Raced a CLK430

This is a discussion on Raced a CLK430 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This was in Denver, down I-25, the main highway, around 11:45ish, not much traffic. I had lined up next to ...

Raced a CLK430

This was in Denver, down I-25, the main highway, around 11:45ish, not much traffic. I had lined up next to the guy at a light and got on the throttle cause I had to change lanes to get on the highway. I saw the CLK changes lanes behind me and it looked like he wanted to play. We got on the highway and ended up doing about 4 runs, each from 60-70ish. I dropped it into 3rd and started to walk him each time, even pulling in 4th. I'm not sure what kind of times these cars have but they were fun runs. The passenger put his window down and was yelling at me "that little car is fasssst". Damn skippy. The CLK looked pretty pimp though, he had chrome 19's or 20's on it, black with black tint. Yeah, my car was faster but I wouldn't mind tooling around in one of those.
    Vishnu Stage 0
    SBC-iD
    TurboXS turbo-back w/Prodrive sounds
    Stoptech Stage 2 kit

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not too surprised you were able to pull in fourth. Turbo cars have a huge advantage at altitude since they can compensate for the lighter air. N/A cars lose 1 to 1.5 seconds in the QM at 5800' verses less than .5 second for a turbo car.

Jimbo
    2003 PSM Wagon - VF34; STi 565cc Injectors; ScoobySport turboback with Prodrive muffler; STi catless uppipe; Cobb AccessPort; Samco IC hoses; 17" Steel Gray Rota Attacks with Sumitomo HTR ZIIs; Prodrive springs, sedan rear sway

good kill.. i love the clk430's i thought they were pretty fast though. Maybe it was the 20's on it that really slowed it down. I think they have a v8 too.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME