I beat a Mustang GT from 80 mph!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on I beat a Mustang GT from 80 mph! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Let me preface this story by saying that my car was in full and I mean FULL drag trim. I ...

I beat a Mustang GT from 80 mph!

Let me preface this story by saying that my car was in full and I mean FULL drag trim. I was running <3 gallons and the only thing left in my interior was the carpet, the driver's seat and the center console. Boost was set at 17psi and it was HOT as HELL outside 90+ with too much humidity!

I was cruising to a picnic in South Jersey. I'm southbound on 295 at about 80 mph when I glance in my rear view and see a Mustang GT coming up on me. We were both in the center lane. I figure, "What the hell?" and drop it in third. I had to move into the right lane, where I shifted into fourth and kept in down. I check my mirrors and look around. I can't find the Mustang!!!

Where the hell did he go???!!?
    Aaaahh, my blind spot...
    Well he was stuck there until I shut down at 115mph!!
    I had lent my V1 to my sister for a trip, so I was flying blind, or else I would've taken him to 125 or so.

Anyway, it was a blast. I had a grin on my face up until I drove past a cop (after the Mustang) at 88mph in a 65. I don't think the trooper was paying attention because I didn't see him again.

For all those that think V8 are king on the highway, I say BAH! I still have my stock exhuast on my car!

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I posted a similar story a few weeks ago. Nobody believed me. With the right mods, our top end ain't bad. Good job Jim!

Nice kill Jim!
    Did you get you uppipe in yet?
    WR Blue Perl WRX

Originally posted by neptune
    Nice kill Jim!
    Did you get you uppipe in yet?
    Nope, as of right now, I'm still on stock exhaust. I'm buying an impact wrench and waiting for my downpipe before I try this install again.

Carlo and I worked on it until 1:30am on Friday night. I left his house at 2:10am and got home at 3:15am. All this after working 8.5 hours. BRUTAL!

-Jim

My admittedly limited experience driving a Mustang GT 'vert recently would lead me to believe that in stock trim they would be no match for even a mildly modded WRX at any speed.

Good kill.

-Pace

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

Nope, as of right now, I'm still on stock exhaust. I'm buying an impact wrench and waiting for my downpipe before I try this install again.

Carlo and I worked on it until 1:30am on Friday night. I left his house at 2:10am and got home at 3:15am. All this after working 8.5 hours. BRUTAL!

-Jim
    Sounds like me working on the Nitrous install. I spent countless hours, tore a lot of skin, and made little progress. Right before I gave up for the night, I finally figured out where to mount the solenoids. I should be good to go for the next attempt.

-Pace

str
    I got ahead of a Mustang GT on the highway doing about 70. I hit 100 and he was a few cars back, but close. I'm assuming he was stock but I wasn't impressed. This was before I had any mods.

Some GTs are slow. The ones I've beaten either didn't know how to drive, was too scared to push their car, or was pretty stock. All mine has performance wise is a full turboback. Before I got my downpipe, I could beat GTs anywhere from 1-3 cars depending on the driver. Now, I can beat the new and old GTs no problem. I'd say now that I can beat them by about 2-5/6ish easily depending on the driver.

Good kill.

Thumbs up

Excellant kill
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Pt,

In the words of our favorite RSXracer memeber, liar! heehee

Nice kill! I bet he thought he was gonna spank him some goofy looking 4-door. Don't you know he was like...

I see you wasted no time getting your car back into the running! I'm impressed you were able to hold him off (i.e keep him there).
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.