Had to let a srt-4 think he smoked me... - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Had to let a srt-4 think he smoked me... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by BobbyD this is off topic, but my mom got a new 2004 camry with the big V6, ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by BobbyD
    this is off topic, but my mom got a new 2004 camry with the big V6, its got like 225 hp if im not mistake. Anyways, this car scoots, i swear it could keep up with a stock wrx on the highway. And its the quitest ride ever, sounds like a lexus, so comfy too, i must say im impressed! Sometimes i just take her car out, when i dont want to hear my exhaust. In the lexus I feel like im in a poor mans mercedez.
    Toyota builds great cars. I just wish they weren't so boring. I would think it would be close on a highway pull between a stock WRX and the V6 Camry. (210hp, by the way.) The new Maxima and V6 Accord are even quicker, I think.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Camry SE sedan gets 225HP...

Im not sure why you guys are saying the 4eat is bad to launch. It isnt as good as the 5MT but its no slouch. You can still get to 3k RPM on stock tranny and be a couple a 100's of RPMS away from full boost. Going from no RPMS on launch is of course going to be mediocre. Same with the 5MT. Regardless........

A stock 4EAT or 5MT will get killed by the SRT-4. A stock WRX should get the launch but then get passed up by 2nd gear.

A stage 2 WRX might be faster in the 1/4 but that is with the launch. From a roll the SRT-4 should pull away.

I wont get the TC for my car cause I really dont care what my car does on a track. Its extra wear and tear that i dont care to put on it.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Beanboy
    The Camry SE sedan gets 225HP...
    I stand corrected. I didn't realize that they had put a 3.3 liter into the SE. It's still shy of what the Altima SE and Accord V6 are putting out.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    I stand corrected. I didn't realize that they had put a 3.3 liter into the SE. It's still shy of what the Altima SE and Accord V6 are putting out.
    yeah, maxima, accord, and altima are doing very well for themselves in the power department. all are capable of mid 14's stock in MT form. particularly the accord v6
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I've taken an SRT-4 from a 40mph roll.. so it can be done. he also claimed to have an exhaust and intake mod.

If your stock, you can forget about it though. If its from the stop, it would be close. I've seen numerous SRT-4s running mid 14's just because they can't launch them right.
    03' WRB WRX, 5spd
    AccessPort w/ VF34 (PDX Tuning map)
    Cobbtuning Intake
    TXS Catless StealthBack /w Stromung XA
    Nino's Uppipe
    Samco I/C Hoses

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by DTR maxima
    yeah, maxima, accord, and altima are doing very well for themselves in the power department. all are capable of mid 14's stock in MT form. particularly the accord v6
    Yeah, the 6speed V6 Accord is actually quite quick, though a bit rare. I think it traps in the high 90's in the quarter. (or at least mid-90's...)
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Ahh...i guess my moms camry isnt the 3.3l V6 with 225 hp, its the 3.0 l with 210. I swear, it feels damn quick tho. Im curious as to what it would trap in the quarter, i imagine maybe a high 80 or low 90 trap speed. Which is pretty damn quick for a car you can barelly hear when the pedal is to the floor.

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

whatever, it's what every neon will ever be....a rental car

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't really characterize V6 Camrys as rental cars. They're actually quite nice, both the interior finish and the overall engineering.

The last road test I saw for a 210hp Camry had it trapping at 84 mph. (16.7 sec quarter mile. The Altima was a full second quicker, and at 91mph.) I think the nice torque curve of the V6 makes it feel peppier than it really is. My 190 hp Maxima felt really torquey, as well, but if you look at the numbers, it really wasn't that strong.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Originally posted by skyjock41
    Im not sure why you guys are saying the 4eat is bad to launch. It isnt as good as the 5MT but its no slouch. You can still get to 3k RPM on stock tranny and be a couple a 100's of RPMS away from full boost. Going from no RPMS on launch is of course going to be mediocre. Same with the 5MT. Regardless........

A stock 4EAT or 5MT will get killed by the SRT-4. A stock WRX should get the launch but then get passed up by 2nd gear.

A stage 2 WRX might be faster in the 1/4 but that is with the launch. From a roll the SRT-4 should pull away.

I wont get the TC for my car cause I really dont care what my car does on a track. Its extra wear and tear that i dont care to put on it.
    sorry dont mean to hi-jack the thread, but i believe the 4eat's are terrible off the line. when the converter gets hot, it suffers from heat soak which will significantly bring down your stall speed. even if the converter is not yet suffering from heat soak, you may be able to get your stall speed up to about 3100 rpm's but once you get to around 2900 rpm's, the brakes will start slipping and the car will lurch forward so if that were to happen at the track you would redlight. you just cant win with the 4eat. ill admit the car has potential but its such a pita with the 4eat simply because of heat. hence the reason my track times are so bad, i can never get a decent launch at the track, however on the street i always manage to launch around 3k. there are many more reasons why i dislike the 4eat but i wont get into them in this thread. im not bashing this car, i think subaru did an incredible job on the wrx, however i believe this car should not have been made with the option of having the 4eat, it embarreses the car in the performance department. the best time i managed to get when i was stock was a whoping 16.3, which i believe is close to what civics run. again, sorry for hi-jacking the thread.

p.s. these are my opinions and i only speak from my personal experience.
    Last edited by 03WRX_Fl; 06-15-2004 at 01:15 PM.
    '04 Aspen white 5 spd

didn't I read somewhere that people are pulling like 14.8-15.1 stock in the 4EAT or am I tripping hardcore?
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

Originally posted by ero2
    didn't I read somewhere that people are pulling like 14.8-15.1 stock in the 4EAT or am I tripping hardcore?
    i believe 15.1 is the magazine time for the auto wrx wagon but i have no idea how they pulled that time. i dont go by magazine times anyway but majority people that have taken their stock 4eat's to the track come back fairly dissapointed.
    '04 Aspen white 5 spd

I have never seen this but looking at numbers people are getting at the track a cobb stage 2 5MT wrx should beat a stock srt-4 until it gets into triple digit speeds (stupid to do anyway) and with a mopar stage 1 it would be a drivers race, not so sure about the mopar stage 2 in theory it should spank the stage 2 wrx. As far as the 4EAT goes I would give up a career in drag racing altogether.

Re: Re: Props To Ya!

Originally posted by jigga
    What is so bad about ARCO gas?? (Pardon my ignorance, but I don't reside in the US)
    There's nothing wrong with ARCO gas. Some people are just yuppies and think Chevron or 76 is the only way to go. I pump ARCO and never knock on 91, and I HAVE had knocking on gas from Chevron, so it all depends on the station.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.