ran a modded STi - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on ran a modded STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by BriGuyMax Northbound on 53 (after 290 ends) right north of woodfield. It was a black STi with ...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ran a modded STi

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
    Northbound on 53 (after 290 ends) right north of woodfield. It was a black STi with an Asian guy driving it.

Was the 350Z with the TT kit white???
    13.0 is pretty slow for a turbo 350Z.

Yep it was White (cream). Asian Guy driving with his crew. The owner went to a club and his cousin took out the 350z. Very nice setup too bad it needs a good TUNE.

I never seen an asian guy in a blk STI at our meets. The blk sti i know of is driven by a H.S. White Kid.

Come out to Schaumburg to the meet. I like to see all type of cars there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ran a modded STi

Originally posted by xmen
    Yep it was White (cream). Asian Guy driving with his crew. The owner went to a club and his cousin took out the 350z. Very nice setup too bad it needs a good TUNE.

I never seen an asian guy in a blk STI at our meets. The blk sti i know of is driven by a H.S. White Kid.

Come out to Schaumburg to the meet. I like to see all type of cars there.
    Yea...I've seen that car before....when it was blown up @ UltimateZ...he's running the stock kit's boost which is only around 5psi...and with a very conservative tune the car probably barely eeks out over 300whp...

When and where is the Schaumburg meet??? I usually drop by the hooters parking lot to see if my buddy can bait any LS1s into running his big turbo DSM...but didn't know of an actual meet.
    03 350Z - intake, test pipes
    Best STOCK E.T. 13.68@102.77mph 2.09 60'
    Best mods E.T. 13.38@103.60mph 1.90 60'

TTT

Did we ever get a video out of this?
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

I just love the part where he didn't want to race you from a dig, even though he was such a bragger about his fast car.

My car is much faster than yours, but I don't want to race from a dig because awd has an advantage. What about the advantage a fwd car has from a roll over an awd car that also weighs more?

Thats why 95% of SRT-4 videos and kills are from a roll. Very few of them are from a dig.

But it was great that you had more than enough to smoke him from a roll ( where he thought he was the king)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ran a modded STi

Originally posted by xmen
    WHERE was the Race? Thursday is the day of our Weekly meet. WHat color STI? SILVER?

There is usually around 5-7 STI that comes out the Schaumburg every thursday and you probably caught one of them.

Yesterday a 350Z Rolled out to Borders in Schaumburg at the weekly meet. It had the Greddy Twin Turbo Kit on.

It was also on its second motor. Emanage and 1800 in seats and PHAT Rims.

His best 1/4 ET was 13.0 Flat. WTF i thought they were faster? The car is nice and have alot of $$$ into the car.
    Yea he might have ran a 13.0 in the 1/4. Traction is a big thing specially in a RWD car.
    His trap speed is prolly pretty impressive, and its prolly higher than modded sti's with dp and exhaust.
    Z33

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123