Stock Mustang GT vs. Cobb stage 2 WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Stock Mustang GT vs. Cobb stage 2 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I never knew stickier tires make a car "not stock"....

I never knew stickier tires make a car "not stock".
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I never knew stickier tires make a car "not stock".
    you ever see what real tires can do?
    they can improve yer handling just as good as a set of coilovers.
    my friends honda runs 13.9 on street tires with slicks 13.1
    i'd say that sticky tires are a pretty good mod
    if you don't know now you know

I ran a buddy of mine in his '03 Mustang GT 5-speed. He has off-road x-pipe, cat-back and 3.73 gears. Only mod on my WRX wagon is the air silencer has been removed. From a roll 60-65, he could not shake me. We ran it up to 110 or so three times and everytime he couldn't pull on me (but then again, I couldn't pull on him any). His best run at the track was 13.90's.

Your stage 2 should easily beat a stock GT. I'd be curious if you could hang with a Mach 1 or not? That would probably be close depending on the driver.

Originally posted by axion7606
    you ever see what real tires can do?
    they can improve yer handling just as good as a set of coilovers.
    my friends honda runs 13.9 on street tires with slicks 13.1
    i'd say that sticky tires are a pretty good mod
    if you don't know now you know
    Sorry, just because you said so won't cut it. If a bone stock car puts on a set of stickier tires, I would still call it "bone stock", not "modded". No point in arguing -just a difference in opinion.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

i'm on many diff forums and i wonder why people never actually race anothe rcar enthusiast or someone knows how to drive. U ever realize how say this thread for example everyone has beaten a modded GT and if u go for example on stangnet they have a same story and they smoke the wrx and have video of it or something. it's just weird how 2 car enthusiasts with diff backgrounds don't meet up.

few people run lower then a 14.3 in a wrx and probably the same in the mustang. it's just odd. 2 people who can drive their car should race.

btw that 13.9 stang with the mods he needs to take a driving class or something lol
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by grtpmkn
    I ran a buddy of mine in his '03 Mustang GT 5-speed. He has off-road x-pipe, cat-back and 3.73 gears. Only mod on my WRX wagon is the air silencer has been removed. From a roll 60-65, he could not shake me. We ran it up to 110 or so three times and everytime he couldn't pull on me (but then again, I couldn't pull on him any). His best run at the track was 13.90's.

Your stage 2 should easily beat a stock GT. I'd be curious if you could hang with a Mach 1 or not? That would probably be close depending on the driver.
    So...your WRX wagon with only the silencer removed runs 13.90's? Sure buddy.
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.