"Low Intentions" car club... should be called "Slow Intentions"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on "Low Intentions" car club... should be called "Slow Intentions" within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well maybe it's not that bad, but none of them own anything faster than a mid-14s car. Here's the story: ...

"Low Intentions" car club... should be called "Slow Intentions"

Well maybe it's not that bad, but none of them own anything faster than a mid-14s car.

Here's the story:
    I'm rolling down to the gas station to fuel up for my trip to Atco on Sunday. I pull in the station at the end of my street and there's Chris Nelson and some other "kids" hanging out with their "Low Intentions" car club sticker on the back windows. Chris acts like he doesn't know who I am when he knows perfectly well who I am.

They are all blowing me off until I roll away from the pump and say out the window, "So, are any of these cars actually fast? Yeah, that worked like a charm.

Soon I have some idiot in a supercharged POS S-10 saying he only races for titles. Like a want a POS S-10. I whip out my wallet and pull out five twenties. I say, "I've got a hundred bucks, how about that?"
    They start to grumble and discuss. I say, "You talk it over, I'm going to go tie my shoes." I tie my shoes on the curb and walk back over. I say, "No takers, how about $20." Still no one.

Finally, the only cool guy in the group says he'll race me for fun in his 90-something Corrado, bone stock with 94k, original clutch.

We race on Business Rt 1 for a little over a 1/4, I let him launch before I do and I destroy him by about five car lengths. We roll back to the gas station. He said he ground second because his clutch sucks. I told him he should get his clutch replaced then.

Chris says to give him six months and he'll race me. I said the only way he'll beat me in six months is if I stop modding now and that I have no intentions of doing that.

So goes my first full scale effort to build my reputation as a street monster. BTW, don't try this at home.

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Go Jim! Way to lay the smack down!
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    "So, are any of these cars actually fast?"

Originally posted by bedabi

ROFL! thats GREAT
    '02 Sedan Black (MT)

Originally posted by bedabi
    Eastwood rocks. I was just light-headed from laughing so hard!

-Jim

These guys better watch out. If you do a little pokin' around through the forums, you'll see that Jim is about to buy a new turbocharger, a TXS stealth exhaust, and who knows what else.

Jim is your signature still accurate?
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Originally posted by Bask Oner
    Jim is your signature still accurate?
    As of right this very second, yes. I am looking into the new GReddy kit or a VF34. Like I said, if I stopped modding NOW, Chris might be able to make his 98 Eclipse GS faster, but I would have to stop RIGHT NOW and unfortunately for him, I've got BIG plans or my car this summer.

-Jim

The fact that you've got "Corrado" written down the side of your car. And the fact that I've got "WRX two point O" written on the side of mine, should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence.
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

gryphon,

In keeping with the "Snatch" theme, well done. The funny part is, the only one that truly appreciated how fast the WRX is was the only one that was willing to race me.

-Jim

str
    That's great. I don't think I would ever have the balls to bet money on a race. Eastwood rocks.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

I've got BIG plans or my car this summer.

-Jim
    Me too! Teins are coming soon and then vf34/sti injectors/walbro pump/MRT tmic and a nice long drive up to TurboXS for custom Stage4 tuning the unichip. Hope to be all done by end of september. Keep us posted on what you do for a turbo upgrade..vf34 seems to be the way to go from everthing i am reading, gotta love the quick spool of the BB turbo.
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

race for titles...

Great story btw...
    One of the guys said he races for titles, but wouldn't race for a buck? I think he told you the lie in hopes you would get scared. Whatta monkey.

Some guy in a GSR was rev'ing at me when I was going through the intersections, but when I caught up to him and he heard a combination of the back firing catless txs exhaust and the BOV, he changed his mind and walked away with his tail between his legs...
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

A lot of these dudes talk-the-talk, but never ever walk-the-walk. Wussies.

After I get my VF34 or other turbo, I'll race that dude with S10. I can always offer to sell it back to him for a couple hundred bucks.

-Jim

Way to represent Jim!

Since we're on The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly theme, BLONNNNDIIIIIEEE!
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

******s are everywhere... Even in Bucks County, PA.

What is this world comming to?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast