Jaguar S-Type vs. Cobb Stg. 1

This is a discussion on Jaguar S-Type vs. Cobb Stg. 1 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was heading southbound on Brookhurst (at about 11pm) in FV talking to my gf on the phone (yeah...yeah...cellphones and ...

Jaguar S-Type vs. Cobb Stg. 1

I was heading southbound on Brookhurst (at about 11pm) in FV talking to my gf on the phone (yeah...yeah...cellphones and driving... )and this car is riding my *ss. He passes me...I look over and see some 22-23 year old in a Jaguar S-Type...stereo blaring. Think nothing of it and continue on my way. Well, we're lined up at a light right before my freeway entrance. I need to cut over to get to the entrance, so when the light turns green I get on it a little to pass him and get on the freeway. I guess he took that as a challenge cuz on the onramp, he's riding my *ss again.

Race: I leave it in 2nd gear and wait till we get on the freeway. He moves to the next lane and get's on it. I wait till he gets to my door and I floor it. 2nd goes quick...into 3rd she goes...I lose a little on the shift but I'm still pulling away ever so slowly. I put her into 4th and I'm now about 1 to 1 1/2 car lengths and now pulling harder. Into 5th and he's way back there...

Not sure if it was the 3.0 v6 or the 4.2 v8...but I KNOW it wasn't the S-Type R. Either way, it was a good run...
    Last edited by pntballfreak; 06-16-2004 at 03:38 PM.
    Thanks to ACI Sports for their support.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good kill
    03' WRB WRX, 5spd
    AccessPort w/ VF34 (PDX Tuning map)
    Cobbtuning Intake
    TXS Catless StealthBack /w Stromung XA
    Nino's Uppipe
    Samco I/C Hoses

nice kill... how fast are they... i never thought of them as being a fast car...
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

You're in my neck of the woods. I live in FV right by mile square park. Maybe I've seen your car around. Good race by the way.

Originally posted by mike01svt
    nice kill... how fast are they... i never thought of them as being a fast car...
    Yeah...I don't think they are. From what I remember, the S-Type R (supercharged v8) runs low 14's/high 13's in the quarter...I'm not sure about the other 2.
    Thanks to ACI Sports for their support.

wow one of them is supercharged!! LOL
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME