Should I get an '05 STi???
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Should I get an '05 STi??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First I'd like to say hello to the board. I've been a long time member of Maxima.org forums and currently ...

Should I get an '05 STi???

First I'd like to say hello to the board. I've been a long time member of Maxima.org forums and currently I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not to part out my 98 Maxima and go for an '05 STi in platinum silver.

Here is a link to my Maxima so you can see what I'd be parting out and selling...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/blkmax98se

My main question for you guys is will I be as happy as I think I'll be with an STi? I want to move on to something powerful and I love the looks of the STi (although my fiance hates how it looks)

Please post your opinions on whether I should hold the Maxima for a little longer, or move into the world of boost and AWD.

Thanks in advance for your .02

-Tony

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No, you should not get it... what are you thinking?? why would you want an STi??

Thank you for the sarcasm, I get your point...lol

Another thing I have to consider is the fact that I currently have no car payment, the Maxima has been paid off for years. Taking on a new expense (probably in the $400-$500/month range) is nothing to overlook.

As far as the park bench goes, what are my options for changing it? Is it possible to swap it off for a stock WRX spoiler and maybe add some extensions? Or is it necessary to swap the entire trunk lid due to differences in mounting hole locations?

Thanks

-Tony

i heard somewhere that for the 05 there is an option to get the wing taken of from the factory, thats what i heard i could be wrong.
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

I never heard about that.... But if you want it to look nice you should just swap trunks.

I'm certain someone will trade you for the rice wing.

Okay, as a new STi owner, does the wing add any useful advantage to the car if driven at high speed every now and then? What about fuel economy? Would it hamper fuel economy in the least? I'm thinking of doing the trunk lid swap with someone also.

Edit-BTW I also own a Maxima but I am keeping it for my wife to drive. It's an '03 Maxima SE, completely stock, automatic with the 3.5l VQ engine. Fun car but on a scale of 1-10 with the STi being a 10 the Maxima is probably a 3.
    Last edited by Jules WRX-STi; 06-14-2004 at 05:07 PM.

No brainer, basically.

I bought mine on Saturday 6/14. I looked at whether or not I wanted a payment, etc. as well. My old scooby was a 96 impreza outback 2.2, and was a solid little grocery getter, and was paid for for a long time.

I had about a day of buyers regret. Now I regret not buying the darned thing the day they came to the US. I could have enjoyed all the time from then to now!

As for the wing, I dont worry too much about it. When people keep their spacing, it actually is great for blocking headlights a little bit, since that autodimming mirror is about my only complaint (never dims - lol maybe because of the wing). I might get a stock or WRX trunklid for sleepering it down when I want to, but it grows on you. It definitely tells people you mean business.

As a 34 year old mid life crisis driver (I hope my mid life crisis will last 15-20 years or I'm gonna die early), I don't need or want to drag race the kids anyway. The wing tells people "yep its an STi, lets just keep on driving, dood." and then they don't mess with me, they just stare at it (some dewd almost sideswiped me because he was staring so hard just yesterday). Being left alone - thats fine by me. I bought it for me, and I dont care what anyone else thinks of it -_- (except the cops, as it does get their attention). I'll take it to the track and drag, but more so I can go play than for any kind of pissing contest.

My 2 cents

KF Aviator
    Scoobys Rule.

No matter what you do to it, its still a civic.

Drag racing a civic is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you do win, you are still retarded.

Dont buy the Maxima Or The STi. Get an Evo you wont regret it .
    Long Live King Evo.

You will Like the STi better than the Evo.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

t
    My vote goes for Sti of course.............your maxima is a beast..whats it run ?

-Thomas

You will love the STi, go for it man.

Wow ! You have one sweet ride back there. Speed/mods is probably the only reason why you would want an STI.

Just remember you might have to do all those mods over again.
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

I drove a '98 Vortech supercharged Maxima before. I think you will be quite surprised with even just a normal wrx maxing out its stock turbo
    '03 white rex

Sweet maxima....also nice term for the spoiler..."park bench"

Anyway, I say go for the STi, and embrace yourself with new car payments!!!
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.