Should I get an '05 STi??? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Should I get an '05 STi??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; arraffio: you have one of if not THE nicest maxima on the .org although im not quite on the same ...

arraffio:

you have one of if not THE nicest maxima on the .org

although im not quite on the same level, i went from a modded 97' SE to a modded wrx. I can tell you right now that you are going to miss the pimp factor of the maxima, and the refinment/luxury.
    as far as power goes, i think you will be quite impressed with what the STI has to offer. and with all the work you have had to put into your max i think you will also be very impressed with how incredably easy it is to make these cars fast.

i wont go into long details here, but def. check out the sti. i think you will miss the maxima's refinment and luxery, but IMO the sti's AWD and modability will make up for that.

feel free to ask me any questions... like i said, i came from a fairly modded 97' SE and now drive a wrx. so i would be happy to help you out.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, after lots of thought, I have decided to wait until after this winter to part out my Maxima and get something new. I'll spend the winter returning my Maxima to stock form, which will make it easier to sell and will also put more money in my pocket in the end.
    As far as what I'll get to replace the Maxima, I'll test drive several cars I am interested in and base my decision on both price and test drive.
    I think if I was to get an STi, it would be more for the speed factor than anything else. I'm not so sure that 3 or 4 years down the road I'll be 100% happy with purchasing a car based on its speed.
    Thanks for the compliments on my Maxima. I've put thousands of hours and dollars into it and whatever I get to replace it, I'll still miss it.

-Tony

Originally posted by araffioSTi
    Well, after lots of thought, I have decided to wait until after this winter to part out my Maxima and get something new. I'll spend the winter returning my Maxima to stock form, which will make it easier to sell and will also put more money in my pocket in the end.
    As far as what I'll get to replace the Maxima, I'll test drive several cars I am interested in and base my decision on both price and test drive.
    I think if I was to get an STi, it would be more for the speed factor than anything else. I'm not so sure that 3 or 4 years down the road I'll be 100% happy with purchasing a car based on its speed.
    Thanks for the compliments on my Maxima. I've put thousands of hours and dollars into it and whatever I get to replace it, I'll still miss it.

-Tony
    damn, sad to hear your getting rid of it.... you have come such a logn way with it, especially in the last year or so.

what other cars are you considering over the STI?
    if I may make a suggestion, i think you should STONGLY consider the G35c or G35x. then you can stay in the VQ family
    Just call me Clark Kent

I will most likely get a G35 Coupe and Supercharge it right away with a Stillen kit. Minor exterior mods and that'll be it.
    Other cars I'm thinking about are 350z, Evo8 and STi

-Tony

t
    I will most likely get a G35 Coupe and Supercharge it right away with a Stillen kit. Minor exterior mods and that'll be it.

-Tony
    Wouldn't be a bad idea . How bout' a TT'd 350z .

Your maxima is beautiful! Seriously tho, I would strongly consider the G35. Personally I would buy a G35 right away if they had the coupe version available in AWD. Then I would just drop a built skyline block into it, ahh that would be good. But ya, go check out a wrx or an STi sometime. I promise you wont be dissapointed. Take one for a test drive, even tho they are not luxurious a wrx rides very nice, and you can even put leather into it for the extra luxury. Take all those cars for a test drive and see which one you like most, you can pick up a nice STi with a couple thousand miles for about 27k, which is a good deal if you ask me.

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

-Tony
    although i drive a wrx, and love the sti, i would buy a G35c over an STI ANY DAY OF THE WEEK

my vote goes for the g35c. good luck on your search... i am sure the guys at the org are going to have a fricken field day when you part out all that stuff
    Just call me Clark Kent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.