I went down hard, but it was sooo worth it...SL55 rocks - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on I went down hard, but it was sooo worth it...SL55 rocks within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 13 secwrx you are putting 340 to the wheels a stock e55 puts 410-430 to the wheels there is no ...

13 secwrx
    you are putting 340 to the wheels a stock e55 puts 410-430 to the wheels there is no way a wrx can keep up unless he puts a good 20 grand just on engine work alone
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by audirs6
    13 secwrx
    you are putting 340 to the wheels a stock e55 puts 410-430 to the wheels there is no way a wrx can keep up unless he puts a good 20 grand just on engine work alone
    Altho the e55 is nice, a wrx does not need 20k in engine work to beat it. In fact, a well tuned wrx running a fp green with around 400 at the wheels will be enough to beat an e55. Now of course, im not sure how long a wrx block will last with 400 at the wheels, or how long the tranny will last, but people have done it. Of course i would still rather take an e55, but if someone wants to throw a couple grand into the wrx to beat e55's and vipers, it can be done.

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

And yes the e55 will be safer, and more reliable..but whats the fun in that...The face on the owner of the e55 of you race and win would be priceless...You would not have to put 20k into it either..
    Maybe 10k...

stock sti block $1200
    Fp green $1300
    Gears $3000
    Stage 4 bolt ons $4000

= 9500.....thats should do it...that should get you 400awp...or at least close to it...The e55 weighs a ton more. If I can get to around 370whp I whould be able to take a stock one...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Don't forget that the E55 AMG weighs over 1000 pounds more then tehh WRX, it does have plenty torque to get it moving though.

FP Green is an exotic killer, that is for sure....
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

Also you guys are forgetting one thing. No matter how much the E55 cost already there is a chip and a pully that will make them trap at like 121 mph and its only a few grand for that mod. To make a wrx to keep up with that you would have to make a diff car.
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!

Family:
    15.3@90.5 Stock

My dad has an 03 s55 amg. they are beast off the line and even more beast at higher speeds. Very very fun to kill high end sports cars in a luxury sedan. We are taking our fleet of cars to the track soon...gonna be very fun.

E55

I was riding on my bike going down the highway around 75 when I see in front of me a MB cutting in and out of traffic. I speed up and get next to it and it's a e55. The funny thing it was a woman probably in her mid 60's just haulin. Definatley a funny sight.

You know what pisses me off. When i come up on an AMG and a old lady is driving 55 mph in the left lane

some people shouldnt be driving these things. its like S600 most S600 owners dot even know whats under there hood they are driven around anyway.
    I bet the driver knows (thats probably a good job to drive some rich guy in a maybach )
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!

Family:
    15.3@90.5 Stock

Re: I went down hard, but it was sooo worth it...SL55 rocks

Originally posted by Kwyjibo
    I was pulling out of a 7-11 last night when I saw an SL55 fly by. All black, black wheels with chrome lip, and at least an exhaust. No plates yet.
    I doubt he had an aftermarket exhaust, the stock SL55 tailpipes do have that aftermarket look though and they sound MEAN, even when just coasting. I was walking to my friend's car in a parking lot and I heard what I thought might be an old musclecar, and when I turned around it was an SL55. Just wait until the SL65s hit the streets.

SL65's are overpriced. they are just going to be a lot more rare than a SL55, or any other AMG. since there is so much power, they cant get off the line, and can only show theyre real power on the freeway, but that isnt a bad thing. if anyone watches Top Gear, watch the July 11th episode, they test out the CL65, youll know what i mean
    2004 WR Blue WRX Auto with CBE.

Originally posted by bmms8
    SL65's are overpriced. they are just going to be a lot more rare than a SL55, or any other AMG. since there is so much power, they cant get off the line, and can only show theyre real power on the freeway, but that isnt a bad thing. if anyone watches Top Gear, watch the July 11th episode, they test out the CL65, youll know what i mean
    I think it'll be overpriced for a Mercedes-Benz, but not overpriced for what you get, much like how some people think a $30,000+ STi pricetag is ridiculous for a Subaru, even though you get every penny's worth in performance. I think it'll be a speed demon with ridiculous acceleration from a standstill or from a high speed roll. The SL600 (493 hp, 590 lb.-ft) did an 11.8-second quarter-mile in Car & Driver, so you figure the SL65 (600+ hp, 700+ lb.-ft) should at least be capable of still kicking out ETs well into the 11s. Most high-end exotics in that price range and beyond can't even do that, and this car still has all the luxurious conveniences you'd expect. But whatever, SL500 or SL65, I won't have the money to buy either of them anytime soon. Unless my girl does Playboy soon.

SL65 is nuts. It's something like 420tq at 1000rpm, 612tq at 1500rpm, then you get the full 738 ft-lbs from 2000-4000rpm

this car makes more tq at idle then most cars do through their entire power band.

Originally posted by Kwyjibo
    this car makes more tq at idle then most cars do through their entire power band.
    Ironically, the guys who drive these cars make more money in one year than we do in our entire lives.

I have been dying to find an SL55 with someone young enough and willing to race me out here since I got the Roush, I got your 4.5 0-60 right here beotch The E55 is listed at 4.3 which is what I have been running on average, that would be a sweet race but I know I am not going to find anyone that young driving one unless I head into LA.

Originally posted by DeeezNuuuts83
    I think it'll be overpriced for a Mercedes-Benz, but not overpriced for what you get, much like how some people think a $30,000+ STi pricetag is ridiculous for a Subaru, even though you get every penny's worth in performance. I think it'll be a speed demon with ridiculous acceleration from a standstill or from a high speed roll. The SL600 (493 hp, 590 lb.-ft) did an 11.8-second quarter-mile in Car & Driver, so you figure the SL65 (600+ hp, 700+ lb.-ft) should at least be capable of still kicking out ETs well into the 11s. Most high-end exotics in that price range and beyond can't even do that, and this car still has all the luxurious conveniences you'd expect. But whatever, SL500 or SL65, I won't have the money to buy either of them anytime soon. Unless my girl does Playboy soon.
    thats true that might be to expensive for MB also, but the C&D article supposedly had a tuned car, im not sure how much of this is true or not, but a lot of ppl at mbworld.org say its not true. another thing is that with 600 HP, the 65 wont get any traction off the line, so 0-60 wont be impressive. i would rather have a 65 over a 55 though
    2004 WR Blue WRX Auto with CBE.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast