raced a supra, short though
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on raced a supra, short though within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; it was a nice looking supra to, had a exhaust atleast, and nice rims, he also had a passenger. it ...

raced a supra, short though

it was a nice looking supra to, had a exhaust atleast, and nice rims, he also had a passenger. it was off a right turn, and he was beside me, and he punched it, i punched it right after because i anticipated it. he started pulling, untill he shifted, it seemed real early, i was still in first, and i was ahead of him by a lil by 50 maybe, where we had to shut down because of the red light.
    im real suprised i had him, it was at night, so im only guessing the speed, but is this right, supras are supposed to bevery quick, it was the latest one too...i made my ground when he shifted though. sorry for the long post
    2004 WR Blue WRX Auto with CBE.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: raced a supra, short though

Originally posted by bmms8
    it was a nice looking supra to, had a exhaust atleast, and nice rims, he also had a passenger. it was off a right turn, and he was beside me, and he punched it, i punched it right after because i anticipated it. he started pulling, untill he shifted, it seemed real early, i was still in first, and i was ahead of him by a lil by 50 maybe, where we had to shut down because of the red light.
    im real suprised i had him, it was at night, so im only guessing the speed, but is this right, supras are supposed to bevery quick, it was the latest one too...i made my ground when he shifted though. sorry for the long post
    you were racing an N/A supra

yea it had to be a non turbo'd supra...cuz if it was a TT you prolly would had got roasted
    -03 WR Blue WRX - -Cobb Stage 2 w/Uppipe and Intake-

or maybe he was lagging

lol...i don't think he was lagging. If you notice in his story, he said that it seemed like the Supra shifted early which he probably did. He probably wasn't racing. If the Supra was turbo'd, he would of gotten killed. If it was NA then he might have a chance
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

yea, im sure it was na, maybe he didnt shift early, its just that my car shifter into 2nd later than he did, we started from a 15 mph role probably, but when he shifted, he chirped his tires, so i know he was shifting hard. but then again he had big rims, and a passenger.

Originally posted by bmms8
    yea, im sure it was na, maybe he didnt shift early, its just that my car shifter into 2nd later than he did, we started from a 15 mph role probably, but when he shifted, he chirped his tires, so i know he was shifting hard. but then again he had big rims, and a passenger.
    are you stock? if you are, maybe you jsut dreamed :P
    Fadi....
    04' WRX, Stage 4 with fmic R.I.P
    05' WRX STI, 325whp 346wtq @17psi
    MODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Enough of the bloody titties show.

a supra turbo from a roll, even lightly modded with a half compitant driver would walk a stage 4 rex. it doesnt take much to make tose things into MONSTERS. You were racing a NA supra.
    You wanna shoot? shoot. Dont talk!

no i wasnt dreaming it was na, lets get that clear, lol. im sure if it was longer, it would have been better, but it wasnt

I hate Supras. they make that nice sound of turbos spooling and can make 700 plus hp on stock internals.!! As for Na Supras.... anyone know how fast they run stock.???

so guys i was in barrington and this 16 yr old kid pulls up next to the line of cars at the light that im rolling with.... about 5 srt4s and 4 spec Vs, AND MY REX... heres the convo

him: anyone wanna run
    me:not tonight
    him:scared
    me:yup
    him:whose the fastest
    Me:i am, but im auto and running stock boost.......total lie(19 lbs, full catless turbo back plus uppipe)*and a gripping 4300 braketorque launch)on 104 octane, get fuel cut with out it....dont flame have an actuator problem)
    him:auto is the way to go
    me:smart man chose the auto over the 6speed
    him:hell no i was ****ing with you
    me:auto is better whyd you get stick
    his gf: cuz toyota made it like that dumbass
    me:eeee a smart talking little ****.......dude its green

now we stay at the light. i rev up, we both take off. i wasnt expecting him to hit it but he did. i stay a car in front till about 85 then he cuts off gets behind me, and yells cops....funny thing was no cops around, he just books into a side road. im thinking he wasnt on it. so we get back to gurnee and my friend in his srt4 is liek dude we lost you on the highway. see i dont speed after my october bust if i dont need to.... then i was trying to tell him about the saleen with exhaust yadayada that i raced on 94 . he cut me off and was like frick that that supra run was great. i asked him a million times if he was really on it oh he was he told me......and it was a turbo...hks carbon ti cat back and hks ssq from what i could hear and see......please flame ill have times on friday to prove that with a great tranny snapping launch you can achieve good times with only full exhaust

Oh yeah, that's why I haven't been in this section for a year. Thanks for reminding me guys, I'll be on my way now.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

Originally posted by chevyeater
    Oh yeah, that's why I haven't been in this section for a year. Thanks for reminding me guys, I'll be on my way now.
    You took the words right out of my mouth. Time to go now.

Jimbo
    2003 PSM Wagon - VF34; STi 565cc Injectors; ScoobySport turboback with Prodrive muffler; STi catless uppipe; Cobb AccessPort; Samco IC hoses; 17" Steel Gray Rota Attacks with Sumitomo HTR ZIIs; Prodrive springs, sedan rear sway

Originally posted by chevyeater
    ^^

RASR.
    FS: 02 WRX with JDM V7 RA-C

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.