Outlander vs WRX

This is a discussion on Outlander vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Uhm...so I'm sitting at a light and some old guy rolls down his window and asks "what is that thing?" ...

Outlander vs WRX

Uhm...so I'm sitting at a light and some old guy rolls down his window and asks "what is that thing?" I said a Subaru WRX....so after several tries he finally got it right (Sebring? Superbird? etc..) I'm driving away and rode out my gears to give him some exhaust note and out of no where a black Outlander comes flying past me giving me the hazards...so my and my friend look at each other like wtf is this? So the kid cuts across 3 lanes of traffic and into a turning lane...so I follow...he goes screeching around a turn and makes an illegal u-turn...I decided to play it safe and go around the full turn but follow...he switches over 2 lanes to make a right...I follow...then he blows the light we were both supposed to hit and blows the next light and runs away...weirdest thing I have ever seen
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Haha,Outlander,that's a good one.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Horsepower @ rpm (SAE net): 160@5750
    Torque (lb-ft @ rpm): 162@4000

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by vtjim

Horsepower @ rpm (SAE net): 160@5750
    Torque (lb-ft @ rpm): 162@4000

The kid 0wn3d himself just by driving one. +1 for the Rex (and +1 post for me)

"Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I don't get it though...like he flew out in front of me...threw the hazards and when I tried to get near him he tried to get away so fast/badly that he could have hit another car...I don't understand the whole chain reaction of events...why race me when I'm not paying attention, why throw the hazards, why run away, why blow the lights...the questions run on and on.
    SIRacing.Net

heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

This is one reason why every car needs a mandatory video camera mounted in it so we can all watch the events you just described
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Re: Outlander vs WRX

Originally posted by SERacing
    some old guy
    Originally posted by SERacing
    So the kid cuts across 3 lanes

my grandma has an outlander.... pretty nice for what she paid for it, (like $19,000 brand new) but slow as hell. i love people like this, i just cant believe you took the time to follow him, lol
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

LOL... nice little encounter you had there.

Some weird thing happened to me over the weekend (doesn't deserve a new thread). Guy and his girl + anohter couple in back seat of the new 3.5L Altima come up next to me... laughing and having a good time. Guy revs his motor and I just look and nod. I start off granny style, not even in boost at like 2000rpm. He floors it and chirps... I punch it at like 3000RPM and surprisingly, we stayed even until the top of 2nd gear that's when I just walked. I guess those things have some torque (plus the head start helped ).

nice death

Re: Re: Outlander vs WRX

Originally posted by DTR maxima

my grandma has an outlander.... pretty nice for what she paid for it, (like $19,000 brand new) but slow as hell. i love people like this, i just cant believe you took the time to follow him, lol

Like I said the Outlander came out of no where, I was talking to some old guy to the left of me and the Outlander driven by two teenage looking kids came from the right side which I wasn't paying attention to.
    SIRacing.Net

heh, fairlady