Stock Mustang GT vs. Cobb stage 2 WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stock Mustang GT vs. Cobb stage 2 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I see a lot of GT on the road (02+) and what the outcome of the race will be if ...

Stock Mustang GT vs. Cobb stage 2 WRX

I see a lot of GT on the road (02+) and what the outcome of the race will be if the race is to take place from 45+... I try to ignore them since I'm not too into street racing, but some of the GT drivers drive as if they rule the road.

Any experiences vs. stock GT?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Stock Mustang GT vs. Cobb stage 2 WRX

Originally posted by WRXreX
    I see a lot of GT on the road (02+) and what the outcome of the race will be if the race is to take place from 45+... I try to ignore them since I'm not too into street racing, but some of the GT drivers drive as if they rule the road.

Any experiences vs. stock GT?
    From a dig you would own him very hard, so if your desire is to win, run from a stop.

From a 45-ish roll, well, I'm going to say drivers race, especially if you've still got the low boost problem. If you're both equal drivers, it could very well be a wash.
    2004 STi, Java Black Pearl
    www.cardomain.com/id/2004wrxsti

Best ET 4/24/04
    12.38@109

I'm positive from a dig, you would destroy him...

From a roll, I still think you'd pull pretty hard and win.

magazine racing both are basically the same time 14.1ish give or take. i've seen tons of stock stangs go 13.9 and lower with DR's. so as stated above "destroy" is hardly the case. There is only 1 way to find out.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by CustomS10
    magazine racing both are basically the same time 14.1ish give or take. i've seen tons of stock stangs go 13.9 and lower with DR's. so as stated above "destroy" is hardly the case. There is only 1 way to find out.
    Agreed. Fix your boost issue then you should win. But if your looking for significant car lengths........better shoot for a 98GT.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

i have a stage 2 with ecutek and up pipe. i have beat 3 mustang gt's from a stop by about 2-3 cars. from a roll. its pretty damn even from 40-100mph. at least on my races. this is also on 91 craptane.

It will all depend on what tires he has and if he can drive... Takes a lot less to launch and AWD vehicle, which is why the WRX is such a deadly stoplight racer!!
    Automatic WRX Test Dummy/Pioneer. 11 Second Auto Club.

I ran a best of 13.99@101 when I was stock. So, if you're running 13.79@97 mph, you should beat a stock GT in the 1/4, but he'd be slowly gaining and eventually pass you. This is assuming he's a great driver. MOST stock GT's I see at the track here in Orlando are running mid 14's at 97 mph, so if it's a driver like that, or an auto, you shouldn't have any problem.
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

you ran a 13.99 at the track. but on the street its a whole different story. tracks are prepped for traction, etc. it does not effect awd as much as it would for you.
    you should have no problem beating 99% of stock gt's if you know how to launch your car. they might catch up at 110mph but its usually over by then...

Originally posted by axion7606
    you ran a 13.99 at the track. but on the street its a whole different story. tracks are prepped for traction, etc. it does not effect awd as much as it would for you.
    you should have no problem beating 99% of stock gt's if you know how to launch your car. they might catch up at 110mph but its usually over by then...
    a set of DR's or street slicks null and void the AWD advantage. not all RWD car will spin, u spin if ur car's not set up or if u dont know how to launch it properly
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

a set of DR's or street slicks null and void the AWD advantage. not all RWD car will spin, u spin if ur car's not set up or if u dont know how to launch it properly
    thats not stock now is it. everyone knows better rubber helps often more then some performance mods...

thats not stock now is it. everyone knows better rubber helps often more then some performance mods...
    knowing how to drive your car isn't stock?? the DR part isn't but who wants to race a car with a clear advantage. it's like picking on a retard child.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

he asked about stage 2 wrx against a stock gt. that means stock. no intake, no exhaust, no drag radials, no gears, etc.

he asked about stage 2 wrx against a stock gt. that means stock. no intake, no exhaust, no drag radials, no gears, etc.
    ok but still driving the car right and launching it properly will have no wheel spin, i did it 100x with my fox body and still all my mustang buddies don't have anyproblem what so ever
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

I have Cobb stage 1, and ran a newer (02+) gt from a 60+ roll to 115ish, and we were dead even. He was driving a stick, too, I could see him shifting. I'm assuming he was stock, but I don't really know, and honestly I was surprised, I was expecting him to pull at those speeds.
    03 Midnight Black WRX Sedan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast