STI vs 1 quick 350z - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on STI vs 1 quick 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; you kids race to much....

you kids race to much.
    Basically a Cobb Stage 2+lots of extras

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey thanks. I might buy a used 350z and just play around with it. Prob wont boost it. I like how the N/A exaust sounds.

Well Yesterday I went to nissan. They had a pre-owned Track model Z with 7300 miles on it. I was so impressed with the car i bought it. I still have no clue on what mods I'll do. Anyone know what Intake, header, cams, and Ecu will drop the qaurter mile to?

Damn people around here are changing their cars faster than their oil. Congrats on the Z. Did you trade in the STI?

I had my ass handed to me by a modded Z (not sure what he had but definitely exhaust) in my stock SRT-4. We went up to 120 and he slowly walked me the whole time. It looked sweet too had custom wheels...but I was suprised at how fast it was!

Wow I didnt realize how well Z's respond to mods. I have no real ref to comparison because most of them here are owned by older women or white haired guys. Same with RX8's strangely. Any how, how quick are they in stock form? I had originally thought they where low 14 sec cars, now im hearing mid 13's....is this correct? 350Z stock v. WRX stock, smoked REX or drivers race?
    '04 Impreza WRX - WRB/Gold

Drivers race to around 80-90mph..stock vs stock z owns after that.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    Also remember that z weighs 400 lbs more...it makes a diff.

A 240whp wrx is = to maybe a 280-300whp z...
    Z's (depending on the model) weigh right around 3200lbs....

I just looked up the WRX 5MT curb weight and it comes in @ 3085lbs...

What kind of math did you use to get a 400lb weight difference?????
    Last edited by BriGuyMax; 07-21-2004 at 06:23 PM.
    03 350Z - intake, test pipes
    Best STOCK E.T. 13.68@102.77mph 2.09 60'
    Best mods E.T. 13.38@103.60mph 1.90 60'

Most of the models weight 3400lbs...I just recently found out that some other ones weigh a little over 3200lbs..IN that case...oooops my bad.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    Most of the models weight 3400lbs...I just recently found out that some other ones weigh a little over 3200lbs..IN that case...oooops my bad.
    Let me break it down for you....NONE of the coupe models weigh anywhere near 3400lbs....the variation between all the models is only 50lbs.

These are the COUPE weights (the roadsters weigh about 3400lbs)
    Base model - 3188lbs
    Enthusiast - 3197lbs
    Performance - 3217lbs
    Touring - 3247lbs
    Track - 3225lbs

As you can see....NONE of the models weigh anywhere near 3400lbs...or even 3300lbs for that matter.

Just for reference...my HEAVY touring model weighed in @ 3160lbs at the track without me in it minus the spare, jack and with a 1/4 tank of fuel.

If you don't believe me...look them up.
    03 350Z - intake, test pipes
    Best STOCK E.T. 13.68@102.77mph 2.09 60'
    Best mods E.T. 13.38@103.60mph 1.90 60'

Huh....good to know.

THanks.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

i thought about getting a Z, but all that changed after i drove one. then later after having owned my WRX for a while, I got to sample a supercharged one... I later jumped into my car and as soon as I got on the gas, I thought to myself, "i'm glad i got the WRX". at the time all i had was exhaust and a reflash... now its no contest and I've only spent about as much as a supercharger woulda cost me for the Z. (and no where near what a turbo kit costs) On top of that, I paid much less for the WRX.

i still like the Z, but honestly i'd probably get a GTO, EVO, or even an STi. (which i dont like) the Z is slowest of the bunch and probably only outhandles the GTO, but the Z is the bling. the styling screams out "Japanese Supercar" like the previous Z's, and it looks right at home next to a Supra, RX-7, or even a Skyline GTR. (my car looks silly next to my friends Z) the thought of a blinged out, even more aerodynamic, big cammed, all motor, track tuned Z is nice... base or enthusiast model only though cuz I hate the VDC. (i like the G35 more, but they all have VDC)

As for the bench racing in this thread... its worthless. Even the 1/4 mile times put down by the guy with the Z are worthless. Go drive the cars and you'll get a feel of what its capable of. Go race these cars at the same track on the same day with the same driver who is proficient at driving both equally and you'll have a semi-accurate comparison. The guy with the Z quoting 1/4 mile times for superchargers and turbochargers is also a bit inaccurate. I can quote the APS Z running nearly 11's, but I'd like to see someone here do that... especially on CA 91 octane.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

I may be in the minority here, but I thought the previous 300ZX Turbo was a more impressive car. Classic looks, ahead of it's time, Twin Turbos, responded well to mods. I saw one on the road today and they still look great and are quite rare.

I was a little disapointed when the new one came out, and while the performance is decent, it's only about as good as the last model. It just didn't have the same edge as the previous Z. It certainly is impressive that they got near the same amount of performance from a larger displacement NA motor, but without the turbos you don't get the modability factor or an engine that was specifically designed for boost. Buying a Z and then purchasing a TT kit, the associated parts, tuning, etc seems like a lot of extra bucks. Anyone know how much all that would cost from experience?
    Last edited by garrettjj; 09-07-2005 at 06:45 PM.
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

Quote Originally Posted by garrettjj
    I may be in the minority here, but I thought the previous 300ZX Turbo was a more impressive car. Classic looks, ahead of it's time, Twin Turbos, responded well to mods. I saw one on the road today and they still look great and are quite rare.

I was a little disapointed when the new one came out, and while the performance is decent, it's only about as good as the last model. It just didn't have the same edge as the previous Z. It certainly is impressive that they got near the same amount of performance from a larger displacement NA motor, but without the turbos you don't get the modability factor or an engine that was specifically designed for boost. Buying a Z and then purchasing a TT kit, the associated parts, tuning, etc seems like a lot of extra bucks. Anyone know how much all that would cost from experience?
    +1, definately a step down for Nissan. the 300zx TT is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by garrettjj

no you're in the majority. the 300ZX TT will make more than the 350Z with turbo kit with a few bolt ons.

the greddy turbo kit is somewhere like $7000. you just need an exhaust, clutch, and better tires really... and tuning. Probably under $10,000. Only issue is the car's reliability is greatly decreased.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.