ran a modded STi - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on ran a modded STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by BriGuyMax VERY well driven STi's can MAYBE hit a 13 flat on a perfect day. Average 350z's ...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ran a modded STi

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
    VERY well driven STi's can MAYBE hit a 13 flat on a perfect day.

Average 350z's run 14.0....

Don't go comparing the fastest times of one car to the by far average of another.

compare apples to apples...

I trap just about what a stock STi traps...therefore a run from a roll is VERY close.
    relax....i thought i was comparing expected times with a good driver. I dont play that good driver gets this and a bad driver gets that. Too many variables in that game. What should the car run...i use those numbers.
    Last edited by matty088; 06-18-2004 at 07:00 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ran a modded STi

Originally posted by matty088
    relax....i thought i was comparing expected times with a good driver. I dont play that good driver gets this and a bad driver gets that. Too many variables in that game. What should the car run...i use those numbers.
    1/4 mile E.T. is completely irrelevant in a roll-on race on the highway, so it doesn't really matter in this situation....but what you did was what a lot of people do..you compared expected time with a good driver for one car and an average to crappy for the other.

BTW, completely OT...but I enjoyed the vids of you running the STi's....you have a pretty quick RX-7.
    03 350Z - intake, test pipes
    Best STOCK E.T. 13.68@102.77mph 2.09 60'
    Best mods E.T. 13.38@103.60mph 1.90 60'

Stock vs Stock - From a roll a 350z and an STi are a very close match. I ran a few of them when I was stock. From a dig the race was over at 60mph with me ahead by 2-3 cars. But from a roll its basically who is the better driver and who gets the jump.

But a mildly modded STi (Turbo back exhaust and Utec) should walk a 350z pretty good. I walked a G35 Coupe by about 3 cars from a 2nd gear roll up to 90mph or so with my current setup.

I consider myself a pretty good driver (1.66 - 1.79 sec 60' times)

I ran
    13.0 @ 104 mph with full turbo back catless exhaust
    12.8 @ 105 mph with exhaust and intake, mbc 16 psi

With exhaust and utec - no times yet but I expect 12.6 @ 107 mph or so.

But these times are a little faster than the average STi owner but slower than some. I talked to a guy the other day that has an STi (full exhaust) and he has been running mid 13s @ 101 mph in the South Florida summer heat and humidity.
    My times were done in March with better conditons 70-80 degree

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ran a modded STi

1/4 mile E.T. is completely irrelevant in a roll-on race on the highway, so it doesn't really matter in this situation....but what you did was what a lot of people do..you compared expected time with a good driver for one car and an average to crappy for the other.

BTW, completely OT...but I enjoyed the vids of you running the STi's....you have a pretty quick RX-7.
    should be runnign an o3 cobra with intake and exhaust either tonioght or this weekend some time....will keep u poosted should be damn close....whoeevr wins will only be by a ccar max....i would suspect that we would need to take it to 145mph to declare a real winner....no?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ran a modded STi

WHERE was the Race? Thursday is the day of our Weekly meet. WHat color STI? SILVER?

There is usually around 5-7 STI that comes out the Schaumburg every thursday and you probably caught one of them.

Yesterday a 350Z Rolled out to Borders in Schaumburg at the weekly meet. It had the Greddy Twin Turbo Kit on.

It was also on its second motor. Emanage and 1800 in seats and PHAT Rims.

His best 1/4 ET was 13.0 Flat. WTF i thought they were faster? The car is nice and have alot of $$$ into the car.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ran a modded STi

Originally posted by xmen
    WHERE was the Race? Thursday is the day of our Weekly meet. WHat color STI? SILVER?

There is usually around 5-7 STI that comes out the Schaumburg every thursday and you probably caught one of them.

Yesterday a 350Z Rolled out to Borders in Schaumburg at the weekly meet. It had the Greddy Twin Turbo Kit on.

His best 1/4 ET was 13.0 Flat. WTF i thought they were faster? The car is nice and have alot of $$$ into the car.
    must have had a conservative tune on his car. I frequent the 350Z boards and it looke like the greddy kits puts down a minimum of 350whp. There is one owner over there that has somewhere north of 400rwhp I think.. Very impressive, considering
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

when did the Z show up? i left at 10:45 or so...and didnt see any TT Z.

which car was yours, xmen?
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

I was talking to you about your FMIC. I had the SilverSTI and my wife had the Java Wagon.

The turbo 350 and 2 other supratt came about 11:15-11:30 pm. We were the last to leave when they shut the lights down at midnight.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ran a modded STi

VERY well driven STi's can MAYBE hit a 13 flat on a perfect day.

Average 350z's run 14.0....

Don't go comparing the fastest times of one car to the by far average of another.
    there are many bone stock STi's in the high 12s.

he didn't have a DP or boost control, or you'd have been hamburger.

dR

Originally posted by dark_rex

dR
    Owning an STI and having seen them at the strip i will say for every stock 12's Sec STI there are 5 Low 14's Sec STI.

Some Drivers suk and Some cars are just slow. I'll say the average times for a stock STI is 13.5-13.7 More likely than

13.0-13.5

Just my opinion. ANd Yes I only Ran 13.5 STOCK.

Most STi's I see run about 13.0-13.3. I have seen some bone stock STi's in the 12's too.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

cars arent slow..its usually the driver...i was at a local track LACR and i saw people running 15's with more mods than i have..they just couldn't launch ..a bunch of them used to own honda's and sh!t..go figure....a guy had d/p u/p stage 2 chip (i forgot what type) and he was running low 15's at 4000 ft sea level..retards

edit: these were wrx's....2 sti's..one was breaking 13.7-13.9...other was breaking 13.4-13.7 ..both bone stock....of course at 4000 foot above sea level u can take about .4 seconds off those times 2 figure out actual times

Originally posted by matty088
    should be runnign an o3 cobra with intake and exhaust either tonioght or this weekend some time....will keep u poosted should be damn close....whoeevr wins will only be by a ccar max....i would suspect that we would need to take it to 145mph to declare a real winner....no?
    It will be pretty close....I'm betting you'll edge him out if he doesn't have a pully swap.

Northbound on 53 (after 290 ends) right north of woodfield. It was a black STi with an Asian guy driving it.

Was the 350Z with the TT kit white???
    13.0 is pretty slow for a turbo 350Z.

Originally posted by dark_rex

dR
    ah speculation is great isn't it???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.