G35 Coupe vs My STi
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on G35 Coupe vs My STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last night after watching Troy (I know, I saw it late, but it's still a good film. It would have ...

G35 Coupe vs My STi

Last night after watching Troy (I know, I saw it late, but it's still a good film. It would have been better if the teenaged girls in front of me stopped gawking at every breath of Orlando Bloom), I was headed home. I made a detour in my town and I decided to visit Red Lobster to see if they were still open. I was hungry and so was my friend. They were closed.

So, we left and headed for the highway. What do I spot in front of me also getting on the highway? A super slow Mini Van and a G35 Coupe right behind it with the license plate: ILK2SPD. Yes... he's going to get himself pulled over a ton with a dumb vanity plate like that. Sorry, but vanity plates like that always make me angry. He should have just gotten the vanity plate: GMMETKT or TKTMEPG. So as we're headed on the on ramp, I keept in 4th at about 40 mph, I really should have been in 3rd, but eh, no worries.

I told my friend: "I think this G35 Coupe is going to gun it. Oh, here he goes, do it do it!" The G35 pushes it and I pursue. The whole time I was thinking: Man, I bet you this guy is thinking to himself, "WTF is that behind me". God I love my car. Any how, I didn't really beat him or anything, I just wanted to see how my STi held up. I caught up to him but I had to short myself in 5th ear at 5K RPM, or else I would have hit his bumper. I wanted to wave to the guy but his window tints were mafia black.

I had to get to my exit since I had missed it anyway, so I took the next one at a gingerly pace. He followed me and tried to race again. He was on my ass the whole time, but we were on streets close to residentials and I didn't really want to get myself into some dumb trouble. Heh, oh well, he was smelling some of my nice catless exhaust as he followed so closely. I guess I deserve the tailgating since I did cut him off to get to the next exit, but I left him about 2-3 car lengths when I got in front of him.

Ah, all is good. As long as I can keep up while shorting myself in a gear, I'm a happy camper. Oh yeah, and no one was hurt, which is always good .

Signed,
    Charlie

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice runs there mate! I admit that I like to do the same thing often just to see where I stack up too, and to sorta show them too that there is something a little quicker commin thru too!

Anything done to the STi yet?
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Re: G35 Coupe vs My STi

Originally posted by outferno
    Ah, all is good. As long as I can keep up while shorting myself in a gear, I'm a happy camper.
    Your so unbeatable! Your car is so gingerly fast

Oh yeah, and no one was hurt, which is always good .
    I guess I deserve the tailgating since I did cut him off to get to the next exit, but I left him about 2-3 car lengths when I got in front of him.
    Maybe he had to slam on the brakes to avoid a wreck?
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

Nah. There was no wreck. There was just this Toyota Sienna Mini-Van about 1 bus length ahead that I couldn't see from my angle.

There was another car in front of me when I pulled into the slowest lane in front of him. When I switched lanes, he had 2-3 car lengths between us.

As for mods: Just a down pipe and GFB 50/50 BOV.

Oh... and no spoiler

Signed,
    Charlie

My best friend has an 03 G35 coupe and he would always put cars on my rex from a roll when I was stock, then i finally put the up/turboback on and i could put about a car on him from 30-90. They are definately quick cars from a roll especially. Plus they're just pimp hehe
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

I love the G35 Coupe, I almost bought one. They are very quick. I think they're just a little bit slower than a 350Z, but nothing dramatically different.

I've raced both the G35 Coupe and the 350Z, beat the 350Z by pulling on him hard from 80 to 120... but that might be because I was more prepared for that battle, where as the G35 coupe, I wasn't as prepared .

Signed,
    Charlie

Re: G35 Coupe vs My STi

I wanted to wave to the guy but his window tints were mafia black.
    HAHAHAH thats amazing
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Oh... and no spoiler

Now your talking......that square wing sucks.
    04 BMW 325i

Originally posted by skyjock41
    Now your talking......that square wing sucks.
    The square wing rocks!

2004 STi, Java Black Pearl
    www.cardomain.com/id/2004wrxsti

Best ET 4/24/04
    12.38@109

I've run against a couple in the last few days, and they are definately not an easy kill, even for my stage 4 car. I definately pull on them, but the topend of that thing is amazing, it just rips after 80mph when Im' taking a second to spool...I'd love to own one.

Hey timdog how is teh car running now ? much better...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Originally posted by Timdog1650
    I've run against a couple in the last few days, and they are definately not an easy kill, even for my stage 4 car. I definately pull on them, but the topend of that thing is amazing, it just rips after 80mph when Im' taking a second to spool...I'd love to own one.

Yes, they are definately fast from a roll. I had a very tuff fight racing one stock vs stock in my STi.

About 3 weeks ago I ran one from about 25mph - 90mph and only pulled a few cars. Thats in my STi with TBE and Utec. So they are definatly fast cars from a roll.

I fooled w/my friends twin turbo 350z...His low boost map is 370whp and we fooled from 2nd to the top of 3rd and I was at his back bumper....He wasnt pulling.

As far as stockers, they really dont pose a challenge...but modded they are nasty.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Originally posted by 2004JadeSTi
    The square wing rocks!

You know your car would look better without the box wing and pinkness. Go on do it....no ones looking.
    04 BMW 325i

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.