stg 4 vs srt 4 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on stg 4 vs srt 4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; you dont need a utec for stage 4 a ecutek is engine management with your setup do you happen to ...

you dont need a utec for stage 4 a ecutek is engine management with your setup do you happen to have upgraded injectors or pump? or is it still running a stock fuel system

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My point is, people call it "Stage 4". Whose stage 4? The only company that makes a "stage 4" is TurboXS. They certainly dont sell ecutecs or fp18g's. I know I'm being picky but I've had this conversation with Nathan at TurboXS before and I believe he agrees.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

All the SRT-4's here are not fast. The fastest one here at the track ran a 13.7 with slicks! :lol:

They like to talk about how fast they are but when it comes down to it they arent that fast at all. Around here their mouths are faster than there cars.

FWIW
    /:

Originally posted by silverscooby
    My point is, people call it "Stage 4". Whose stage 4? The only company that makes a "stage 4" is TurboXS. They certainly dont sell ecutecs or fp18g's. I know I'm being picky but I've had this conversation with Nathan at TurboXS before and I believe he agrees.
    Speaking of which...I wish Turbo XS didn't call that a Stage 4...all their stages sound so high compared to the power output...I tell people I have a Stage 3 WRX and they look at me like I have some 400+hp car. Meanwhile Stage 3 is a basic bolt ons car.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Originally posted by FACTION
    All the SRT-4's here are not fast. The fastest one here at the track ran a 13.7 with slicks! :lol:

They like to talk about how fast they are but when it comes down to it they arent that fast at all. Around here their mouths are faster than there cars.

FWIW
    That's funny, I was going to say the same thing about the WRX owners here. Most are in the mid to high 14's and even 15's (yes, they are WRX's not RS's)

There is even a UTEC, FMIC, 20g, TurboXS Dogbox, yadda yadda yadda that routinely runs mid to low 13's. I have had the pleasure of beating him in my "slow" SRT-4 with only $1000 worth of mods.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

That's funny, I was going to say the same thing about the WRX owners here. Most are in the mid to high 14's and even 15's (yes, they are WRX's not RS's)

There is even a UTEC, FMIC, 20g, TurboXS Dogbox, yadda yadda yadda that routinely runs mid to low 13's. I have had the pleasure of beating him in my "slow" SRT-4 with only $1000 worth of mods.
    Yeah it is.

Dude(WRX) with a 20G, FMIC, Utec, etc.. here had a best of 12.5@110. And some other guy(WRX) with a 12.8 with a cobb 2.5 short block at 17psi.

Green, FMIC, STi utec, etc.. on 2 STis here. They are in the low-mid 12's, 12.3-12.5 both trapping 111+.

All the SRT-4's are 13.7+. And the fastest one was on slicks!

I understand that there are some fast ones, but they are not here. And the ones that talk all the noize about how fast they are on the street here get owned on the track. Never to be heard from again.

Obviously its different where you are.
    Last edited by FACTION; 06-27-2004 at 08:58 PM.
    /:

You make a great point. I also think it's funny how FACTION can say "SRT-4s are slow" and yet FP Green and 20G equipped STi's/WRX's are right where the fastest stock turbo/stock intercooler SRT-4s are .
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    You make a great point. I also think it's funny how FACTION can say "SRT-4s are slow" and yet FP Green and 20G equipped STi's/WRX's are right where the fastest stock turbo/stock intercooler SRT-4s are .
    I think it's funny how the fastest srt's are running a second slower than what they should based on there traps. If they could only hook up they might be nasty. But my biggest fear is to get a 500 hp neon next to me at a light on street tires lol.

I'd didn't realise that the srt's were getting into the 11's with stock turbo and intercooler. I've seen dyno's for a few sti's equiped with the green's putting down around 430 awhp, that's pretty nasty that srt can do 450 + on the stock turbo. That's pretty amazing.

Originally posted by racinready300ex
    I think it's funny how the fastest srt's are running a second slower than what they should based on there traps. If they could only hook up they might be nasty. But my biggest fear is to get a 500 hp neon next to me at a light on street tires lol.

I'd didn't realise that the srt's were getting into the 11's with stock turbo and intercooler. I've seen dyno's for a few sti's equiped with the green's putting down around 430 awhp, that's pretty nasty that srt can do 450 + on the stock turbo. That's pretty amazing.
    The only way a stock turbo'd SRT-4 could even come close to 400whp on the stock turbo was if it had nitrous. Stock turbo is just not big enough. Maybe if it had a compressor wheel upgrade and race gas.
    Last edited by silverscooby; 06-28-2004 at 01:39 PM.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    For the 3rd and final time, THERE ARE NO SRT-4's here in the 12's. Get it? I dont care if there are where you are or you read about them somewhere in a magazine.

They aint here! Thats my point.
    /:

Originally posted by FACTION
    For the 3rd and final time, THERE ARE NO SRT-4's here in the 12's. Get it? I dont care if there are where you are or you read about them somewhere in a magazine.

They aint here! Thats my point.
    You have no point, that's what I'm trying to say. To say a car isn't fast because you haven't physically witnessed it is very irrational, especially in a forum that contains folks from across the world, get it?

"All the SRT-4's here are not fast. The fastest one here at the track ran a 13.7 with slicks! :lol:"

one here ran 12.9 with just slicks and a down pipe acording to my best freind who saw it a lacr. I'd say fast enough.

I respect the numbers those things put down. But I do not respect them.

Nick

"At the end of the day, your still in a neon."
    Hummer Open Top
    Dodge Viper ACR

SRT's

Well I think we have the fastest SRT in the West Coast to date now From Dyno Works in San Bernardino. Dave went 11.1 at 132 mph at California Speedway this Sat, Video should be up pretty soon. I wasn't doing so well do to a leak I have in my BOV which only got me a 13.6 at 102 mph.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Originally posted by White Out
    I respect the numbers those things put down. But I do not respect them.

Nick

"At the end of the day, your still in a neon."
    Youre exactly the kind of guy I love beating. Happen to take the STi to the track yet?
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.