cobb stage 2 sti vs 04 cobra
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on cobb stage 2 sti vs 04 cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just ran into a 2004 cobra and it wasn't pretty. I was cruising home on the highway when I ...

cobb stage 2 sti vs 04 cobra

I just ran into a 2004 cobra and it wasn't pretty. I was cruising home on the highway when I see a silver 04 cobra. We did a few runs from both 4th and 5th gear. Every time it ended with the same result . The car was unbeilevable. I would stay with him for about 1-3 seconds then it would pull away. Everytime he could of pulled away by many bus lenghts before he slowed down. It was pretty sweet hearing the supercharger screaming at 100+mph. My car couldn't even hang. IT MAKES ME WANT TO BUILD A SUPRA, OR PUT A BIG TURBO IN THE STI. I would like to see what I could of done from a dig. At least the guy was real cool, we gave each other the thumbs up and headed are seperate ways.

I am running an accessport stage 2 with a vishnu tbe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yea that sucks,but atleast you can drive your rex all year round off road on road ,ice what ever you want.like to see that cobra do all that.people forget that with these cars its not about the power but its ability to do all !!!!!! its a real drivers car not mustle car.when you got it you got it !!!!!!!!!!!! subaru

sti + utec + sr50 + bolt ons = sorry 04 stock cobra..

modded cobra is a diff story...

one day soon I will post a kill on a stock cobra..

today however is not that day...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

What kind of power are new cobras making? I knew they were fast but I figured a modded sti would at least be able to hang from a roll. Im sure youd do alot better from a stop.
    -Griffin

" IT MAKES ME WANT TO BUILD A SUPRA, OR PUT A BIG TURBO IN THE STI."

Why not just buy a Cobra??!?! lol

Supra's are bleh IMO.

Originally posted by Boosted4
    What kind of power are new cobras making? I knew they were fast but I figured a modded sti would at least be able to hang from a roll. Im sure youd do alot better from a stop.
    -Griffin
    I know I've posted this information a millions times but here it goes again:

A stock STi will hang RIGHT THERE with a STOCK 03/04 Cobra. In 4th and 5th gear rolls the Cobra will most definately out run the STi and probably somewhat easily.

If this guy was putting "bus lengths" on you, he was probably modded a bit.

I should think a fairly modded STi will out run the stock 03/04 SC'd Cobra in just about any race.

BUT, a modded 03/04 Cobra is something the 04 Viper SRT10 would STRUGGLE against.... GOOD LUCK!

The Cobra takes to mods VERY VERY well. A simple exhuast upgrade (stock echaust is basically a GT exhuast) can yield up to about 50 HP and 60 TQ.

I dont care if you are from a dig or a roll. Nor do I care about the AWD aspect, you will LOOSE to a modded SC'd Cobra in any stock STi. I dont even think these STi that are modded to hell to snag a 12 flat would hang.

To give you an idea of how fast the Cobra is and how easy it is to mod:

3 tries @ 70F with bad shifts, stock tires, and mediocre driver
    --------------------------------------------
    Exhaust
    2.8 Pulley
    Chip

12.2 @ 117
    12.1 @ 117
    12.0 @ 118

Those were my 3 and only tries. I never ran the car after I put on the intake. Which REALLY opened up that car. The 2.80" pulley was starving for air.

This car was SICK fast and they are running high 10's - low 11's with bolt-ons and DR's....
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

Oh and BTW:

I pulled a 1.89 60' on stock tires. So dont say a 03/04 Cobra cant be launched. Cause they can. It just takes LOTS of practice, good pavement, and some luck.
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

Well... I think I just found my convert! I luv the Sti but my wife's wagon will get us through the winter. I'm picking myself up a Cobra

I almost bought the 350z over the weekend. Good thing I didn't....

How much should a 04' Cobra convert go for? (Not MSRP)
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

New 40k

Originally posted by 03Cobra

A stock STi will hang RIGHT THERE with a STOCK 03/04 Cobra. In 4th and 5th gear rolls the Cobra will most definately out run the STi and probably somewhat easily.

If this guy was putting "bus lengths" on you, he was probably modded a bit.

I
    I don't think the Cobra had to be modded to beat the STI that badly from a roll. Cobra's have a good 7mph trap advantage and they shine up top. STI's smaller displacment and AWD hurt it up top, relatively speaking of course.

From a dig its one thing...from a roll, a stock STI just doesn't stand a chance. You know that and have said it, I'm just reiterating.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

correct me if i am wrong here... if you take a modded sti vs a modded cobra and race them in the 1/4 I am THINKING the sti will win, but if you take the same two cars and extend it to more than the 1/4 will the cobra win?? For example my car is a dog beleive it or not until 4k-7k... and launching is a pain I am thinking I wont be able to make up the ground i lost from the start and be able to pull the sti in by the time we reach the end of the quarter.. I havent gotten any times yet, but my stock times were 13.5@104 with a crappy crappy 2.0 60'.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

Originally posted by mike01svt
    correct me if i am wrong here... if you take a modded sti vs a modded cobra and race them in the 1/4 I am THINKING the sti will win, but if you take the same two cars and extend it to more than the 1/4 will the cobra win?? For example my car is a dog beleive it or not until 4k-7k... and launching is a pain I am thinking I wont be able to make up the ground i lost from the start and be able to pull the sti in by the time we reach the end of the quarter.. I havent gotten any times yet, but my stock times were 13.5@104 with a crappy crappy 2.0 60'.
    Dude, with as much power as you're putting down I would hope that you would beat a stock STI. Even modded - you would be catching up so quickly.

I mean, you're making well over 100whp vs. stock, aren't you? Damn nice car man.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

thanks... but i dont think i could beat a modded sti in the 1/4 cuz of the 1.5 60' they get. compared to my 2.0
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

Originally posted by AsianWRX
    Well... I think I just found my convert! I luv the Sti but my wife's wagon will get us through the winter. I'm picking myself up a Cobra

I almost bought the 350z over the weekend. Good thing I didn't....

How much should a 04' Cobra convert go for? (Not MSRP)
    why don't you wait until the cobra on the new chassis comes out? that way you can go fast in a straight line and have a chassis that was developed after Metallica released their first record.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

Originally posted by ihaveadent
    why don't you wait until the cobra on the new chassis comes out? that way you can go fast in a straight line and have a chassis that was developed after Metallica released their first record.
    I'm not sure if i can wait 2 yrs before the cobra verson is release. I'm not to fond of the butt of the new stangs either

Its a good looking car otherwise.... anyone got info on what the new powerplant is going to be?
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.