Vs. Hot Rod LeBaron

This is a discussion on Vs. Hot Rod LeBaron within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I don't know what this guy was thinking but I am at a light next to a blue late 80's ...

Vs. Hot Rod LeBaron

I don't know what this guy was thinking but I am at a light next to a blue late 80's early 90's POS LeBaron. He had red flames going halfway up his window, white racing stripes a-la Viper down the center of his car, and some silly white stripe across his windshield.

Anyhow, I see him looking at my car and he rolls down his windows (most likely just turned off his A/C for maximum thrust!), and he inches his car forward a bit. I'm thinking to my self no-way... but maybe it's a sleeper well the light turns and he lets out a might chirp as he rockets ahead (not really), I punch it, and totally bog, I'm like inching ahead... Then about 5 seconds later the boost finally kicks in and he's about 7 carlength's ahead, I pass him like he's dragging a house behind him, a few seconds later. To his amazement...

We come to a second light, I didn't even bother trying to launch. Same story,he rev's, I bog, I blow him away. I am just cruising and I see him cutting through traffic trying to catch me.

I know beating him was no big accomplishment, but... I live for racing guys like that!!! He made my day...
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Why didn't you just launch on him and really show him
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Wasn't worth the stress on my clutch, didn't really need to. I also forgot to mention he had red and yellow flames on his steering wheel, plus a red flame hanging from his rear view mirror...
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:

Originally posted by jamie007
    Wasn't worth the stress on my clutch, didn't really need to. I also forgot to mention he had red and yellow flames on his steering wheel, plus a red flame hanging from his rear view mirror...
    Wow...sounds like he was a flamer

Re: Vs. Hot Rod LeBaron

Originally posted by jamie007
    I don't know what this guy was thinking but I am at a light next to a blue late 80's early 90's POS LeBaron. He had red flames going halfway up his window, white racing stripes a-la Viper down the center of his car, and some silly white stripe across his windshield.

Anyhow, I see him looking at my car and he rolls down his windows (most likely just turned off his A/C for maximum thrust!), and he inches his car forward a bit. I'm thinking to my self no-way... but maybe it's a sleeper well the light turns and he lets out a might chirp as he rockets ahead (not really), I punch it, and totally bog, I'm like inching ahead... Then about 5 seconds later the boost finally kicks in and he's about 7 carlength's ahead, I pass him like he's dragging a house behind him, a few seconds later. To his amazement...

We come to a second light, I didn't even bother trying to launch. Same story,he rev's, I bog, I blow him away. I am just cruising and I see him cutting through traffic trying to catch me.

I know beating him was no big accomplishment, but... I live for racing guys like that!!! He made my day...
    Sounds like you did the "ricer fly by".... LOL... j/k

was it this lebaron? lebaron wrx
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by ebr0t
    was it this lebaron? lebaron wrx

WTF? No he wishes he had that, a Geo Metro prolly could have beat this guy.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:

Previous rides: