I went down hard, but it was sooo worth it...SL55 rocks - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on I went down hard, but it was sooo worth it...SL55 rocks within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by bmms8 thats true that might be to expensive for MB also, but the C&D article supposedly had ...

Originally posted by bmms8
    thats true that might be to expensive for MB also, but the C&D article supposedly had a tuned car, im not sure how much of this is true or not, but a lot of ppl at mbworld.org say its not true. another thing is that with 600 HP, the 65 wont get any traction off the line, so 0-60 wont be impressive. i would rather have a 65 over a 55 though
    True. I do remember a lot of people complaining about that on random message forums as well as in the letters to the editor in a later issue of C&D. But even though the SL65 is going to have unimaginable torque, I'm sure that Mercedes and AMG will consider the launch traction thing. Maybe they'll have something similar to the Ferrari Enzo ECU's launch program that helps regulate the engine's output from a stop to help control wheelspin and to get good sprints from a standstill.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by DeeezNuuuts83
    True. I do remember a lot of people complaining about that on random message forums as well as in the letters to the editor in a later issue of C&D. But even though the SL65 is going to have unimaginable torque, I'm sure that Mercedes and AMG will consider the launch traction thing. Maybe they'll have something similar to the Ferrari Enzo ECU's launch program that helps regulate the engine's output from a stop to help control wheelspin and to get good sprints from a standstill.
    yea, they do have that, thier ESP system, which is thier traction control. the CL65 i saw had no wheel spin on wet pavement, but it does cut power a lot!! but im sure with really nice tires, the 65's cn have decent 0-60 runs with esp off, btw, where are you in socal?
    2004 WR Blue WRX Auto with CBE.

Originally posted by bmms8
    where are you in socal?
    Irvine... I'm a student at UCI

Originally posted by BobbyD
    Altho the e55 is nice, a wrx does not need 20k in engine work to beat it. In fact, a well tuned wrx running a fp green with around 400 at the wheels will be enough to beat an e55. Now of course, im not sure how long a wrx block will last with 400 at the wheels, or how long the tranny will last, but people have done it. Of course i would still rather take an e55, but if someone wants to throw a couple grand into the wrx to beat e55's and vipers, it can be done.

-BobbyD
    At a guess I'd say the tranny will last 1 launch.

*EDIT* STi 6-speed tranny swap would help.

have been dying to find an SL55 with someone young enough and willing to race me out here since I got the Roush, I got your 4.5 0-60 right here beotch The E55 is listed at 4.3 which is what I have been running on average, that would be a sweet race but I know I am not going to find anyone that young driving one unless I head into LA.

You'll lose, they have teh Auto and teh traction control, so the 0-60 times are easilly repeatable. Plus you cannot look @ 0-60 times as much as the 0-100, which is right where the SL pulls away from you no matter how good a launch you get.

They run a 12.5 @ 115 Stock, that is fast......
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

Originally posted by Evilevo8
    Plus you cannot look @ 0-60 times as much as the 0-100, which is right where the SL pulls away from you no matter how good a launch you get.
    Pulls away from me? I think not. The SL55 0-100 is listed at 10.9 and I just tested the Roush today and I got a 10.5 0-100, its listed at 10.6 You forget that the SL is a freakin boat, my Roush is 1,000 pounds lighter!!

um, I think this WRX would probably give that e55 a run for his money
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails side open.jpg  
    Last edited by ero2; 07-14-2004 at 01:04 AM.
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

here's a list of his mods, you guys probably already know this guy, but I was ****in amazed when I saw this car

EJ22 closed deck block
    EJ25 crank
    Iron Bigger Bore Sleeves
    Custom Forged Rods
    JE Forged Pistons
    ARP Head Studs
    Heads done by DPR
    Fully ported and polished heads
    STI valvesprings and retainers
    STI tgv housings
    PE 800 cc injectors
    Perrin Fuel Rails (Custom Fuel Lines, Perrin lines are way too small)
    Aeroquip Lines and Fittings
    GT SPEC Turbo Manifold (Ceramic Coated)
    Custom Up Pipe (Ceramic Coated)
    Garrett TO4R Turbo (Ceramic Coated)
    Tial 40 mm wastegate
    Tial 50 mm BOV
    Dual Walbro 255 Fuel Pumps
    Speedmonkee Radiator
    Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
    Autometer Fuel Pressure Gauge
    Perrin Radiator Hoses
    Custom Air/Water Intercooler made by me (Ceramic Coated)
    Custom 3.5 gallon Water Tank made by me ( Ceramic Coated)
    Custom Heat exchanger made by me
    Meziere 20GPM Water Pump
    4 Inch Custom Intake with 4 inch K&N
    3 Inch Custom Stainless Downpipe
    Greddy Boost Controller
    Blitz DC Gauges
    Blitz Turbo Timer
    Moroso Battery Dissconnect
    Moroso Radiator Overflow
    Russell 1200 GPH Fuel Filter
    Taylor Battery Box
    Autronic Sm2 ECU
    Automatic Conversion
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

Pulls away from me? I think not. The SL55 0-100 is listed at 10.9 and I just tested the Roush today and I got a 10.5 0-100, its listed at 10.6 You forget that the SL is a freakin boat, my Roush is 1,000 pounds lighter!!

10.5 Vs. 10.6 are you kidding? Your splitting hairs, and I doubt you can be as consistant as their Autos. 10.5 is 10.6 and you can't say one will pull away. Again I say the E55 will get you up top, of course if the 155MPH limiter is disabled, they do 186MPH.

SL is a Boat, but it has a great engine and a Better transmission and are pretty areo-dynamic for their size.
    Will be the only one
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

10.5 Vs. 10.6 are you kidding? Your splitting hairs, and I doubt you can be as consistant as their Autos. 10.5 is 10.6 and you can't say one will pull away. Again I say the E55 will get you up top, of course if the 155MPH limiter is disabled, they do 186MPH.

SL is a Boat, but it has a great engine and a Better transmission and are pretty areo-dynamic for their size.
    thats true how you mentioned aerodynamics because the E-class is one of the most aerodynamic cars on the road, i believe there are only 3-5 cars that are more aerodynamic, like the lexus LS, S-class, and im sure a couple more, but other than that, its right there.

and thats true about the 10.6, you cant run that over and over, the SL can.

Ya, I know all that. I am just saying there is no way in hell the SL55 "pulls away from me", I bet you anything I can keep right with it if not beat it. The E55 with a great driver would most likely beat me, but not by much, maybe half a length.

Originally posted by EVOVIII
    Ya, I know all that. I am just saying there is no way in hell the SL55 "pulls away from me", I bet you anything I can keep right with it if not beat it. The E55 with a great driver would most likely beat me, but not by much, maybe half a length.
    you dont need to be a great driver with an auto, all the E55 driver has to do is floor his car, and thats really all. it would be close, and im sure with a ok launch, you will pull away some of the times. im not saying your car is slow, sure beats the hell out of my auto

You know whats funny is that I havent had to "launch" the car once yet, thats how you get wheel spin and hop and how you can lose to a fast car. I have just been taking off quick but not winding up the rpms and I have flatened all 6 of the car I have raced.

So this Mustang is the SC'd SOHC right? Its a GT motor worked by Roush right? Does it have different internals or iz it just breathed on? Trapping @ 114 is Z06 territory, go race on from a roll, that would be good.

How does the Roush handle?
    Will be the only one
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

So this Mustang is the SC'd SOHC right? Its a GT motor worked by Roush right? Does it have different internals or iz it just breathed on? Trapping @ 114 is Z06 territory, go race on from a roll, that would be good.

How does the Roush handle?
    Yes to all. As I said, that time in my sig is my best and the closest I have come since is 4.5 and 12.7@110, maybe I had some nice wind blowing my way on that best run It handles amazingly well for RWD American muscle, I can take turns just about as fast as I did in my Evo without any of the I am not sure if the Roush shares every engine part with the GT, but I think it may.
    Last edited by EVOVIII; 07-15-2004 at 11:30 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123