Had to let a srt-4 think he smoked me... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Had to let a srt-4 think he smoked me... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Generally I find street racing pretty lame and stupid...particularly straight drags. That is not to say that I don't appreciate ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Generally I find street racing pretty lame and stupid...particularly straight drags. That is not to say that I don't appreciate spirited driving though. Having said that....I find the SRT4 driver's behaviour childish and typically ego seeking stupid. Incidently, I find it particularly funny that you felt the need to console yourself by posting such a message that 'you had to let him think he won'....

Additionally, while the SRT may have questionable looks, 'only' FWD, etc etc..... real driving enthusiasts are exclusive to brand, model, etc.....and frankly, the SRT is a rather fast car, good at what is does-and handles rather well contrary to what most people think about FWD vs 4WD vs RWD... the (stock) Impreza doesn't really have all that great chassis grip and handling but rather needs to be steered via the throttle.

Furthermore, the SRT4 has more torque than the stock Impreza WRX and being that you have an automatic, chances are you would have losted regardless.....

PS- While I have given testimony to the SRT, I would never want it to replace my own Impreza...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I only posted it like that because he wanted to race, I didn't, therefore he had some idea that I was and he flashed his hazards thinking he had beat me. I came here to see what my odds would have been against him at a strip, obviously I had no odds against him and would have gotten my ass handed to me, I now know that. I feel no need for consolement, I would have lost, that's cool, I still love my car and would NEVER trade it for an srt-4
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't stock SRT's dyno at well over 200whp? I'm thinking that even a Cobb Stage 2 4EAT WRX will get stomped by a well driven SRT-4, especially from a roll. Those little cars are deceptively quick.

Also, isn't this the wrong forum for this?

edit:and no, I'd never trade my car for one, either...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Don't stock SRT's dyno at well over 200whp? I'm thinking that even a Cobb Stage 2 4EAT WRX will get stomped by a well driven SRT-4, especially from a roll. Those little cars are deceptively quick.

could be I claim being a newbie, this is my one mulligan
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

I Support ClubWRX
    It's no problem; I'm not trying to be a jerk. Usually people compare cars in this manner in the "WRX versus the World" forum.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX

many are putting up numbers to the wheels of what dodge is claiming at the crank.

with basic exhaust stuff you are going to get mid 200's
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

What was the point of this thread? Kids in all sorts of cars (yes, even the WRX) do that to me all the time. It's not the car, it's the driver.

Anyway, nice death! Lol.
    Slow Neon.

Originally posted by Khryz
    What was the point of this thread? Kids in all sorts of cars (yes, even the WRX) do that to me all the time. It's not the car, it's the driver.

Anyway, nice death! Lol.
    No point at all, just curious how my car would've stacked up, no big deal just curious, and thanks, I always like to die in style
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

You have a 4EAT right? If so, why not get a better torque converter installed to bump up your stall speed. This will help you off the line... Just a suggestion.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

this is off topic, but my mom got a new 2004 camry with the big V6, its got like 225 hp if im not mistake. Anyways, this car scoots, i swear it could keep up with a stock wrx on the highway. And its the quitest ride ever, sounds like a lexus, so comfy too, i must say im impressed! Sometimes i just take her car out, when i dont want to hear my exhaust. In the lexus I feel like im in a poor mans mercedez.

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

Originally posted by ero2
    I know it's all good, at least now I know I would have gotten spanked. Would I still get spanked after uppipe, downpipe, catback, accessport? Or would that at least put me a hell of a lot closer?
    I still dont think you could take him, but you never know.

FWIW, most stock 04 SRT-4 put down 220-230hp and 240-250ft-lbs at the wheels.
    Last edited by silverscooby; 06-14-2004 at 10:40 AM.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by BobbyD
    this is off topic, but my mom got a new 2004 camry with the big V6, its got like 225 hp if im not mistake. Anyways, this car scoots, i swear it could keep up with a stock wrx on the highway. And its the quitest ride ever, sounds like a lexus, so comfy too, i must say im impressed! Sometimes i just take her car out, when i dont want to hear my exhaust. In the lexus I feel like im in a poor mans mercedez.

-BobbyD
    The camry is the same as the lexus, toyota makes lexus or vice versa or something
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

Props To Ya!

Good thing u didn't go, especially knowing about the police station ahead. This guy must of been Cocky and obviously dumb for going to ARCO to pump Gas. If he had ARCO in his tank if you ran him, you might have won
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Re: Props To Ya!

Originally posted by SRT THIS
    Good thing u didn't go, especially knowing about the police station ahead. This guy must of been Cocky and obviously dumb for going to ARCO to pump Gas. If he had ARCO in his tank if you ran him, you might have won
    What is so bad about ARCO gas?? (Pardon my ignorance, but I don't reside in the US)
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

LOL.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.