Forester XT vs. 350Z - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Forester XT vs. 350Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Turbo magazine (august 2004) has an ESX prepped FXT (344hp)in it....

Turbo magazine (august 2004) has an ESX prepped FXT (344hp)in it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Quack
    Turbo magazine (august 2004) has an ESX prepped FXT (344hp)in it.
    I was just about the post about this, that thing is SICK! You see the brake kit? Awesome ride...I have turned on wanting to trade my sedan for a wagon, now I want a XT and put an FP Green on it
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Originally posted by SERacing

I highly doubt Subaru would use that as an actual ad as it is in fact FALSE ADVERTISING. Why don't you scan the Wall Street Journal page with that ad on it and post it here. From all I've seen, that thing is a photochop.

I'd like to see a stock XT trap within 5mph of me or run within a tenth of my E.T.

All the XT has is a launch and short gearing....it traps mid 90s at best and is not capable of taking out a well driven 350z in anything but a 0-40mph run...hell the average 350z probably traps nearly 10mph higher than the average XT.

If any XT in chicago wants to hook up and do some friendly runs to prove my point...I wouldn't mind it at all...and if they could bring 4 passengers and a dog that would make it all the better.
    03 350Z - intake, test pipes
    Best STOCK E.T. 13.68@102.77mph 2.09 60'
    Best mods E.T. 13.38@103.60mph 1.90 60'

FXT from C&D:
    http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=4

0-60: 5.3sec
    1/4: 13.8@97mph

350Z from C&D:
    http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=2
    0-60: 5.4sec
    1/4: 14.1@101mph

and the WSJ ad is real. search for it on google.
    Last edited by Quack; 06-22-2004 at 07:59 PM.

ha. my WRX is slow as hell with four passengers and a dog. Amazing what a few hundred pounds will do.

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
    bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

Don't get your feathers all ruffled
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Quack
    FXT from C&D:
    http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=4

0-60: 5.3sec
    1/4: 13.8@97mph

350Z from C&D:
    http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=2
    0-60: 5.4sec
    1/4: 14.1@101mph

and the WSJ ad is real. search for it on google.
    ah.....mag racing at it's best...

str
    I'v only had a few runs in my Forester with a Z but all I can do is speak from my own experiences. I've hung with every Z I have come across. I've only lined up next to one from a dig once. I almost had a full car length on him by 60mph. He cought up and nearly got dead even with me by about 85mph and we shut down. I don't want to brag, but I fell that I am very good at launching my car and I know exactly when to shift and when not too. Evrey Z I have run has had heavy wheel spin off the line. Don't worry, I will b racing my buddy from work from a dig soon enough. I don't know how fair it will be since he has exhaust work and an intake.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Not only did they WSJ ads poke fun at the porky 350Z, another one was aimed at the Porsche Boxster. I'll get scanned copies of them soon...

-B

ah.....mag racing at it's best...
    I Had to get in on the action The guys on the track with the not so perfect conditions were running 14.2 stock with the manual and high 14s with the auto. On that very same track with the very same conditions.... 350s were running high 14s stock and low 14s with intake and exhaust. I know you'll say that drivers do make a difference and yes they do. But look at the times... they don't lie. Just because your factory freak+ your awesome driving skills runs awesome times... don't stomp on everybody elses dreams . Your car is bad and you are an awesome driver.. no doubt about it. But let the others live in the limelight once in a while.

Sorry briguy if this is coming across as a flame back.. its not. I just wanted to let the others know that " the dream is still alive". The underdogs still have a chance (Forrester) against Goliath (350) Heehee.

And no! I don't want to race you. You'll spank me

Originally posted by Beanboy
    Not only did they WSJ ads poke fun at the porky 350Z, another one was aimed at the Porsche Boxster. I'll get scanned copies of them soon...

-B
    Porky 350z huh??? Weighs about the same as a corvette, 911 Carrera, NSX and even your next of kin STi.....those are all porky cars too huh???

Originally posted by wrxinfx
    I Had to get in on the action The guys on the track with the not so perfect conditions were running 14.2 stock with the manual and high 14s with the auto. On that very same track with the very same conditions.... 350s were running high 14s stock and low 14s with intake and exhaust. I know you'll say that drivers do make a difference and yes they do. But look at the times... they don't lie. Just because your factory freak+ your awesome driving skills runs awesome times... don't stomp on everybody elses dreams . Your car is bad and you are an awesome driver.. no doubt about it. But let the others live in the limelight once in a while.

Sorry briguy if this is coming across as a flame back.. its not. I just wanted to let the others know that " the dream is still alive". The underdogs still have a chance (Forrester) against Goliath (350) Heehee.

And no! I don't want to race you. You'll spank me
    I totally agree that they have a chance, but it's not definite "smoking" that some people like to make it out to be. (see false AD)

High 14s from a 350z is a joke....BAD drivers at the tracks I frequent are able to click off low 14s in the car.

My car isn't a factory freak. First of all, I don't dyno high, second, the day I ran my best times and traps there were FOUR other 350z's there, all of them were trapping within 1mph of me but NONE of them were able to break into the 13s because none of them could launch their cars. Third, and finally, I have run two other 350z's on the street....one stock, and we were dead even and another with only cat-back exhaust and he pulled me slowly. No freak here. Give me any stock 6-speed Z (that's not broken) out there and I'll give you a 13 second timeslip in it....it's NOT hard to do.

I'm NOT saying that an FXT can't take out a 350z from a stop here and there (completely driver and conditions dependant). What I'm saying is the supposed "AD" that pokes fun at the Z is a joke since it's false advertising and rediculous to boot.

With EQUAL drivers the Z SHOULD beat an FXT from a stop, and destroy and FXT from a roll....end of story. No family of 5 and a dog can say any different.

And I'll say again as I've said before; if anyone wants to try me I'm game to show an stock FXT what a 350Z can do from a stop or a roll.

If anyone thinks I'm just blowing smoke ask WRX....he and I had a friendly run a few weeks ago and he knows I'm not one to talk on here and not back it up.

I totally agree that they have a chance, but it's not definite "smoking" that some people like to make it out to be. (see false AD)

High 14s from a 350z is a joke....BAD drivers at the tracks I frequent are able to click off low 14s in the car.

My car isn't a factory freak. With EQUAL drivers the Z SHOULD beat an FXT from a stop, and destroy and FXT from a roll....end of story. No family of 5 and a dog can say any different.

And I'll say again as I've said before; if anyone wants to try me I'm game to show an stock FXT what a 350Z can do from a stop or a roll.

If anyone thinks I'm just blowing smoke ask WRX....he and I had a friendly run a few weeks ago and he knows I'm not one to talk on here and not back it up.
    Wow, didn't mean to offend you man But I wouldn't go to the track where these guys ran and tell them that their times are jokes. You know what'll happen.

Just for your info.. and not bragging... i'm a shirty driver and clicked off a 13.5 with my stock STI. Took me a hell of a lot of tries but i did. Then I ran a 11.5 and a high 10 the next day. Too bad it wasn't in my STI wore my helmet though.

This is a pointless arguement. Think of the turbo Forrester as being a wrx because thats what it is. Now if you pit a stock wrx (or Forrester in this case) vs. a stock 350z, its gonna be a drivers race from a dig. Forresters are CAPABLE of high 13's-low 14's as is the 350Z if driven properly. Now if we are talking from a roll, the 350Z will eat up the Forrester and anybody who says otherwise is just going through denial.

Bottomline when it comes to 1/4mile times between these two cars---------------->ITS A DRIVERS RACE
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

I'd rather have higher trap speed over faster 1/4 time time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast