Had to let a srt-4 think he smoked me...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Had to let a srt-4 think he smoked me... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This guy in the stupidest sunglasses and backward hat I have EVER seen pulls up next to me in his ...

Thumbs down Had to let a srt-4 think he smoked me...

This guy in the stupidest sunglasses and backward hat I have EVER seen pulls up next to me in his srt 4 and starts revving like he is in the daytona 500, anyways, he must not have known it but at the next light there is a LARGE police station, so I just let him rev and let him take off and half a mile up the road he flashers me like he won and then pulls into arco of all places to get gas, arco in a turbo engine, geez, I can't even believe it, I would've liked to put him in his place, but I also like being able to drive my car and not have it impounded for street racing, better to be safe than sorry I guess, and when a police station is at the next light you can never be too safe, he'll get his I am quite sure of it. Anyways, that's my story for today. Would I have even had a chance against him in my stock 4EAT dropped into 3 and brake torqued to a decent RPM(I don't want to start brake torqueing without a tranny cooler anyways) with a good launch? Just curious
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

SRT-4 is teh hella fastAr.
    www.awdpirates.net

really, I didn't think it would be that much quicker, glad I didn't bother then
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

You got killed.

would've got killed since he was the only one racing, technically I didn't get killed
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

Originally posted by ero2
    would've got killed since he was the only one racing, technically I didn't get killed
    Hah, all in good fun man. Just joking around with you.

I know it's all good, at least now I know I would have gotten spanked. Would I still get spanked after uppipe, downpipe, catback, accessport? Or would that at least put me a hell of a lot closer?
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

Originally posted by ero2
    I know it's all good, at least now I know I would have gotten spanked. Would I still get spanked after uppipe, downpipe, catback, accessport? Or would that at least put me a hell of a lot closer?
    Much closer, Probalby drivers race.....

Dont forget though,......They can mod too

Shotgun

this is true, just seeing my odds is all
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

Ide say you were the smarter more mature driver! Good thinking. I get guys like this pulling up next to me in my Sti. I actually rev back at them to get them all pumped up, light turns green and I drive off like I normally do as the scream out of there.

Take it to the track if you want a peice of me.
    2004 Subaru WRX-STI (Blue)
    2003 Acura MDX-T (Silver)

yup, I completely agree. I also have a lot more fun drving through the canyons out here in socal rather than driving in a straight line from light to light, I mean don't get me wrong racing at the track is cool too, but crusing through the canyons in a turbo all wheel drive is one of the highlights of my, um..., life
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

Until you get some mods and eliminate some of that turbo lag, dont even think about racing from a stop.

ugh, a few months ago me and a few friends were driving around, and I lined up next to my friend at the stoplight (saturn, like 130 HP) with comparable weight in each car

Anyways, I floor it (it was in D, probably hurt my times a little). He immediatly got the jump, and at the end of first, we were even. we shut down at 50, but damn was it embarrasing, and this was against a friggin automatic saturn! An Srt-4 who launches on you would pull 10 cars on you.

Another story, a POS geo metro hatchback lines up to me at the stop light. He guns it, so do I, and before 3000 RPMs, HE PULLED ON ME!!! Of course, after 3000 RPMs was another story, but man was that embarrasing...

Just trying to save you from the same embarrasment that I had to go through. It's important to keep in mind that before the turbo kicks in, we are pretty uch driving a 140 AWD economy car. Once you get your Cobb Stage 2 setup (or comparable) it's a different story.

so until I get to stage 2 I should only think about running people from a roll right? or not even at all? Stage 2 would be the mods I listed before right? uppipe, downpipe, catback, and accessport running stage 2? or is there more to stage 2? would the accessport running stage 1 help me at all right now?
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

Originally posted by VitaminWRX
    Until you get some mods and eliminate some of that turbo lag, dont even think about racing from a stop.

ugh, a few months ago me and a few friends were driving around, and I lined up next to my friend at the stoplight (saturn, like 130 HP) with comparable weight in each car

Anyways, I floor it (it was in D, probably hurt my times a little). He immediatly got the jump, and at the end of first, we were even. we shut down at 50, but damn was it embarrasing, and this was against a friggin automatic saturn! An Srt-4 who launches on you would pull 10 cars on you.

Another story, a POS geo metro hatchback lines up to me at the stop light. He guns it, so do I, and before 3000 RPMs, HE PULLED ON ME!!! Of course, after 3000 RPMs was another story, but man was that embarrasing...

Just trying to save you from the same embarrasment that I had to go through. It's important to keep in mind that before the turbo kicks in, we are pretty uch driving a 140 AWD economy car. Once you get your Cobb Stage 2 setup (or comparable) it's a different story.
    and thanks! I have noticed from a stop I got nothing, but if I am cruising at like 30-40 and drop it into 3 and punch it, it pulls pretty nicely, or does it only feel fast because I am coming form a chevy silverado that weighs 3 times as much?
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

Be careful who you race from a roll. A stock 'rex (either 4eat or 5mt, they are both pretty equal from a roll) will be maybe a little faster than your average 3.0 liter V6 family sedan. Pretty much, most subcompacts, family cars, and V6 (or mid 90s V8 mustangs) are yours for the taking.

However, V8 'stangs, and most bonafide Sports Cars will beat you from a roll. The ideal situation for a WRX from a roll is from 40 miles to an hour to around 80-100. Anything above that, and most cars will pull hard on you.

Edit: The 4EAT is a freaking rocket if you put it in "3" around 40, then floor it so it drops into "2" that is not your imagination. Thats why if you are looking for power around town, do not put it in "D" as it really does not like to go into "2" for some reason.

Edit2: The Stage 1 doesn't really do much for turbo lag, but it does help top end. Your best bet is the stage 2 with uppipe and turboback.
    Last edited by VitaminWRX; 06-13-2004 at 12:23 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.