinning. I looked back when I shut down at 80mp and he was about 1 car back. He pulled up next me,gave me the thumbs up and said nice race. I asked him if the wheel spin in first screwed him up and he said, "no not really, your car is just quicker off the line".
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by str
    I don't think this will end the debate but I got a chance ot race a stock 350Z, not my buddy from work, just some stranger. We went from a dead stop up to about 80mph yesterday. We were lined up at a light and he rolled down his window, asked if I had mods, I told him I was bone stock and he said he was the same. Real cool guy.

The light hit green and I got a real decent launch. All I could hear was his tires spinning. I looked back when I shut down at 80mp and he was about 1 car back. He pulled up next me,gave me the thumbs up and said nice race. I asked him if the wheel spin in first screwed him up and he said, "no not really, your car is just quicker off the line".
    nice kill.....the best launches in a stock Z will produce nearly no tire spin at all.

Ike
    I totally agree that they have a chance, but it's not definite "smoking" that some people like to make it out to be. (see false AD)

High 14s from a 350z is a joke....BAD drivers at the tracks I frequent are able to click off low 14s in the car.

My car isn't a factory freak. First of all, I don't dyno high, second, the day I ran my best times and traps there were FOUR other 350z's there, all of them were trapping within 1mph of me but NONE of them were able to break into the 13s because none of them could launch their cars. Third, and finally, I have run two other 350z's on the street....one stock, and we were dead even and another with only cat-back exhaust and he pulled me slowly. No freak here. Give me any stock 6-speed Z (that's not broken) out there and I'll give you a 13 second timeslip in it....it's NOT hard to do.

I'm NOT saying that an FXT can't take out a 350z from a stop here and there (completely driver and conditions dependant). What I'm saying is the supposed "AD" that pokes fun at the Z is a joke since it's false advertising and rediculous to boot.

With EQUAL drivers the Z SHOULD beat an FXT from a stop, and destroy and FXT from a roll....end of story. No family of 5 and a dog can say any different.

And I'll say again as I've said before; if anyone wants to try me I'm game to show an stock FXT what a 350Z can do from a stop or a roll.

If anyone thinks I'm just blowing smoke ask WRX....he and I had a friendly run a few weeks ago and he knows I'm not one to talk on here and not back it up.
    Wow you can be annoying at times... The ad is a joke, poking fun at a small SUV beating the Mag times of a car that most non car people would perceive to be much faster. Lighten up and work on that sense of humor. Take your false advertising case to a Lawyer and he'll laugh you out of his office.

I think in a quarter mile, the forester xt is more likely to hit 13's than a 350z.
    Mods

Originally posted by Ike
    Wow you can be annoying at times... The ad is a joke, poking fun at a small SUV beating the Mag times of a car that most non car people would perceive to be much faster. Lighten up and work on that sense of humor. Take your false advertising case to a Lawyer and he'll laugh you out of his office.
    If I'm annoying then put me on your ignore list.

What's really funny is that the Forester DIDN'T best the Z in mag times....

C&D ran the Z from 0-60 in 5.4 and through the 1/4 in 14.1@101mph

Motor Trend ran the Z 0-60 in 5.3 and through the 1/4 in 13.7@102mph....
    Last edited by BriGuyMax; 06-27-2004 at 03:38 PM.

If I'm annoying then put me on your ignore list.

What's really funny is that the Forester DIDN'T best the Z in mag times....

C&D ran the Z from 0-60 in 5.4 and through the 1/4 in 14.1@101mph

Motor Trend ran the Z 0-60 in 5.3 and through the 1/4 in 13.7@102mph....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast