Got SMOKED by a Kia!

This is a discussion on Got SMOKED by a Kia! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was headed to the highway, stuck at a light behind a guy in a Kia too busy talking to ...

Got SMOKED by a Kia!

I was headed to the highway, stuck at a light behind a guy in a Kia too busy talking to the person next to him... beep... oh duh.. the light's green.. so he goes... I move over and start to go around him because I like this particular onramp.... he cuts over just as the next light turns red and I end up on ABS trying not to hit him.. someday I really need to get around to installing that ABS switch.... anyeway.. then he looks in his rear view mirror and shakes his finger at me like.. no-no-no... WTF?

So I rev a little while shaking my head at him... the light turns green and he SMOKES ME! That is, he lets loose with the front tires spinning I'm on the brakes trying not to rearend his no traction ass..... I cover his ass on the on ramp while his tires are crying in pain while I'm thinking I wish he'd just get the hell out of the way.... started to pass him once I had a lane on the higway, but he kept his foot burried and I let off at 80... I don't need a ticket for proving anything to a Kia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You just got served!

On a side note, ever mess with the rednecks at the racetrack? One track down here has a spot where you can list your make and model on your tech ticket. The announcer then says what your car is when you line up. I used to like hearing "2002 Kia Rio ..yadda yadday" Then run a mid 12.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Wow that really stinks to lose to a Kia.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Men who wag their finger at people should be shot. You can quote me on that.

Originally posted by sarcasmo
    w3rd
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

What should I have done after he gave me the 'hang loose' sign (thumb and pinky extended) at the next offramp?

Originally posted by Racenut3.0
    What should I have done after he gave me the 'hang loose' sign (thumb and pinky extended) at the next offramp?
    shoot him again!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by Racenut3.0
    Take that same hand, force him to clench it into a fist and then rake it accross a cheese grater several times. When done, have him dip the hand in some iodine to disinfect. Repeat with the other hand for good measure.

Where are your two bottles? (the big ones)
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

So is that when you pull the bat out instead?

Been flicked off a fewtimes?

FS: 02 WRX with JDM V7 RA-C