11 second STi - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 11 second STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by yayitzian i quit goin to the runs after 11th grade in 2001. i've been back once or ...

Originally posted by yayitzian
    i quit goin to the runs after 11th grade in 2001. i've been back once or twice since then, and it's changed a lot. lots of randoms and still the same old slow car with a few decently fast cars. If i go, im never taking my car again.

Impound not for me
    Agreed. Impound not for me or my car.

Signed,
    Charlie

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

MAGIC 8 BALL, Will DownSTI's friend of a friend's friend race the dark blue 9 second camero with NOS, Slicks, and glow stick streamers?!?!?!

I'm giving my magic 8 ball a shake right now....

Here's what it says for the future:

A race will never take place, but lots of "my homies" and "I r so fast wtf!?" posts will follow.

I hate when it doesnt give a yes or no answer

Rob

Please ignore this and continue internet fighting....
    2004 Silver WRX.
    TurboXS TBE with Prodrive Muffler - Godspeed Uppipe - UTEC - TUNA W/B - Steel Grey Rota Downshifts - VF35 - Pinks

**sniff sniff** You smell that? Thats some As someone already pointed out correctly, a supercharged SS running nitrous is a 10 second car and would destroy just about anything in its path. Your "homie" who runs 11's beat him by a length? Put down the crack pipe and go find another forum filled with 16 year olds who might actually believe your fables.

wats the fastest sti in us?
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

As I thought, this kid is full of ****!! The fastest STi in North America is 600 hp and runs a 12.1

11 second STi my ass, this is from Ultimateracing.com

STi Stage 3 Results!
    Our Stage 3 STi achieved record breaking numbers finishing the quarter-mile with 12.142 @ 113.09 mph making it the fastest and quickest STi in North America!

Actually... there is a wrx that ran an 8.93.

you can see the video at www.esxmotorsports.com
    2004 Silver WRX.
    TurboXS TBE with Prodrive Muffler - Godspeed Uppipe - UTEC - TUNA W/B - Steel Grey Rota Downshifts - VF35 - Pinks

Originally posted by mball
    As I thought, this kid is full of ****!! The fastest STi in North America is 600 hp and runs a 12.1
    What crack are you smoking? lol. The Stage 3 Ultimate Racing STi makes no where near 600hp.

Try:

STi Stage 3 Dyno @ 14psi
    Max HP: 319.2 whp Max Torque: 282.2 ft. lbs

(Taken from: http://www.ultimate-racing.com/Produ...S-Stage3.shtml)

There are STi's here making more power than that. I'm actually surprised they got such a low ET with only 319hp/282tq.

Actually, I just checked and they ran the 12.1 at 15psi on pump gas, which is still incredible and seems crazy.
    Last edited by Digitalfiend; 07-19-2004 at 08:10 PM.

Originally posted by dosage0
    Actually... there is a wrx that ran an 8.93.

you can see the video at www.esxmotorsports.com
    #1 Its actually a 9.9 he ran, not an 8.9 and #2, look at the info on that upgrade, its a completley new engine they put in there for $31K...we are talking about a stock engine. You could do a motor swap in a Pinto and run 9's

#1 Its actually a 9.9 he ran, not an 8.9 and #2, look at the info on that upgrade, its a completley new engine they put in there for $31K...we are talking about a stock engine. You could do a motor swap in a Pinto and run 9's
    9.6 for esx. 8.9 for the aussies.

STi Stage 3 Results!
    Our Stage 3 STi achieved record breaking numbers finishing the quarter-mile with 12.142 @ 113.09 mph making it the fastest and quickest STi in North America!
    check out dizastical's time Dyno Results STI With VF22 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice claims but I dont believe anyones reported runs without a timeslip to prove it. Way too many people full of on the net.

STi Stage 3 Results!
    you dumb ass put an fp green, boost at 28psi and you'll see some nice #'s
    Last edited by WRXout; 07-19-2004 at 09:06 PM.
    Fadi....
    04' WRX, Stage 4 with fmic R.I.P
    05' WRX STI, 325whp 346wtq @17psi
    MODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Enough of the bloody titties show.

Nice claims but I dont believe anyones reported runs without a timeslip to prove it. Way too many people full of on the net.
    hey mball............. I don't think this sti will even dip into the 11's. not enough hp to pull it down the track...........

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ht=turboxs+sti

click and doubt it

Who cares what it does hooked up to a Dyno, lets see some timeslips of it from the track. HP doesnt mean that much man, thats why a 190 hp Lotus Elise can run 0-60 in 4.4 seconds.

Okay just for reference on the LS1's. I race tons and tons of them so I know my place with them, and I have many friends with LS1's.

LS1 AT, (M6 you usually add about 2-4mph but cut off a little et):
    Stock - 13.40s @ 104-106mph
    Lid and catback - 13.10-13.20 @ 105-107mph
    Full exhaust and lid - 12.90s @ 107-108mph.
    At this point is where the LS1 usually will get tires because anymore power at this level will just result in wheelspin. Tires will cut ETs by as much as .4-.5sec.

With tires (DR's):
    Cam w/bolt ons - 12.00-12.60s @ 110-114mph depending on how aggressive the cam is. With slicks it could be a 11sec car.
    Heads/cam bolt ons - 11.40-12.00 @ 115-120mph
    again, slicks will be faster.

Now just add gas.
    100shot - .5-.7 faster ET, 4-6mph faster.
    150shot - .6-1.00 full second faster et, up to 8-10mph gain.

Supercharger? Yeah I'm going to stop there and let you guys figure it out. Of course, the gains are not linear. You just don't slap everything on there and run 9's.

It depends on your setup. If you have a heads/cam package with a nitrous cam, then of course you're not going to be running those times on motor alone. But on the gas is where your car will shine. Same goes for the Supercharger.

The last blown and gassed LS1 that I knew went 9.80s @ 133mph on ET streets.

The most common setup here in Houston with M6 LS1's is cam and bolt ons, trapping around 115-118mph, heads/cam bolt ons trapping anywhere from 119-123mph. Bolt on gas cars will usually trap 117-118mph, and just plain on bolt on cars will go around 108-112mph.

They don't play around.

So when you say the guy was on full slicks, with a supercharger and nitrous, unless he's retarded and just likes to dump 40k into his ride for reason, he was not running high 11s. If I had the guess, even if the guy had a ****ty tune, it was a car that would make 125 traps without even thinking. There is no STi has has trapped that, and I don't think any street WRX has either.

Wally
    If anything's worth doing.. it's worth doing right.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.