IS300 Encounter - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on IS300 Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ah! ok never mind I was wrong. seems more luxury then perfomance. +k little pricy for the hp in my ...

ah! ok never mind I was wrong. seems more luxury then perfomance. $30+k little pricy for the hp in my book.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

oh nonononono you guys are confusing the IS300 with the SC300, yeah the sc300 is a 3.0 liter inline 6, sc400 (just for reference) is a 4.7(?) liter v-8

the IS300 is has the latest generation 3SGE (use to be in the 2nd generation MR2s), not sure on the exact power rating but i know its the only 3sge with VVTi on both the intake and exhaust

*edit: apparently the 2004 is an inline-6, which apparently is new... the old IS300s had the inline-4s

I always thought that the usdm is300 came with inline 6s and that the jdm altezza is the one with the inline 4. Then again I could be wrong

Originally posted by bibiri-kun
    I always thought that the usdm is300 came with inline 6s and that the jdm altezza is the one with the inline 4. Then again I could be wrong
    no, just got it backwards... if the is300 in the US came with the 2jz, no one would say its slow... unforunately it IS slow...BEAMS 3sge engine is still a good one though, just needs a lighter chassis

The USDM IS300's come with a 2jz-ge engine. This engine is an Inline-6. It is not quite a supra engine due to a difference in valve train and various other amenities that make a 2jz-gte, which is the Supra Inline-6 Twin Turbo.

HJC
    The USDM version of the Japanese Altezza is the Lexus IS300 which has ALWAYS had the 3.0L I6. The V6 was in the ES300. The upcoming "IS" revision will have a 3.3 V6.

The is300 has a 2jz-ge motor, same as in the non-turbo supras. They come with 215 hp and cost around 30G's. Nice cars, they are overweight and underpowered, but since it does have the supra engine, some people have put down 600-1000hp with the turbo kits available today.
    1993 Subaru Impreza
    160,000 miles and still rollin

My last sport compact car mag has a turbo one in it. Says they put down 170-180 at the wheels stock. Not sure about the weight but from a roll they should be close to a stock wrx.

The IS300 has always had the NA Supra motor (close to it) here in the states.

Yo

I think the IS300 looks nice but not for 30K+. It's funny how the stereotype of the punks drive the IS300 to spoil the car's image. I respect all cars and races until the drive gives an attitude.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.