stg 4 vs srt 4 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on stg 4 vs srt 4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah, totally stock with a radio, floormats, and a full trim on 94 octane. And all season tires (not stock ...

Yeah, totally stock with a radio, floormats, and a full trim on 94 octane. And all season tires (not stock potenza's). I ran a 13.239@101. Since then I have put some aftermarket on the car (see sig) and havnt had the chance to hit the trck yet. But I am hoping for a mid 12.

Nick
    Hummer Open Top
    Dodge Viper ACR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    You have no point, that's what I'm trying to say. To say a car isn't fast because you haven't physically witnessed it is very irrational, especially in a forum that contains folks from across the world, get it?
    Did I say there weren't any fast SRT-4's?

Learn some reading comprehension before you accuse me of being irrational.
    /:

Originally posted by White Out
    I respect the numbers those things put down. But I do not respect them.

Nick

"At the end of the day, your still in a neon."
    Its just weird to hear that coming from an Impreza owner I guess.

None of us drive these super luxury cars or even sports cars really...so it seems so aloof to hear someone say something like that about a Neon. Maybe its just me...I drive a Civic on crack so
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

where's that link to the lemon's list for 04. where the impreza was number 1 and the neon like 3rd from the bottom. something like 25k vs 5k. just funny when people think neon's arn't quailty built. i admit the first gen's were junk. but what do you exspect from the first few years of a brand new car. some people need to step off there high horse of quailty and get back to reality where driving a neon isn't a bad thing. and the jokes of the impreza's pasing the neon's as ther broke on the side of ther road can be reversed. not bashing anycar, just stating my opinion. but at the end of the we both drive ecnobox's with a lil more pep.

*flame suit on*
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Originally posted by FACTION
    Did I say there weren't any fast SRT-4's?

Learn some reading comprehension before you accuse me of being irrational.
    SRT-4's are slow.
    Learn to read your past comments. If that comment wasn't irrational, then it was pretty stupid. Sorry, wrong choice of words .
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    Learn to read your past comments. If that comment wasn't irrational, then it was pretty stupid. Sorry, wrong choice of words .
    Read my comments? How about you read them before you call me ignorant and stupid?

SRT-4's are slow.
    I further went on to clarify my statement here :

All the SRT-4's here are not fast. The fastest one here at the track ran a 13.7 with slicks! :lol:

FWIW
    and here...

Yeah it is.

I understand that there are some fast ones, but they are not here. And the ones that talk all the noize about how fast they are on the......
    And a little more here....

For the 3rd and final time, THERE ARE NO SRT-4's here in the 12's. Get it? I dont care if there are where you are or you read about them somewhere in a magazine.

They aint here! Thats my point.

Way to take my 1st post out of context. Like I said before, reading comprehension, you should try it sometime.

I am done with this. ****ing nutswing all you want off SRT-4's.
    /:

If they weren't FWD, I'd prob. have one. Looks be damned, they're awesome cars!!!. I know I'm like the 3409852059 person to say this, but Dodge hit a major home run w/ this car and it's evident in how well it's doing w/ aftermarket/enthusiasts tuners.

I don't mind losing to them on the street/strip. I expect it!

I dont understand how some of you can say SRT-4's are slow. It took me basically 500$ in mods to barelly edge out a STOCK 2004 SRT-4. Now granted, the race was from a roll, but regardless, those cars pack a punch. If Dodge offered an awd version of the SRT-4, at a reasonable price, I would love to have that car. Simply put, i believe its engine and tranny can both handle much more abuse than the wrx's. And i think the cars look really good, from the front. The backside of them is horrid, but the front looks mean!!

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

I am not talking about the cars reliability, or where it came from. The one major fault that I know about with the neon's is the headgasket dosnt last very long. I dont respect any car that is a neon, focus, civic, or caviler for that matter. The SRT puts down some very nice 1/4 mile timeslips down (read above). Thats about it. But, with street conditions (no slicks, no track compound, no race fuel, lower boost settings, without weight reduction) that 11sec timeslip would be closer to a 12. Example: the day that I ran my 13.2 another WRX owner was at the track and running next to me all day long. If we are on the street she can't keep up. For those that drive the car: How is the torque steer? Do you find the seats confining?
    The aspect of it just being an Impreza. A stock Impreza is a better car than a stock neon. 1st, it cost's more (neon 12ish stock vs. Imp 15ish), and has more features stock. 2nd, AWD. 3rd, it is a safer vehicle.
    Sorry to all you neon lovers, but I dont like the SRT4. That is why I went with the STi. You like the SRT and that is why you bought it/support it. I will once again state: They have great 1/4 mile times for how much money they cost. But it takes more than a timeslip to impress me.

Nick
    Hummer Open Top
    Dodge Viper ACR

Originally posted by White Out
    I am not talking about the cars reliability, or where it came from. The one major fault that I know about with the neon's is the headgasket dosnt last very long. I dont respect any car that is a neon, focus, civic, or caviler for that matter. The SRT puts down some very nice 1/4 mile timeslips down (read above). Thats about it. But, with street conditions (no slicks, no track compound, no race fuel, lower boost settings, without weight reduction) that 11sec timeslip would be closer to a 12. Example: the day that I ran my 13.2 another WRX owner was at the track and running next to me all day long. If we are on the street she can't keep up. For those that drive the car: How is the torque steer? Do you find the seats confining?
    The aspect of it just being an Impreza. A stock Impreza is a better car than a stock neon. 1st, it cost's more (neon 12ish stock vs. Imp 15ish), and has more features stock. 2nd, AWD. 3rd, it is a safer vehicle.
    Sorry to all you neon lovers, but I dont like the SRT4. That is why I went with the STi. You like the SRT and that is why you bought it/support it. I will once again state: They have great 1/4 mile times for how much money they cost. But it takes more than a timeslip to impress me.

Nick

headgaskets being bad are a long gone, things of the past that was fixed by 98.

tq steer in a 03 is terrible but 04 with lsd is fine if you just hold on to the wheels with both hands.

you can get 2 seats, viper sytled or reg lowback to which ever fits your needs.

didn't know a higher cost made a car better

impreza does has a few minor pieces different. (rear power windows) and awd but that's why it's 3g's more

and there is saftey is just about equal. sorry i don't have the pages for prood but i have read the ratings from jd power and such and both are very similar.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

All the SRT-4's here are not fast. The fastest one here at the track ran a 13.7 with slicks! :lol:

They like to talk about how fast they are but when it comes down to it they arent that fast at all. Around here their mouths are faster than there cars.

FWIW

That's funny... I know a guy in California who pulled that in a 7th Gen Celica GT-S with I/H/E/PowerFC/DRs.

Of course, that run broke the record... no N/A 7th Gen Celi has ever pulled a time that fast.

If I didn't need an AWD vehicle because of where I live, I'd jump all over an SRT-4.
    Chris

1999 Integra LS

AIM: Aracheon

BobbyD.. thought you sold your car? Nice glamor shot btw..

TardCart
    2004 Silver WRX.
    TurboXS TBE with Prodrive Muffler - Godspeed Uppipe - UTEC - TUNA W/B - Steel Grey Rota Downshifts - VF35 - Pinks

Originally posted by dosage0
    BobbyD.. thought you sold your car? Nice glamor shot btw..

TardCart
    Hey don't be hating on my glamour shot tard, aka "Dont hate me cause im beautiful!" lol. I finally played some continuum yesterday, but you were nowhere to be found! But nah, i havent sold the wrx, and dont plan on it. Im going to keep this car untill I have enough money to import my R34 or till nissan officially brings the skyline to the states. Hopefully by that time I should be out of dental school.

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

SRT-4's are slow.
    NO ONE CARES ABOUT WHETHER SRT-4s ARE SLOW WHERE YOU ARE. DON'T YOU GET IT????

You crack me up bro . I'm sorry but I think everyone will agree with me when I say that comment was stupid. Again, your first post along with your explanations are entirely POINTLESS.

This was an entertaining thread.

Well to help us in the traction/wheel hop area, we have a new product that eliminates wheel hop and now traction becomes limited to the tires. SRT-4's are very quick cars out of the box and with about 1500 in mods can be made to be very dangerous.

FACTION- your posts make you sound like a high school kid. Are you? Who the hell cares that the SRT-4's in your hood are just a bit quicker than stockers? The POINT that was trying to be made is that really fast SRT-4's exist and more and more are popping up. The car has ONLY been out 1.5 years.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast